Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Overdose on marijuana just results in paranoia typically because of heart palpitations people get scared but there’s never been any reports of fatal marijuana overdose. Moderation and knowing your limit is the key thing here. But even going past your limit won’t result in death or permanent injury aside from doing something stupid like driving a car maybe or shooting apples off your buddy’s head. Alcohol is way more dangerous than marijuana. People do actually die from alcohol poisoning and people also get way more impaired than marijuana use. I’ve never seen anyone who couldn’t walk or talk from smoking too much marijuana.

You can always tell who is driving high. They are usually going about fifteen miles per hour with both hands on the wheel. 5mph if they see a cop.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What good thing can pot do for you that God cannot? Does marijuana help take you deeper into God? Does it make you more like Christ? How does using pot aid you in being an ambassador for Jesus to a lost and dying world?
Yes it is. Getting high is the same as getting drunk, and scripture warns that no drunkard will enter heaven.

It is in no way shape or forms the same. I know plenty of drunks and they are hands down the worst people to be around. You can't look around and point out the pot smokers but you can always tell who the drunks are.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You can always tell who is driving high. They are usually going about fifteen miles per hour with both hands on the wheel. 5mph if they see a cop.

This is true, don't drive on anything not even if you think "I can hang"
Marijuana impacts your ability to drive, not quite as bad as alcohol and one of the differences is the person on marijuana is AWARE that they are impaired and seek to compensate by driving much slower.
I saw a test case after colorado legalized it where they got people stoned and had them drive on a closed course with police officers watching them. They said they could tell the drivers were stoned because of how slow and intentionally careful they were. They said that even though they could tell, they wouldn't pull them over though because they weren't driving dangerously. But they could still tell.
Meanwhile a drunk driver is overconfident in their ability and less aware of how impaired they are, they tend to drive more recklessly and start falling asleep behind the wheel. Alcohol has FAR more dramatic effects on the ability of one to control coordination of their body as well. Marijuana, as a comedian once put it.. "you can still function.... you ain't crisp, but you'll function". I've never woke up laying on an unfamiliar floor (or ditch...) from marijuana or gotten into a fight or borderline fornication from marijuana... alcohol.. less inhibitions across the board, people more prone to violence, and alcohol impacts a person's ability to control their own body, to the point of passing out suddenly in some cases, with memory blackout, and winding up in said ditches and strange floors, people wind up with fornication and unwanted pregnancies, adultery, fights over said adultery, injuries they can't explain because they lost control and fell off something.. the list goes on as Proverbs 23 attests:
29 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?
30 They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.
31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
33 Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
34 Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.
35 They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

Not that marijuana is harmless, THC is still an intoxicant, and it can lower inhibitions to other sins, particularly gluttony, laziness.. but you're always in enough control not to wind up fornicating with someone else's girlfriend and getting into a fight, and in enough control to not cause yourself injuries.. and you'll always at least find a couch to crash on rather than faceplanting the floor. Between the two? Alcohol is a more severe intoxicant. But really you shouldn't be intoxicated by anything, that's bringing you under the mastery of something that's not God, which is sin.

Using for medicine, or drinking a glass of wine or a beer with food? you aren't under the mastery of anything. Use to excess... and you cross a line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟344,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I also agree that if you are having convictions about it then it is a sin. Good point. :oldthumbsup:
So sin is subjective, What is sinful for me might not be sinful for you? It is all up to our opinion with no standard. Accordingly we are our own judge.
NO.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Great. Which ones?
Can you point me to a single objective study that agrees with your assessment that “ in most cases marijuana use is harmful”

all the studies I am aware of actually find the opposite to be true.

As for your personal observations they are of course skewed to your personal circle and experience, and are therefore ineffectual at determining whether or not it is harmful (or not) in “most cases“.
What are marijuana's long-term effects on the brain? | National Institute on Drug Abuse

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/marijuana-rehab/long-term-effects

How Marijuana Affects Your Mind and Body

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Marijuana has no long term effects. It does not make a person psychotic. The worst effect of marijuana is it makes people lazy and content and even that is only temporary. The effects of marijuana typically last about 4-6 hours.
Oh really? Research shows you to be wrong, especially for those who start in their teen years. I know a bunch of users and former users who would disagree with you. One thinks he's fine. He's a teacher and a professional musician. He also believes that Star Trek is a documentary and that aliens are assembling in space to invade us.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So sin is subjective, What is sinful for me might not be sinful for you? It is all up to our opinion with no standard. Accordingly we are our own judge.
NO.
to a degree yes. There are some things that are always sin. There are other things that Christians have liberty in but other brethren may feel is sinful and they become stumbling blocks for them. A Christian who has the self control to not drink alcohol in excess will be at liberty to consume alcohol in moderation. But for a Christian that lacks that self control they shouldn't consume any at all, and if you're fellowshipping with that Christian who shouldn't drink any alcohol at all, a responsible Christian wouldn't drink alcohol around them, to not be a stumbling block.
Some things, there is no liberty on. Like murder or theft or fornication. Those are always sin.
Something like alcohol or marijuana, it's not ALWAYS sin, but it can be or it may not be sin, depending on how it is used, how much is used, and why it is used, and whether that person can exercise self control or not, because being intoxicated on either is ALWAYS sin.

• Agree
Reactions: Believer000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Oh really? Research shows you to be wrong, especially for those who start in their teen years. I know a bunch of users and former users who would disagree with you. One thinks he's fine. He's a teacher and a professional musician. He also believes that Star Trek is a documentary and that aliens are assembling in space to invade us.

what you know is abusers, not users. There is a difference.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Opinions?. I''m asking for a friend. Thank you

1 Thessalonians 5:6-8 (NRSV)
So then let us not fall asleep as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober; for those who sleep sleep at night, and those who are drunk get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, and put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.

When you're stoned you're not sober.

• Informative
Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would offer. Anything that does not come by the faith of Christ that works in us to both will and empower us to do the good pleasure of God is sin .

The do not be drunk on wine is in respect to anything the intoxicates or invigorates our new born again spirit .It causes dissipation of his Spirit working in us. Its not a matter of rights for a Christian but a matter of responsibility to the Spirt that indwells us.

In that way the gateway drug is alcohol if it is made to no effect by the standards of this world it loses it power in the scriptures . Again anything that intoxicates or invigorates is considered wine . This includes eating or not eating . the extremes.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,318.00
Faith
Christian
He also believes that Star Trek is a documentary and that aliens are assembling in space to invade us.

Sounds as if he smokes DMT to me.

Aliens and DMT are like tea and toast - everyone that I personally know reports alien sightings when they're on Dimitri.

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Opinions?. I''m asking for a friend. Thank you
I've always at sin as not, many times, being why you do something and not what you do. As an example, are you kneeling in prayer to bring attention to yourself or to show reverence to God.

As far as marijuana goes, it has been found to have medicinal properties, so using it for those purposes shouldn't be sinful, in nature. I don't know why a person uses it so I don't judge them for it.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟344,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
to a degree yes. There are some things that are always sin. There are other things that Christians have liberty in but other brethren may feel is sinful and they become stumbling blocks for them. A Christian who has the self control to not drink alcohol in excess will be at liberty to consume alcohol in moderation. But for a Christian that lacks that self control they shouldn't consume any at all, and if you're fellowshipping with that Christian who shouldn't drink any alcohol at all, a responsible Christian wouldn't drink alcohol around them, to not be a stumbling block.
Some things, there is no liberty on. Like murder or theft or fornication. Those are always sin.
Something like alcohol or marijuana, it's not ALWAYS sin, but it can be or it may not be sin, depending on how it is used, how much is used, and why it is used, and whether that person can exercise self control or not, because being intoxicated on either is ALWAYS sin.
Impairment starts with the first drink or puff. So
No, because being intoxicated is a sin.

• Useful
Reactions: garee
Upvote 0

steppinrazor

Philippians 4:8, Proverbs 3:6
Supporter
Jan 4, 2020
Mount Juliet
✟83,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Impairment starts with the first drink or puff. So
No, because being intoxicated is a sin.

intoxication can result from sugar, water, carbohydrates, ext...so what are yo suggesting? Really, a small amount of THC, psylicibin, DMT..whatever is the same as eating a candy bar...all things in moderation is the way I see it

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
intoxication can result from sugar, water, carbohydrates, ext...so what are yo suggesting? Really, a small amount of THC, psylicibin, DMT..whatever is the same as eating a candy bar...all things in moderation is the way I see it
Anyone who has ever achieved “carb coma” after a spaghetti dinner knows this to be true...

Upvote 0