West coast
✟32,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All things are lawful but not all are helpful. Marijuana is, in most cases, harmful. God gave us dominion over the creation. If we are addicted, it has dominion over us.
So anything were addicted to right?

Upvote 0

Loversofjesus_2018

Nov 13, 2018
West coast
✟32,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don’t believe marijuana consumption is right for me.
I don’t believe its right for my spouse and children.
I don’t impose my standard on others.

But I won’t be around those who do. It’s not my thing.

Yours in His Service,

~bella
Once again awesome!

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

lsume

Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im not sure it’s the result of sinful legislation or just society in general. It seems that there’s been an element of rebellion in the youth of each generation always moving closer and closer towards immortality and ungodliness. Like slowly over time sin has become progressively more and more accepted by society and it seems to progress through the youth in each generation. That’s what I see anyway.
I agree. The legislation is a direct reflection of the people. It always has been. Sin takes its course and becomes more and more acceptable thus ushering in more sin. God The Father places every leader in their place. God does not do evil that good may come. Before the flood every imagination of man’s heart was sinful as I understand it. They used to say that America was around 20 years behind the liberalization of Europe. That along with a similar lag time behind California’s liberalization. Regardless of all of that, as sin increases, so does lawlessness. America has been rewarding the wrong people for too long. God Will always Win. Remember what Christ said in John 16 and also from James. Most are unaware of these verses. Of course the enemy trembles at the power of God The Father. Why would God ever reveal more of His power than necessary to do His work. When the rebellion happened, the fallen got a taste of God’s infinite power.

Jas.2
  1. [19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
John.16

1. [11] Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do cheeseburgers or green shirts make you stoned? Does a whistle or bean bag chair alter your brain biochemistry, diminishing good judgment in the way toking does? Are you tempted to resort to wearing a green shirt when anxious rather than learning to trust in God, as people are tempted to do with pot?

So how does wine compare in this discussion?

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭13:1-3‬ ‭NASB
Sin is not based on what man says, period.

if it’s a sin for you, it’s a sin for me. It’s either a sin or not. Romans 13:1-3 doesn’t help address the issue of hypocritical laws in the USA.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What does Scripture say?

Well scripture tells us that Jesus made wine and that He drank it. It also tells us not to be drunkards. So by this we can conclude that it is acceptable to drink wine in moderation.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sin is not based on what man says, period.

if it’s a sin for you, it’s a sin for me. It’s either a sin or not. Romans 13:1-3 doesn’t help address the issue of hypocritical laws in the USA.

So your saying we don’t need to be in subjection to the governing authorities? That’s not what Paul wrote my friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You cant use marijuana without getting high and altering your state of consciousness. Unlike moderate alcohol consumption.

Where is altering your state of consciousness forbidden in the Bible? When Jesus made wine from water at the wedding at Cana did people get drunk?

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where is altering your state of consciousness forbidden in the Bible? When Jesus made wine from water at the wedding at Cana did people get drunk?

Altering your state of consciousness is pharmakia/witchcraft.

• Haha
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Altering your state of consciousness is pharmakia/witchcraft.

So, this also then must apply to Sugar, Caffine, Nicotine, Roller Coasters, Movies, Video games, VR, Skiing, Distance Running, Sprinting, Driving fast, spinning in circles with your forehead on a baseball bat then trying to walk a straight line.....all of these are then Witchcraft, yes?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Believer000
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well scripture tells us that Jesus made wine and that He drank it.

Where does Scripture say Jesus drank wine? I recall that the Pharisees, Jesus's enemies, called him a "winebibber," but I don't think their accusation ought to be taken seriously. Apart from the slander of the Pharisees, I can't think of any place that says explicitly that Jesus drank wine.

It also tells us not to be drunkards. So by this we can conclude that it is acceptable to drink wine in moderation.

Yes. Drunkenness is forbidden in Scripture. And, yes, drinking wine without getting drunk seems to be permissible. But, then, isn't the simplest, best way to avoid getting drunk just never to drink alcohol? Yes. Why run a risk of drunkenness, however slight, when it is utterly unnecessary to do so?

Why is it only alcohol that the Bible expressly addresses in its various prohibitions of evil things and not other foodstuffs such as sugar, or fried foods, or coffee? Because the power of alcohol to cause harm and its common association with - and facilitation of - wickedness far exceeds anything a bucket of fried chicken, or a chocolate cake, or a venti latte from Starbucks could produce.

Proverbs 20:1
1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is it only alcohol that the Bible expressly addresses in its various prohibitions of evil things and not other foodstuffs such as sugar, or fried foods, or coffee?
Or Mushrooms...

• Haha
Reactions: Believer000
Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where does Scripture say Jesus drank wine?

It was the very last thing Jesus did before dying on the cross:

JOHN 19:28-30 28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” 29 Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. 30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He delivered up His spirit.

Upvote 0