Dallas
✟887,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do know that Matthew 25:31-46 lays out exactly what criteria Jesus uses to decide who goes on His left and is discarded, and who goes on His right and is welcomed into heaven, and marijuana use is listed nowhere among them.

That’s not the only criteria for entering heaven. Surely a repeat rapist or murderer will not enter heaven if he hasn’t repented and yet murder or rape is not listed in Matthew 25:31-46 nor is idolatry. Jesus gave some examples there but not all the requirements for entering heaven.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well, I have a neighbor that is presently insane because he was addicted to smoking it. He ran mad when he was a teen and he's currently in his thirties. Perhaps if it can be taken as a tablet, in controlled prescription to ease pain but most times people who use it tend to get addicted. If it is legalized in a country then using it for medical reasons isn't a sin but if your friend just wants to smoke it to get high, then it's a sin, you shouldn't keep such friends. God bless

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I provided evidence and your rejecting it with no explanation. The context is clear throughout the chapter that one person regards a certain day and one person chooses to eat and another does not. Another indication is eating meat offered to idols. If someone has convictions about it we are to abstain for the sake of not causing a brother to stumble but if no one has any convictions about it we are free to eat. If you disagree with my interpretation of these verses then it would be helpful if you gave your interpretation so we can compare them with the scriptures otherwise just a rejection with no actual explanation is of no benefit to anyone.
As was just posting the verses. Which as you say are about eating not drinking alcohol or smoking pot to be intoxicated.

There is a lot of responsibility that we take upon ourselves when we teach my friend. Whether we know it or not that is what we are doing when we share our views in reference to the Holy Writ.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As was just posting the verses. Which as you say are about eating not drinking alcohol or smoking pot to be intoxicated.

There is a lot of responsibility that we take upon ourselves when we teach my friend. Whether we know it or not that is what we are doing when we share our views in reference to the Holy Writ.

Ok but I just gave an explanation of the verses. Previously I thought they were clear enough on their own to support the notion that it is a sin to eat meat if it offends someone but it’s not a sin if it doesn’t offend anyone. It’s still the same act. One person can eat meat and sin while another can eat meat and not sin. Your still not providing any explanation as to your interpretation of the verse to provide evidence that my interpretation is incorrect.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'll just leave this here; Do you trust Jesus Christ?

Christians are allowed to do anything they want.

1 Corinthians 10:23 You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you. You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is beneficial.

Though not everything good for us. Especially if it starts to effect their faith with God and their love for others and becomes a problem to the point it is effecting all ways of their life.

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was recently in Vegas (baby!) and I was able to procure some weed since it is legal there and the Dispensary was conveniently located right by the Mall off the strip.

I have to say, Marijuana is a blessing as far as the plant world goes. While I do not want to see kids using it, for us aging people it is a great panacea for all types of aches and pains. It is safer than alcohol and feels better. it is much safer than pain pills and since I was not driving, I did not run the risk of wrecking a rental car into something and then having to explain why.

Now I do not use weed here, since it is illegal, but I do enjoy it when I travel to a state or country which allows it. And as soon as the pandemic lifts, I plan to do much more travelling. Amen.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it’s illegal where you live it’s a sin. Also if it causes you to sin when your under the influence of it then it’s a sin. Other than that if used in moderation in a place where it is legal there’s nothing in the Bible against it.
It’s something between you and Christ. They have medical marijuana here and I was on a fair amount of morphine prior through my pain doctor. However, I don’t get the pain relief I got before. Christ gives me relief when I ask.

• Friendly
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It’s something between you and Christ. They have medical marijuana here and I was on a fair amount of morphine prior through my pain doctor. However, I don’t get the pain relief I got before. Christ gives me relief when I ask.

Praise The Lord

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 2:16
And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat;

As Nothing was "created" after the 6th day, we know that the "cannabis tree" was in the garden. And God Commanded Adam with the authority to "freely eat" of it.

I know of no scripture where God rescinds that Command.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums