Cochin
✟15,306.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I was thinking a lot about a girl I thought I would ask God......
So I opened The Holy Bible and I first got Zechariah (beginning of the book) which was god calling my name (its my baptism name) .... And then I got Songs OF Solomon 1:1.......I again opened The Bible and I again got the same book......I am more confused..... Is she really my girl

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why are you flipping open a bible to answer that - you flip it open and try to find an answer in a random verse and so you are confused. If I was God Id be scratching my head going..."what on earth is that guy doing". Have you tried talking to the girl?

Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I opened The Holy Bible and I first got Zechariah (beginning of the book) which was god calling my name (its my baptism name) .... And then I got Songs OF Solomon 1:1.......I again opened The Bible and I again got the same book......I am more confused..... Is she really my girl
Does this lady love the Lord more than you? If so as you love the Lord that is a very first step in a Christian relationship.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
No.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There is the story about a zealous young man who really liked a girl in the church named Grace. So, he went to his Bible, and used the closed eyes and pin method and got this Scripture: "Grace be to you and peace through our Lord Jesus Christ." Through that he was convinced that Grace was the girl for him. It ended up being embarrassing for him because Grace had no feelings for him and actually didn't like him at all!

There is no substitute for getting know members of the opposite sex in a group of friends without wondering every time a girl smiles at you whether this is God's girl for you. Good relationships happen gradually and there is a mutual friendship first, followed by a mutual attraction and a desire for you both to spend more time together, to get to know each other better. Then the relationship might end there and never progress beyond a friendship, but also, the friendship may turn into a mutual love for each other, leading to wanting to spend the rest of your lives together. This is the normal and natural way for a love relationship to blossom.

Any other way is misusing the Scripture to "stalk" unfortunate ladies in the church, and will only serve to give you the reputation of being a lonely hunter after love, and that would put most ladies in the church off you. There have been some disastrous marriages ending in messy divorces because a man has convinced a woman that God has told him that they should get married, or that a church leader has "had a word from God" that they a ideal marriage partners.

It is through faith and patience we inherit the promises, and rushing into a relationship because you have feelings for the woman, may be a disaster for you, because she might not feel the same way about you. Yet, there may be someone right under your nose who is attracted to you and you don't even know she exists until you meet her by chance and realise that you are just as attracted to her as she is to you.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JC, bible roulette is no way to try to discern God's plan for you.

A former pastor of mine was weaned from that by flipping to the following verses:

Judas went and hanged himself.

Go thou and do likewise.

Do what you must do quickly.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
JC, bible roulette is no way to try to discern God's plan for you.

A former pastor of mine was weaned from that by flipping to the following verses:

Judas went and hanged himself.

Go thou and do likewise.

Do what you must do quickly.
Wesleyan Pentecostals are the best! You get holiness plus the gifts of the Spirit. My old pastor was the same and after 45 years, his ministry and discipleship has remained the foundation of my Christian life. After all the training of my other mentors over the years faded, his training remained fresh and real. He would never have put up with many of the modern Charismatic practices, and even back in the late 1960s and early 1970s, he wasn't popular in Pentecostal circles because of his very strict attitude toward what was appropriate or not.

Upvote 0