Is sex before premarital sex really sinful?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Wait a minute! Is this thread about masturbation or about the topic of actual human-to-human contact between an otherwise consenting man and woman? If it's the first, I'm not touching that topic.
Can I humbly and respectfully ask "why or why not...?"

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Rev21
sexual immorality is any type of sex outside of marriage - sex with animals - homosexuality/lesibian

I read stories about people marrying their dogs... then there is homosexual marriages... it is "legally" with in marriage so if they have sex with then it isn't sexual immoral anymore?

The Bible is vague about premarital sex, most people wrap up premarital sex in the same blanket when they see the word sexual immorality, fornication, adultery, etc. im not saying it's all ok, but i'm a bit more understanding towards other peoples views on it regardless of the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TommySoda

Apr 14, 2018
NY
✟37,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wait a minute! Is this thread about masturbation or about the topic of actual human-to-human contact between an otherwise consenting man and woman? If it's the first, I'm not touching that topic.
I mean I guess masturbation could included in this, isn’t technically sexual immorality since lust is involved? Anyway overall no it’s mostly about human to human contact.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can I humbly and respectfully ask "why or why not...?"

God Bless!

You may ask, and I may answer. Of course, then again, I might not. These kinds of threads start to get a bit too freaky for me the further out they keep going.

• Haha
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

TommySoda

Apr 14, 2018
NY
✟37,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I mean I guess masturbation could included in this, isn’t technically sexual immorality since lust is involved? Anyway overall no it’s mostly about human to human contact.
Edit: isn’t it technically sexual immoral*

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Let's back up for a minute. What is the intended meaning of your thread Title? I'm asking because....it's just a strange way to articulate and approach "premarital sex" as a topic, especially as it relates specifically to Christians.

Upvote 0

TommySoda

Apr 14, 2018
NY
✟37,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's back up for a minute. What is the intended meaning of your thread Title? I'm asking because....it's just a strange way to articulate and approach "premarital sex" as a topic, especially as it relates specifically to Christians.
A. Is celibacy being a sin outdated
B. If not how would you suggest people stay celibate in today’s time.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A. Is celibacy being a sin outdated
B. If not how would you suggest people stay celibate in today’s time.

Ok. I get your meaning now. That's my fault for missing that detail, or at least to some extent. Things happen since I have a son and a wife who don't respect my efforts to engage people on line and insist that they interrupt my train of thought when I'm thus trying to concentrate.

Celibacy, ay?

Well, I'm not aware that celibacy was ever a sin. Where'd you get that idea? Moreover, if we look at Paul's writing to the Corinthians, he only suggests that Christians be celibate if they've been given that state of mind and body as a gift from God, and his notion is that it would basically be for life. He recognizes that for most people, celibacy will not be an option, hence the reason he tells them that they should get married.

Upvote 0

TommySoda

Apr 14, 2018
NY
✟37,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok. I get your meaning now. That's my fault for missing that detail, or at least to some extent. Things happen when you have a son and a wife who don't respect your effort to engage people on line and insist that they interrupt my train of thought when I'm thus trying to concentrate.

Celibacy, ay?

Well, I'm not aware that celibacy was ever a sin. Where'd you get that idea? Moreover, if we look at Paul's writing to the Corinthians, he only suggests that Christians be celibate if they've been given that state of mind and body as a gift from God, and his notion is that it would basically be for life. He recognizes that for most people, celibacy will not be an option, hence the reason he tells them that the should get married.
No I’m sorry I’m confusing you, what I meant to say is “IS NOT PRACTICING celibacy being a sin outdated” I guess I must of mistyped. I still personally believe that offer marriage as a solution to feeling horny is terrible advice although.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TommySoda

Apr 14, 2018
NY
✟37,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No I’m sorry I’m confusing you, what I meant to say is “IS NOT PRACTICING celibacy being a sin outdated” I guess I must of mistyped. I still personally believe that offer marriage as a solution to feeling horny is terrible advice although.
Edit: To offer*

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

...I don't know about that. I thought it was great advice; at least it was in my case at that age. But, that's been decades ago now. :dontcare: And I'd firmly suggest that Christian men and women get married who are sexually attracted to each and who have fallen in love.

However, I did tell my son just a few years ago that I thought it was my responsibility that if, even at age 18 or 19, he were to meet a young lady, and he and she just seemed to get to a place in their relationship where they definitely felt they loved each other (but were still too financially unset to make it work on their own) that it would be my responsibility to help them as much as I could so they would be able to be together NOW, as well as be able to get by with a roof over their heads until they could both get themselves financially settled. That's what Christian parents are supposed to be willing to do ... but many don't.

Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The reason why I think not considering sex a sacred or holy thing is more damaging to females than it is males is, because not only do I wonder if some of those females are being deceived on this issue, but also, females place a very emotional attachment and emphasis on sex, and seek the emotional fulfillment that comes from it, but with males, it tends to more just a physical thing...

Of the females who know this about men and women, but sleep with those men anyway, they usually realize that what they are seeking from it and want to get from it is lessened greatly by this realization, and especially by just sleeping with these men anyway, full well knowing this, so that the feeling that their seeking from it is very fleeting and extremely temporary, but, some just don't care, or not being able to get the male to see it in the same way, just give up caring on or about it anymore, but get very depressed due to this sometimes...

But, some may disagree... I invite you to comment if you do and please say why or why not please...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do realize it is condemned in the bible at all cost but some part of me just feels it was meant for that time and culture and not us. The reason I’m saying this is because during biblical times most engagements were set up by the spouses families and they weren’t allowed to meet each other until they married. Clearly this isn’t the case anymore now since dating exists and parents no longer intrudes in their children’s dating life. What I’m getting at with this is, isn’t it possible it was FAR more easier to be celibate when you already had a planned engagement at a young age? In modern times most people don’t marry strangers and marriages are decided by them not their parents based off of class or benefits like biblical times. Most people don’t even marry until they’re WAY older.

God does not change, he is does not shift based on culture, he is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Sex outside of marriage is fornication and the very definition of it.

Even websters (world definition) understands what fornication is....

Definition of fornication
: consensual (see consensual 2) sexual intercourse between two persons not married to each other — compare adultery

Frankly it seems you are trying to justify sex outside of marriage and construct your own opinion. I would suggest reading the bible and a healthy dose of fear of the Lord could not hurt either.

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 ESV / 515 helpful votes
Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Hebrews 13:4 ESV / 484 helpful votes
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Galatians 5:19-21 ESV / 350 helpful votes
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

John 8:41-42 ESV / 328 helpful votes
You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.

1 Corinthians 7:2 ESV / 326 helpful votes
But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

1 Corinthians 6:18 ESV / 265 helpful votes
Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV / 237 helpful votes
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Revelation 21:8 ESV / 204 helpful votes
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Matthew 5:32 ESV / 201 helpful votes
But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV / 187 helpful votes
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Matthew 19:9 ESV / 182 helpful votes
And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

Mark 7:20-23 ESV / 177 helpful votes
And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

1 Corinthians 5:1 ESV / 175 helpful votes
It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife.

1 Corinthians 6:13 ESV / 154 helpful votes
“Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food”—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-4 ESV / 145 helpful votes
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,

Jude 1:7 ESV / 133 helpful votes
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Ephesians 5:3 ESV / 123 helpful votes
But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints.

Colossians 3:5 ESV / 120 helpful votes
Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Exodus 22:16-17 ESV / 119 helpful votes
“If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride-price for virgins.

1 John 1:9 ESV / 99 helpful votes
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 12:1-2 ESV / 98 helpful votes
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

2 Timothy 2:22 ESV / 83 helpful votes
So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Revelation 22:15 ESV / 75 helpful votes
Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

1 Timothy 1:10 ESV / 72 helpful votes
The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

Matthew 15:19-20 ESV / 72 helpful votes
For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.”

Revelation 9:21 ESV / 64 helpful votes
Nor did they repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Job 31:1 ESV / 61 helpful votes
“I have made a covenant with my eyes; how then could I gaze at a virgin?

Deuteronomy 22:22 ESV / 57 helpful votes
“If a man is found lying with the wife of another man, both of them shall die, the man who lay with the woman, and the woman. So you shall purge the evil from Israel.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 ESV / 55 helpful votes
“If there is a betrothed virgin, and a man meets her in the city and lies with her, then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city, and you shall stone them to death with stones, the young woman because she did not cry for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbor's wife. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

Revelation 2:14 ESV / 54 helpful votes
But I have a few things against you: you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, so that they might eat food sacrificed to idols and practice sexual immorality.

1 Corinthians 7:9 ESV / 53 helpful votes
But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Galatians 5:19 ESV / 52 helpful votes
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,

1 Corinthians 6:9 ESV / 48 helpful votes
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

Jeremiah 3:1 ESV / 46 helpful votes
“If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man's wife, will he return to her? Would not that land be greatly polluted? You have played the harlot with many lovers; and would you return to me? declares the Lord.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21 ESV / 46 helpful votes
But if the thing is true, that evidence of virginity was not found in the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has done an outrageous thing in Israel by whoring in her father's house. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

Revelation 2:20 ESV / 43 helpful votes
But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols.

Exodus 20:14 ESV / 43 helpful votes
“You shall not commit adultery.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 ESV / 39 helpful votes
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality;

1 Corinthians 10:8 ESV / 39 helpful votes
We must not indulge in sexual immorality as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in a single day.

Matthew 15:19 ESV / 37 helpful votes
For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander.

Ephesians 5:5 ESV / 36 helpful votes
For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Leviticus 18:6-10 ESV / 35 helpful votes
“None of you shall approach any one of his close relatives to uncover nakedness. I am the Lord. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father, which is the nakedness of your mother; she is your mother, you shall not uncover her nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's wife; it is your father's nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your sister, your father's daughter or your mother's daughter, whether brought up in the family or in another home. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your son's daughter or of your daughter's daughter, for their nakedness is your own nakedness.

2 Corinthians 12:21 ESV / 34 helpful votes
I fear that when I come again my God may humble me before you, and I may have to mourn over many of those who sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and sensuality that they have practiced.

Leviticus 20:10 ESV / 31 helpful votes
“If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 20:11-14 ESV / 30 helpful votes
If a man lies with his father's wife, he has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall surely be put to death; they have committed perversion; their blood is upon them. If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. If a man takes a woman and her mother also, it is depravity; he and they shall be burned with fire, that there may be no depravity among you.

Matthew 5:27-28 ESV / 29 helpful votes
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Leviticus 20:17 ESV / 29 helpful votes
“If a man takes his sister, a daughter of his father or a daughter of his mother, and sees her nakedness, and she sees his nakedness, it is a disgrace, and they shall be cut off in the sight of the children of their people. He has uncovered his sister's nakedness, and he shall bear his iniquity.

Hebrews 12:16 ESV / 28 helpful votes
That no one is sexually immoral or unholy like Esau, who sold his birthright for a single meal.

1 Corinthians 7:1 ESV / 28 helpful votes
Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.”

Acts 15:20 ESV / 28 helpful votes
But should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

Jeremiah 3:8 ESV / 27 helpful votes
She saw that for all the adulteries of that faithless one, Israel, I had sent her away with a decree of divorce. Yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but she too went and played the harlot.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ESV / 25 helpful votes
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Proverbs 31:3 ESV / 25 helpful votes
Do not give your strength to women, your ways to those who destroy kings.

Revelation 2:21 ESV / 24 helpful votes
I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality.

1 Corinthians 5:1-13 ESV / 24 helpful votes
It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you. For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord. ...

Luke 16:18 ESV / 24 helpful votes
“Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.

Leviticus 18:15-18 ESV / 24 helpful votes
You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law; she is your son's wife, you shall not uncover her nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother's wife; it is your brother's nakedness. You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and of her daughter, and you shall not take her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter to uncover her nakedness; they are relatives; it is depravity. And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is still alive.

Revelation 17:1-2 ESV / 23 helpful votes
Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality, and with the wine of whose sexual immorality the dwellers on earth have become drunk.”

Proverbs 6:32 ESV / 23 helpful votes
He who commits adultery lacks sense; he who does it destroys himself.

Revelation 17:2 ESV / 22 helpful votes
With whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality, and with the wine of whose sexual immorality the dwellers on earth have become drunk.”

Hebrews 13:1-25 ESV / 22 helpful votes
Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body. Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” ...

Romans 1:29 ESV / 22 helpful votes
They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,

Matthew 1:18-20 ESV / 22 helpful votes
Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit. And her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Leviticus 20:19-21 ESV / 22 helpful votes
You shall not uncover the nakedness of your mother's sister or of your father's sister, for that is to make naked one's relative; they shall bear their iniquity. If a man lies with his uncle's wife, he has uncovered his uncle's nakedness; they shall bear their sin; they shall die childless. If a man takes his brother's wife, it is impurity. He has uncovered his brother's nakedness; they shall be childless.

Leviticus 18:11-14 ESV / 22 helpful votes
You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's wife's daughter, brought up in your father's family, since she is your sister. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's sister; she is your father's relative. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your mother's sister, for she is your mother's relative. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's brother, that is, you shall not approach his wife; she is your aunt.

Ephesians 5:1-33 ESV / 21 helpful votes
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. ...

1 Corinthians 6:15-17 ESV / 21 helpful votes
Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.” But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.

1 Corinthians 7:1-40 ESV / 20 helpful votes
Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. ...

Mark 10:1-52 ESV / 20 helpful votes
And he left there and went to the region of Judea and beyond the Jordan, and crowds gathered to him again. And again, as was his custom, he taught them. And Pharisees came up and in order to test him asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?” He answered them, “What did Moses command you?” They said, “Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce and to send her away.” And Jesus said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. ...

Matthew 5:1-48 ESV / 20 helpful votes
Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. ...

Ezekiel 16:26-29 ESV / 20 helpful votes
You also played the harlot with the Egyptians, your lustful neighbors, multiplying your whoring, to provoke me to anger. Behold, therefore, I stretched out my hand against you and diminished your allotted portion and delivered you to the greed of your enemies, the daughters of the Philistines, who were ashamed of your lewd behavior. You played the harlot also with the Assyrians, because you were not satisfied; yes, you played the harlot with them, and still you were not satisfied. You multiplied your whoring also with the trading land of Chaldea, and even with this you were not satisfied.

Isaiah 23:17 ESV / 20 helpful votes
At the end of seventy years, the Lord will visit Tyre, and she will return to her wages and will prostitute herself with all the kingdoms of the world on the face of the earth.

Proverbs 5:1-23 ESV / 20 helpful votes
My son, be attentive to my wisdom; incline your ear to my understanding, that you may keep discretion, and your lips may guard knowledge. For the lips of a forbidden woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil, but in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps follow the path to Sheol; ...

Deuteronomy 27:20-23 ESV / 20 helpful votes
“‘Cursed be anyone who lies with his father's wife, because he has uncovered his father's nakedness.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’ “‘Cursed be anyone who lies with any kind of animal.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’ “‘Cursed be anyone who lies with his sister, whether the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’ “‘Cursed be anyone who lies with his mother-in-law.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’

Ezekiel 16:26 ESV / 19 helpful votes
You also played the harlot with the Egyptians, your lustful neighbors, multiplying your whoring, to provoke me to anger.

Proverbs 16:1-33 ESV / 19 helpful votes
The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit. Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established. The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble. Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished. ...

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 ESV / 18 helpful votes
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;

1 Corinthians 7:8-9 ESV / 18 helpful votes
To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Matthew 5:31-32 ESV / 18 helpful votes
“It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Jude 1:1-25 ESV / 17 helpful votes
Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James, To those who are called, beloved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ: May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you. Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ. Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. ...

Ephesians 5:3-5 ESV / 17 helpful votes
But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

1 Corinthians 7:1-2 ESV / 17 helpful votes
Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Acts 21:25 ESV / 17 helpful votes
But as for the Gentiles who have believed, we have sent a letter with our judgment that they should abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality.”

Acts 15:29 ESV / 17 helpful votes
That you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.”

Mark 7:21 ESV / 17 helpful votes
For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery,

Leviticus 18:20 ESV / 17 helpful votes
And you shall not lie sexually with your neighbor's wife and so make yourself unclean with her.

Revelation 19:2 ESV / 16 helpful votes
For his judgments are true and just; for he has judged the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality, and has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”

Revelation 17:4 ESV / 16 helpful votes
The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and jewels and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality.

Galatians 5:1-26 ESV / 16 helpful votes

For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. ..

Upvote 0

TommySoda

Apr 14, 2018
NY
✟37,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...I don't know about that. I thought it was great advice; at least it was in my case at that age. But, that's been decades ago now. :dontcare: And I'd firmly suggest that Christian men and women get married who are sexually attracted to each and who have fallen in love.

However, I did tell my son just a few years ago that I thought it was my responsibility that if, even at age 18 or 19, he were to meet a young lady, and he and she just seemed to get to a place in their relationship where they definitely felt they loved each other (but were still too financially unset to make it work on their own) that it would be my responsibility to help them as much as I could so they would be able to be together NOW, as well as be able to get by with a roof over their heads until they could both get themselves financially settled. That's what Christian parents are supposed to be willing to do ... but many don't.
You sound like a good parent and overall nice person. I personally find it terrible advice, because let’s say your son turned 18 and said “hey dad I met this girl I really like and we’ve been dating for a short amount of time but I find her extremely attractive” would you tell him to rush into a marriage? And I don’t mean to turn this into a red hearing just setting an example. I personally think you at least should be dating someone for a year or two before you make a commitment like that so you can feel them out. I think rushing into marriage for sex is horrible advice because after the sex you’re practically married to a stranger who you probably didn’t even really like that well and now you’re stuck with them.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeterDona

Supporter
Jan 13, 2010
Denmark
✟348,585.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Being now 48 years old and never gotten married, but had a lot of premarital sex, even out of "christian" dating, I have come to the conclusion that the whole "dating" system is sick and must be replaced with arranged marriage. I never managed to get a family, but really I am not off the wall. It is just that the culture today is so useless.
Even a lot of christian women will not marry but they will have sex. I have come to the conclusion that I will make no more effort to get married, because it will only run me into sin.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You sound like a good parent and overall nice person. I personally find it terrible advice, because let’s say your son turned 18 and said “hey dad I met this girl I really like and we’ve been dating for a short amount of time but I find her extremely attractive” would you tell him to rush into a marriage? And I don’t mean to turn this into a red hearing just setting an example. I personally think you at least should be dating someone for a year or two before you make a commitment like that so you can feel them out. I think rushing into marriage for sex is horrible advice because after the sex you’re practically married to a stranger who you probably didn’t even really like that well and now you’re stuck with them.
You should not, especially men, have sex with a woman till you have made that commitment in your heart, sealing it with marriage as soon as you can, but the woman should be free to leave that man, even for another, if she feels that man is not making nor is staying loyal to, nor is even having, that kind of commitment in his heart...

And, only if, for the woman, if she feels or knows this in her heart, otherwise she is obligated to stay...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You should not, especially men, have sex with a woman till you have made that commitment in your heart, sealing it with marriage as soon as you can, but the woman should be free to leave that man, even for another, if she feels that man is not making nor is staying loyal to, nor is even having, that kind of commitment in his heart...

And, only if, for the woman, if she feels or knows this in her heart, otherwise she is obligated to stay...

God Bless!
And the man, if he chooses to have sex with her is supposed to have this kind of commitment toward her, or he is not supposed to have sex with her...

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The bible is very very clear it says simply do not do it !
Gods word is not defined or altered by laws that mankind makes , mankind makes laws to suit their own desires inspite of what God says- you are describing the very type of argument that satan made to Eve in the Garden -trying to get Eve to believe what God commanded was a lie- Being immoral means " not conforming to accepted standards of morality"
.That means it goes against what God has decreed , declared and has said !
homosexual marriages are an abomination in the eyes of Almighty God that created mankind
I read stories about people marrying their dogs... then there is homosexual marriages... it is "legally" with in marriage so if they have sex with then it isn't sexual immoral anymore?

The Bible is vague about premarital sex, most people wrap up premarital sex in the same blanket when they see the word sexual immorality, fornication, adultery, etc. im not saying it's all ok, but i'm a bit more understanding towards other peoples views on it regardless of the church.

Upvote 0