Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Care to elaborate? Because it seems to me that science uses the human nature as a tool to fight religion.

But it doesn't. Science is being used to fight the preconceived notions of those who follow a fundamentalist reading of their religious texts by certain groups of people who want to see fundamentalist beliefs torn down, but science by itself is doing nothing except helping humans expand our knowledge on what the world is about.
And also, you have to show an example of science being used to worship human nature. Do you have one?

Upvote 0

just a believing guy

Apr 4, 2017
new caledonia
✟9,857.00
Country
New Caledonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But it doesn't. Science is being used to fight the preconceived notions of those who follow a fundamentalist reading of their religious texts by certain groups of people who want to see fundamentalist beliefs torn down, but science by itself is doing nothing except helping humans expand our knowledge on what the world is about.
And also, you have to show an example of science being used to worship human nature. Do you have one?

Come on, you cannot possibly know what the world is about...

An example? Here it is: you say you are helping humans to understand the world... isn't this attempt the very proof that science worships human nature?

Upvote 0

just a believing guy

Apr 4, 2017
new caledonia
✟9,857.00
Country
New Caledonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No I don't. But we're learning.
And do you have an example of science worshiping human nature?

An example? Here it is: you say you are helping humans to understand the world... isn't this attempt the very proof that science worships human nature?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Why do you think that humans wanting to expand their collective knowledge is proof that science worships human nature? How is learning worship?

Upvote 0

just a believing guy

Apr 4, 2017
new caledonia
✟9,857.00
Country
New Caledonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you think that humans wanting to expand their collective knowledge is proof that science worships human nature? How is learning worship?

Warshiping, cellebrating -- it's all the same.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Warshiping, cellebrating -- it's all the same.

But it's not worshiping. Again: how is helping humans to learn more about the world 'worship'?
What definition of worship are you using?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
No its not..that...gee that doesnt make sense at all. I celebrate lots of things but I dont worship them.

According to his logic, if you celebrate your birthday, you must be worshiping yourself.

Upvote 0

just a believing guy

Apr 4, 2017
new caledonia
✟9,857.00
Country
New Caledonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No its not..that...gee that doesnt make sense at all. I celebrate lots of things but I dont worship them.

Tha Roman Catholics call the Mass Cellebration... so you see, there is a connection...

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Tha Roman Catholics call the Mass Cellebration... so you see, there is a connection...

Nope. The only connection is one that you are drawing by yourself with no evidence for support.

Upvote 0

just a believing guy

Apr 4, 2017
new caledonia
✟9,857.00
Country
New Caledonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to his logic, if you celebrate your birthday, you must be worshiping yourself.

I agree that the semantics aren't that clear, but there are many examples where worship and cellebration are synonimous...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I agree that the semantics aren't that clear, but there are many examples where worship and cellebration are synonimous...

No there isn't. You can WORSHIP during a CELEBRATION but they are not SYNONYMOUS. If you actually use a Thesaurus, you will see that they are not synonyms.

Upvote 0

just a believing guy

Apr 4, 2017
new caledonia
✟9,857.00
Country
New Caledonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No there isn't. You can WORSHIP during a CELEBRATION but they are not SYNONYMOUS. If you actually use a Thesaurus, you will see that they are not synonyms.

Are you saying that celebration isn't worshiping?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Are you saying that celebration isn't worshiping?

So, and I've said this before, by your logic, if I celebrate my birthday, I worship myself. That's what your logic amounts to.
And you're going off-topic from your own OP.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.