Is science finally unraveling the spiritual power we have to shape reality?

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: timewerx

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately the source list only contains one scientific source so it's hard to tell if it's real. There are some ways in which our emotions or environment can change our genetic expressions though. In Epigenetics your emotional states and environment can actually change which of your existing genetics are emphasized as well as how strongly.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Came across an interesting discovery and wondered what the implications of this scientific breakthrough might not reveal about life/(spirituality,) down here shaping the physical reality we have place in.

What you think?

New Research Shocks Scientists: Human Emotion Physically Shapes Reality!

I think it is great science has caught up, and i encourage people to consider the entirety of the implications of this.

Many of us have known this for some time. And, by some time I mean thousands of years. Science isn't the "authority" on spirituality, and it takes far too long to "verify" what one may already know - but doubts because s/he wants the credibility from science to think for hisself or herself.

Christ said if you believe, you can move mountains.
Plenty of philosophers have made the connection between concentrated human will, and manifestation. (Active magick is, in part related to using "feelings" to make things manifest.) This has been in libraries (that have survived,) and historical albeit controversial texts for a while.

Everyone has a very weak electromagnetic field that can be perturbed by emotions. You blood is iron, curculating the body. 90% of cell volume is a plasma solution (ion gradients.) Hormones are molecularly neutral, but not in terms of potential. Molecular geometry (whether a peptide, amino acid or steroid) along with the distribution of the most electronegative atoms in space can induce (subtle) charges. Those perturbations affect the entire homeostatic system - creating a response that ultimately drives to equilibrium. It will return back to equilibrium, but you can "stretch" the hormonal response of your body and do exploits simply based on belief - or rather, what your brain tells your body to do supplemented by biochemistry.

How many centuries have we been told, "we can do anything we put our mind to?" Are we just now starting to believe it because "science" figured it out?

You should look at the videos of how certain words, phrases (with the intent) manipulate ionic dust (like table salt.) Then, recall your body is not just water, but essentially a solution of salts (from biochemical buffering.) Frequencies we expel, and frequencies we absorb matter - and it begins with intent (the heart.)

Think about how you feel when you see someone you love. That "warm, fuzzy" can be scientifically understood today, but people understood what that was without the nomenclature of modern science. Similarly, the feelings you get when you hate someone are related to the fluctuation of hormones excreted per volume, and how those specific hormones interact with our body chemistry to manifest something.

Like, a mother whose child is under a car, and she lifts the 1500 kg car three feet off of the ground to save her child. She isn't a superhuman; she just told her brain to believe she can lift the car because she HAS TO to save her child - no doubts, no flutter. Her brain tells the endocrine system to pump out hormones to get the job done.

Why can't she lift a 1500kg car one meter up on a regular day? Because she believes she can't (because, her "faith" isn't enough, or insert other similar thing here.) Imagine if we actually put forth the real biochemistry that comes with truly believing you can do something....

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Came across an interesting discovery and wondered what the implications of this scientific breakthrough might not reveal about life/(spirituality,) down here shaping the physical reality we have place in.

What you think?

New Research Shocks Scientists: Human Emotion Physically Shapes Reality!
I think you need to check the sources.

There is no doubt that mood disorders can affect health and that epigenetics can affect genetic expression but that's all they say.

The rest was just woo. Emotions from one person have not been shown to 'affect DNA' in another room.

They don't even say how it's affected.

Nothing more than click bait (not the OP, the site linked).

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I think you need to check the sources.
Like, a mother whose child is under a car, and she lifts the 1500 kg car three feet off of the ground to save her child. She isn't a superhuman; she just told her brain to believe she can lift the car because she HAS TO to save her child - no doubts, no flutter. Her brain tells the endocrine system to pump out hormones to get the job done.
Urban myth.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Urban myth.

No, the idea that it is an urban myth is an urban myth.

You are more powerful than you give yourself credit. It is just a shame so many people don't believe in much of anything except sensations - which can lie to us just as well as the average sociopath. But, to each their own.

I have seen it, and it really isn't that impossible. I have seen much more fantastical things - with witnesses - happen other than a woman lifting a 1500kg car at one end 1 meter high - especially when most of the mass is (usually) in the front anyway - it is really nothing.

These little details allow you to take steps into seeing just how and why the seemingly impossible is actually not only possible, but probable.

But, as the OP alludes, it is mainly a psychological issue. When you think all you are is a nth generation of statistically stable atoms coming from a seeding soup, then I suppose it would be hard to expand beyond sensation. You are bounded. And, everything will be fantastical until your chosen authority tells you you can believe it to be true.

And, I am in no way saying it is an atheist or agnostic thing. Plenty of Christians do not believe in the power that our God has said several times He gave us. It is a human psychological condition of learned behavior.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
The ScienceAlert link refers to changes in gene expression due to depressive stress - interesting but not revolutionary - DNA methylation isn't news. What would seem to be the source article was published in 2003 by an in-house (not peer-reviewed) journal of the HeartMath Institute (part of the HeartMath company), supposedly researching into, "stress, heart intelligence and global coherence". They appear to be focused on supporting the sales of product into the medical, educational, and military sectors.

You can get an idea of the nature of this organization and their work from this blog article from a healthcare professional who has encountered them and done a little research on them (he also mentions the paper in question): HeartMath Considered Incoherent.

I think it is pseudoscience. There has been no interest from the relevant mainstream sciences in 14 years. If their results were authentic and replicable, they'd have been submitted to peer review and published in a reputable journal; it would be on all the media front pages, physicists and neurophysiologists would be climbing over themselves to be first to publish follow-ups; the scientific world would be in uproar... Why? because it would mean that quantum field theory was not just incomplete (as it probably is), but completely wrong (as it appears not to be). It seems far more likely that their study is flawed, or deliberately misleading.

If this study is replicated, peer reviewed, and published in a reputable journal, it will be worth taking closer interest.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
...Like, a mother whose child is under a car, and she lifts the 1500 kg car three feet off of the ground to save her child. She isn't a superhuman; she just told her brain to believe she can lift the car because she HAS TO to save her child - no doubts, no flutter. Her brain tells the endocrine system to pump out hormones to get the job done...
There is indeed something called 'hysterical strength', where a flush of stress hormones and hyperstimulation allows an individual to recruit far more muscle fibres simultaneously than would be possible consciously, and there are quite a few stories about people lifting cars off other people; but there's a physical limit to what muscle and sinew can support.

I suspect what happens is not that the entire weight of the car is lifted, but that one side or one end of the car is lifted to near the limit of the suspension travel, making enough space to free someone or get supports in. Something extraordinary, but not record-breaking (as has often been claimed). It would be interesting to see if there are pictures of any of these incidents...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Science has not revealed that magic exists.

-CryptoLutheran

Luckily, and typically, God's Word is way ahead of science.

Psalm 104:30
When you send your Spirit,
they are created,
and you renew the face of the ground.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
There is indeed something called 'hysterical strength', where a flush of stress hormones and hyperstimulation allows an individual to recruit far more muscle fibres simultaneously than would be possible consciously, and there are quite a few stories about people lifting cars off other people; but there's a physical limit to what muscle and sinew can support.

I suspect what happens is not that the entire weight of the car is lifted, but that one side or one end of the car is lifted to near the limit of the suspension travel, making enough space to free someone or get supports in. Something extraordinary, but not record-breaking (as has often been claimed). It would be interesting to see if there are pictures of any of these incidents...

Yep, that is what I said. Incredible, but not the most fantastic thing I have ever seen, especially when you consider the probability the physics of the lift usually works in favor of the person lifting (i.e. lifting as far as possible from the center of mass, which is usually the bumber.)

I posted a couple of links of examples, but they really only "credential" the story without media. One is of two women lifting a 1400kg car, with some help, and the other is a 5'7" 180ish pound man lifting a car up to save someone. The brain is capable of that with social restriction, pressure, and fear of ridicule limiting what the person believes s/he can do in the subconscious - because the brain reasoned within these people that the people they saved were more important for whatever reason. And, then the brain told the body to do whatever was necessary to get the job done.

Without fear, doubt or restrictions, human capabilities are limited only by their belief in their abilities. It really isn't as ridiculous as it may sound.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Luckily, and typically, God's Word is way ahead of science.

Psalm 104:30
When you send your Spirit,
they are created,
and you renew the face of the ground.

Scripture doesn't support the practice of magic either.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture doesn't support the practice of magic either.

-CryptoLutheran

True! but you called Creating reality through Spirit magic brother, I didn't, nor does the Word of God.

Gen 1:1-2
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
True! but you called Creating reality through Spirit magic brother, I didn't, nor does the Word of God.

Gen 1:1-2
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

I believe if we remained perfect, we would have learned more "wonders" than "magic" in a fraction of the time. And, instead of lacking, we would master it before moving on to something else. Perfection is, at base, perfect. So, there is really nowhere to go but up, or at the very least remain perfect.

Instead we chose another way... to forego perfection and choose carnality. So, what we call "magic" may actually be natural, but because it comes from *at best* corruption, we are told to stay away from all of it. God doesn't say it doesn't exist, and if we were perfect it wouldn't be called "[witch]craft," it would just be called nature.

But, first we have to get perfection. Then, we have to be taught the right way. (We... the human race.)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe if we remained perfect, we would have learned more "wonders" than "magic" in a fraction of the time. And, instead of lacking, we would master it before moving on to something else. Perfection is, at base, perfect. So, there is really nowhere to go but up, or at the very least remain perfect.

Instead we chose another way... to forego perfection and choose carnality. So, what we call "magic" may actually be natural, but because it comes from *at best* corruption, we are told to stay away from all of it. God doesn't say it doesn't exist, and if we were perfect it wouldn't be called "[witch]craft," it would just be called nature.

But, first we have to get perfection. Then, we have to be taught the right way. (We... the human race.)

As Scripture explains to us who love Him in detail.

2 Corinthians 6:16 - 2 Corinthians 7:1

What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be my people.”

Therefore,

“Come out from them
and be separate,
says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you.”

And,

“I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty.”

Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

The notion that you or I have have power to shape and/or bend reality through our will is pretty much the textbook definition of magic.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The notion that you or I have have power to shape and/or bend reality through our will is pretty much the textbook definition of magic.

-CryptoLutheran

Oh really?

So you are saying our Lord is the biggest liar out there?

Matthew 17:20

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Upvote 0