starchild

Even the least of these my brethren.
Oct 19, 2004
✟18,246.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Democrat
If Rove gets tagged, it will be interesting to see who he takes with him, because I gau-ron-tee that guy knows every secret of every person in the administration that is worth knowing.

Unless of course, someone even more scary comes out of the woodwork.

James Baker comes to mind.

Upvote 0

neverforsaken

Proud American now and always
Jan 18, 2005
Hawaii
✟3,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
gaijin178 said:
I'm running for something then...I don't know what...but just wait...no scandal...vote for gaijin178 in 2006 for congress!

haha you cant be in congress. you have too much common sense and havent sold your soul to a special interest group :D

Upvote 0

arnegrim

...still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bwana said:
he said Wilson's wife is fair game, that is not speaking her name... so you are right....

No... I don't believe he said she was fair game...

"In the conversation, Karl is warning Cooper not to get too far out in front of the story," Luskin said. "There were false allegations out there that Vice President Cheney sent Wilson to Niger and that Wilson had reported back to Cheney about his trip to Niger. Neither was true."
"A fair-minded reading of Cooper's e-mail is that Rove was trying to discourage Time magazine from circulating false allegations about Cheney, not trying to encourage them by saying anything about Wilson or his wife."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8545657/page/2/

Upvote 0

gaijin178

Seeker
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,449.00
Faith
Buddhist
neverforsaken said:
haha you cant be in congress. you have too much common sense and havent sold your soul to a special interest group :D

Damn, I have spent some time on my local hill...yes....the governator's office and the hill in Washington....I thought I gained some street cred by walking in the snow in DC....off to find a special interest group!.....vote for me! just kidding

Upvote 0

Smoke Screen

America Can Do Better!
Jul 10, 2005
Near Seattle
✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
arnegrim said:
No... I don't believe he said she was fair game...

Here's a paragrapgh from the July 11, 2005 issue of MSNBC Newsweek National News titled "The Rove Factor." Sorry I couldn't post the link.

"In early October 2003, NEWSWEEK reported that immediately after Novak's column appeared in July, Rove called MSNBC "Hardball" host Chris Matthews and told him that Wilson's wife was "fair game." But White House spokesman Scott McClellan told reporters at the time that any suggestion that Rove had played a role in outing Plame was "totally ridiculous." On Oct. 10, McClellan was asked directly if Rove and two other White House aides had ever discussed Valerie Plame with any reporters. McClellan said he had spoken with all three, and "those individuals assured me they were not involved in this.""

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Smoke Screen said:
Here's a paragrapgh from the July 11, 2005 issue of MSNBC Newsweek National News titled "The Rove Factor." Sorry I couldn't post the link.

"In early October 2003, NEWSWEEK reported that immediately after Novak's column appeared in July, Rove called MSNBC "Hardball" host Chris Matthews and told him that Wilson's wife was "fair game." But White House spokesman Scott McClellan told reporters at the time that any suggestion that Rove had played a role in outing Plame was "totally ridiculous." On Oct. 10, McClellan was asked directly if Rove and two other White House aides had ever discussed Valerie Plame with any reporters. McClellan said he had spoken with all three, and "those individuals assured me they were not involved in this.""
Somebody is definitely lying.

Upvote 0

Cliche Guevara

Oct 17, 2004
✟1,362.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

arnegrim

...still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Smoke Screen said:

I would have to see the context of the conversation...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

theeyesoftammyfaye

no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor
Nov 18, 2003
Austin, TX
Visit site
✟18,673.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
whatareyouthinking.jpg

they always go after the good looking ones....

:D :sick:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smoke Screen

America Can Do Better!
Jul 10, 2005
Near Seattle
✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
KenH said:
I am starting to have a sneaking suspicion that the "outer" could very well have been a reporter. Maybe we'll know who the "outer" was one day, or maybe not.

I didn't know Karl Rove was a reporter!

Upvote 0

Fa'Head

May 22, 2005
✟372.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Others
KenH said:
I am starting to have a sneaking suspicion that the "outer" could very well have been a reporter. Maybe we'll know who the "outer" was one day, or maybe not.

Explain a little more please, I'm starting to get a little sleepy at this point. Wouldn't the "outer" be whoever told the reporter? Most reporters, if any, don't have the kind of security clearance to know info like that, right?

Upvote 0