USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Looking backward when I was younger (yeah, when I was still a teenager), I liked a lot of girls but currently, I feel they didn't have anything to apport to the relationship except beauty and charm. Have you ever thought that you could be romanticizing someone in a "Disney style" but that they could be terrible partners and even destroy your goal in life?

• Agree
Reactions: VMaeLove

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟838,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't matter how beautiful and charming a potential partner is, once the initial warm fuzzies wear off it becomes work. More than once, I have changed "life goals" over relationships. I won't say changing a life goal is not worth it, depends on the situation, but I would be very careful. If you have a life goal that means a lot to you (my humble suggestion is) you should pursue that goal and avoid any relationship that might interfere. Once you get off course, it is sometimes impossible to get back on track. And more, you may begin to resent that other person because you didn't pursue your goal. If you have a life goal, and it means that much to you, there will be someone out there who will go down that road with you. Be patient...and very wise.

But, yes, I think I know what you're getting at and I have done it.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Drat, and here I thought this thread was going to be yet another rant against Lord Byron and his ilk. :)

(But yes, it's not typically wise to be in the habit of judging books by their covers, so to speak.)

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Drat, and here I thought this thread was going to be yet another rant against Lord Byron and his ilk. :)

(But yes, it's not typically wise to be in the habit of judging books by their covers, so to speak.)
Haven't heard of him, but like Batman says...
I'll be the judge of that.
giphy.gif

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,620.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Looking backward when I was younger (yeah, when I was still a teenager), I liked a lot of girls but currently, I feel they didn't have anything to apport to the relationship except beauty and charm. Have you ever thought that you could be romanticizing someone in a "Disney style" but that they could be terrible partners and even destroy your goal in life?

Avoid conceited and covetous ones and you're set.

Those are the only types that are trouble. They envy their "more successful" friends and covet their success. Very often they are overcome by worldliness and complain a lot.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One of the torments of reality is the gulf between realism and idealism. I don't think romance is always a bad thing but it has to be actualized by both parties. There is always something missing in one sided love. Even God's love alone is not enough for the Kingdom of Heaven to be since he wants us to be in the Kingdom.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums