Is Rock Music Leading America Into Lucifer's Kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
You refusing music the fact music doesn't affect people's thoughts/actions is just as rejecting that demons/satan doesn't affect people's thoughts/actions. Which is the same as saying Satan doesn't affect people's thoughts/actions... which is the same as saying alcohol/cocaine/marijuana doesn't affect people's thoughts/actions/judgment nor should the demons/drugs/Satan be responsible for people's thoughts/actions.

WAKE UP SON! Satanic/demonic influences are NEARLY everywhere! Be careful please, do not ignore Satan's abilities!

Music helps me to relax. That's about the extent of it's effect on me (not talking about appreciating the art and the beauty in it).

Maybe I'm the only one, I dunno, but I'd say that on the list of things that affect my thoughts and actions, music is really low on the list. inappropriate content is pretty high. :p

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I love My Chemical Romance. The Black Parade was a fabulous album. I usually don't like that genre of music, but I heart them.

Me neither. But I really like them and Panic at the Disco. I don't usually like that brand of music, but those two groups actually have talent. And MCR's energy level is impressive. I had that album but made the mistake of letting a girl borrow my cd.

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Music helps me to relax. That's about the extent of it's effect on me (not talking about appreciating the art and the beauty in it).

Maybe I'm the only one, I dunno, but I'd say that on the list of things that affect my thoughts and actions, music is really low on the list. inappropriate content is pretty high. :p
LoL that's funny. To add to that. I listen to different music at my mood goes. Sometimes I want non vocal classic stuff. Something to drift into the background and just cast a nice little ambiance on a day off. Sometimes it's been a bad day and I just want hear someone else sing about being angry and betrayed and so on. Music should have no boundaries.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
btw, Lucifer I know you're reading this and I'm letting you know that I'm laughing in your face FYI!

:doh:

Well - I'm glad if this somehow makes you feel that you are fighting the devil... somehow.. by posting lyrics all over. I think you can find what you're looking for anywhere you want to find .... so if you are spending all your time looking for Satan... Satan will be everywhere you look. (now... if you think satan is behind country music I might have to agree with you on that....)

Upvote 0

xcrunner71

Jesus is the Christ
Jun 3, 2007
✟8,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You guys are ignorant, my final statement is that demons will openly attack you where you enjoy things most. You will be so "caught up in the moment" you won't even realize what realms of evil are entering your precious minds.

Every demon and satan himself will be laughing at you during your punishment from God, they will laugh at you because they will have known how easy it was to tap into your mind and make you "believe" anything they want.

As for those of you who say "respect my beliefs" "let me believe what I want"... the only meaning for believing is following the truth, anything outside of the truth sadly is NOT believing.

Upvote 0

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
You guys are ignorant, my final statement is that demons will openly attack you where you enjoy things most. You will be so "caught up in the moment" you won't even realize what realms of evil are entering your precious minds.

Sounds like a party to me. ;)

Upvote 0

xcrunner71

Jesus is the Christ
Jun 3, 2007
✟8,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:doh:

Well - I'm glad if this somehow makes you feel that you are fighting the devil... somehow.. by posting lyrics all over. I think you can find what you're looking for anywhere you want to find .... so if you are spending all your time looking for Satan... Satan will be everywhere you look.

Satan has been tearing my mind apart for as long as I remember, it's taken me about 17 months to slowly but surely build my faith, realize him, know his methodology, know his tactics, know his weaknesses, all with the help of my Father.

I've basically been taking all the crap satan's been throwing at me, giving into his deceit, losing hope... WELL NOT ANYMORE! I know satan all too well, his attacks have no affect on my shield of faith, my armor of God. God has revealed all that I need to know to overcome him, and I'm putting my foot down.

As for posting lyrics, I was simply showing people what's going down in the spiritual world. Sure it's been going on since the beginning of age, but this is the end of age, and satan is lashing out irrationally now, he knows he's cooked his goose, he's frantically doing all that he can, and his mistakes are showing up everywhere. I thank God I am no longer blind and that I now truthfully walk by complete faith.

It's not just my posting lyrics about Satan that's fighting him, I've dedicated my life to fight him and his army, and I'm not going to fail. I'm out of here, I hope you understand my logic (most of you will NOT), may the power and grace of God protect and watch over all of you during these times.

With Love,
XC

Upvote 0

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Satan has been tearing my mind apart for as long as I remember, it's taken me about 17 months to slowly but surely build my faith, realize him, know his methodology, know his tactics, know his weaknesses, all with the help of my Father.

I've basically been taking all the crap satan's been throwing at me, giving into his deceit, losing hope... WELL NOT ANYMORE! I know satan all too well, his attacks have no affect on my shield of faith, my armor of God. God has revealed all that I need to know to overcome him, and I'm putting my foot down.

As for posting lyrics, I was simply showing people what's going down in the spiritual world. Sure it's been going on since the beginning of age, but this is the end of age, and satan is lashing out irrationally now, he knows he's cooked his goose, he's frantically doing all that he can, and his mistakes are showing up everywhere. I thank God I am no longer blind and that I now truthfully walk by complete faith.

It's not just my posting lyrics about Satan that's fighting him, I've dedicated my life to fight him and his army, and I'm not going to fail. I'm out of here, I hope you understand my logic (most of you will NOT), may the power and grace of God protect and watch over all of you during these times.

With Love,
XC

Can someone get me a barf bag? Be MORE dramatic next time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's cool.

As for the topic. No I don't believe so. I don't like to use music as an excuse for why sometimes people do bad things. That not only scapegoats, but also ignores the real problems. Resulting in those issues never being resolved. And music should have not subject boundaries. It should be wide open to all metaphors and subjects. If we don't like something...well it's simple. Don't listen to it.

Gotta agree with you.

Personally I think if one spends all their time looking for lyrics that appear to be "satanic" they're going to find what they're looking for.

When it comes to people who have blamed music (or movies, or games, or books) for causing people to act out in violent ways I'm inclined to think people surround themselves with things that reflect their own interests, state of mind etc... some people are overly obsessed with dark and violent music, games, videos etc... for the most part I consider the adolescent fascination with the stuff to be a form of self protection. A little wall against the world... and I don't think most of them will ever do anything more damaging than sneer and look down their noses at anyone they think conforms too much.

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Personally I think if one spends all their time looking for lyrics that appear to be "satanic" they're going to find what they're looking for.

I think this also extends beyond music.

A hurricane hits a city like say...New Orleans. Someone says it was God's punishment.

If someone recovers from cancer, God helped them. If they person dies of cancer, "it was his time to go."

People do that sort of ad hoc stuff all the time.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Y'know, even assuming rock music does have such a dangerous effect on people (and I don't for one minute believe that it does) - why on earth is the OP only concerned for the wellbeing of America? Isn't that rather selfish? I mean, there are people in so many countries in the world who listen to rock music - shouldn't we be concerned for their wellbeing as well? Or is it only America that matters?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

Tenka

What do people think, should I grow a beard?
2744132594_46928f7b9a.jpg
>>>
2744132730_cccb78c4ce.jpg

XCrunner, your problem is that you listen to utter trash bands, let go of your cherished fear for a moment and experience some real music, because there is some great stuff out there.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.