Is Rock Music Leading America Into Lucifer's Kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Being a witch, I'm quite familiar with the spiritual world. The songs themselves aren't tapping into it. You could use the songs as a prop to tap into it (though there's really no need), if you know what you're doing, but the song alone isn't doing a thing. Sorry.

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
lol whatever, I know what's right in the world, God doesn't lie, lucifer does.^_^

You also are on the dark spectrum of the spiritual world if you really believe in witchcraft... sorry, there is NO truth in you or any of your statements, your Father is nothing but a liar, which is all he's been feeding you.

21st century. It's not the 12th. Lets not bust out with some Malleus Maleficarum and go Torquemada on somebody. Besides of which, God last I checked is omnipotent, and thus has nothing to fear from either his creation the Devil or from a witch. So that'd make bashing one an exercise in useless bravado.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
lol whatever, I know what's right in the world, God doesn't lie, lucifer does.^_^

You also are on the dark spectrum of the spiritual world if you really believe in witchcraft... sorry, there is NO truth in you or any of your statements, your Father is nothing but a liar, which is all he's been feeding you.

For one who claims to have the Love of Jesus, and follow his command of loving your neighbor as yourself, i'm not seeing it. Your fruit is rather bitter.

I see little difference between the witch who casts a spell over a field, and the coach who prays that the team win the game (thus, "casting a spell over the other team, or giving his team supernatural ability or intervention")

The religions, if one really examines them, are not the difference that you with to believe, but I suspect that you have never even read anything on the subject, which would be akin to someone hearing about eating the body and blood of Christ, and claiming it to be a religion of canibalism.

Upvote 0

xcrunner71

Jesus is the Christ
Jun 3, 2007
✟8,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For one who claims to have the Love of Jesus, and follow his command of loving your neighbor as yourself, i'm not seeing it. Your fruit is rather bitter.

I see little difference between the witch who casts a spell over a field, and the coach who prays that the team win the game (thus, "casting a spell over the other team, or giving his team supernatural ability or intervention")

The religions, if one really examines them, are not the difference that you with to believe, but I suspect that you have never even read anything on the subject, which would be akin to someone hearing about eating the body and blood of Christ, and claiming it to be a religion of canibalism.

(staff edit) My fruit is good fruit, I bear my Father's fruit. (staff edit)Jesus told the Pharisee's and Saducees the EXACT same things I am saying, He knew their Father was the devil and told them, and THEY WERE THE ONES FILLED WITH HATE AND REJECTION YET THERE WILL STILL "HIS NEIGHBOR". Because Jesus said "How far you are from the truth! You know neither the scriptures nor the power of God." He knew there was no truth in them just as I know there is no truth in you.

How dare you blaspheme against God's Son and claim he bears bad fruit!

You think you know what love is, but you have absolutely no idea what God's love truthfully is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

You have your truth, and I have mine. I certainly don't expect you to believe me, much as I don't believe you. And that's perfectly fine. The world would be so boring if everyone had the same beliefs.

However, Biblegod obviously does lie if he says that Satan exists, since he doesn't. But since biblegod doesn't exist either, it doesn't really matter. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I love how everybody is trying to rag on me... oh wait, it's only those who don't have Christ in their lives so far... lets see who else wants to get in on this.

You know, it's funny...

You're supposed to be able to recognize Christians by their character, atleast that's what I was taught growing up in a Christian household. But I would never guess that you were a Christian just by the way you're presenting yourself, if you hadn't talked about being one and other various Christian things.

I, however, still have a ton of people thinking that I'm a Christian. I correct them only if they ask about it, otherwise I just leave it alone. I wonder if it's because I try my best be kind and love my neighbor?

ETA: Sorry, Sidereal, I posted before I read your post.

Upvote 0

xcrunner71

Jesus is the Christ
Jun 3, 2007
✟8,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know, it's funny...

You're supposed to be able to recognize Christians by their character, atleast that's what I was taught growing up in a Christian household. But I would never guess that you were a Christian just by the way you're presenting yourself, if you hadn't talked about being one and other various Christian things.

I, however, still have a ton of people thinking that I'm a Christian. I correct them only if they ask about it, otherwise I just leave it alone. I wonder if it's because I try my best be kind and love my neighbor?

You can't recognize a true Christian because you refuse Christ. <staff edit>

BTW, if I have sinned with my beliefs or my comments then I am guilty for that, but if I have not sinned with my beliefs or comments, why accuse me for nothing? <staff edit> that's why. Enjoy your night!;)

We can take this thread back to music, which is where all my postings started from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ETA: Sorry, Sidereal, I posted before I read your post.

It's cool.

As for the topic. No I don't believe so. I don't like to use music as an excuse for why sometimes people do bad things. That not only scapegoats, but also ignores the real problems. Resulting in those issues never being resolved. And music should have not subject boundaries. It should be wide open to all metaphors and subjects. If we don't like something...well it's simple. Don't listen to it.

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Stay on topic please. And if one believes Jesus is who he is said to be. Then Jesus is capable of standing up for himself with an eloquence and sense of perspective and judgement far surpassing ourselves and presumptions of comparison. And perhaps even, teach us a lesson on humility.

Now that I think about it. Recently I've thought about how people can sometimes take the wrong idea from a song. I was listening to the Black Parade song by My Chemical Romance and I was thinking how a person of a certain religious bent could think the song is dark and bad and evil,etc.......

not realizing the song is about cancer.

Food for thought.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
You can't recognize a Christian because you refuse Christ. As for others believing you're a Christian when you're not... lol, prime example of a wolf in sheep's clothing (yeah you just walked into that one:thumbsup:).

BTW, if I have sinned with my beliefs or my comments then I am guilty for that, but if I have not sinned with my beliefs or comments, why accuse me for nothing? Oh yeah, your father is the accuser, that's why. Enjoy your night!;)

We can take this thread back to music, which is where all my postings started from.

They probably think that I'm a Christian because my parents are fairly prominent members in their church, and still drag me to church to protect their image. Heaven forbid the church know that they have a non-Christian child (even though I'm not the only one...just the only one still living at home). But if people want to think I'm a Christian, it certainly doesn't bother me any. If they ask me whether or not I am, I tell them the truth, but if they don't bring it up then I have no reason to bring it up either. Unlike some of you Christians who like to cry "persecution!", believing what I do while living in the town that I do does result in persecution, even from my own parents. I live with it every day. At one point I had to just grab some clothes and leave because it got so bad. So I'm certainly not going to shout my beliefs from the rooftops. I don't want the whole town knowing. The fewer people that know, the better.

And you have a lovely evening as well. :)

And I love music. Music is the bee's knees. :p

Upvote 0

xcrunner71

Jesus is the Christ
Jun 3, 2007
✟8,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's cool.

As for the topic. No I don't believe so. I don't like to use music as an excuse for why sometimes people do bad things. That not only scapegoats, but also ignores the real problems. Resulting in those issues never being resolved. And music should have not subject boundaries. It should be wide open to all metaphors and subjects. If we don't like something...well it's simple. Don't listen to it.

You refusing music the fact music doesn't affect people's thoughts/actions is just as rejecting that demons/satan doesn't affect people's thoughts/actions. Which is the same as saying Satan doesn't affect people's thoughts/actions... which is the same as saying alcohol/cocaine/marijuana doesn't affect people's thoughts/actions/judgment nor should the demons/drugs/Satan be responsible for people's thoughts/actions.

WAKE UP SON! Satanic/demonic influences are NEARLY everywhere! Be careful please, do not ignore Satan's abilities!

Upvote 0

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Stay on topic please. And if one believes Jesus is who he is said to be. Then Jesus is capable of standing up for himself with an eloquence and sense of perspective and judgement far surpassing ourselves and presumptions of comparison. And perhaps even, teach us a lesson on humility.

Now that I think about it. Recently I've thought about how people can sometimes take the wrong idea from a song. I was listening to the Black Parade song by My Chemical Romance and I was thinking how a person of a certain religious bent could think the song is dark and bad and evil,etc.......

not realizing the song is about cancer.

Food for thought.

I love My Chemical Romance. The Black Parade was a fabulous album. I usually don't like that genre of music, but I heart them.

Upvote 0

xcrunner71

Jesus is the Christ
Jun 3, 2007
✟8,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm praying for you all, Satan is a mindjob and he's at work in your very minds... please please please, i'm not trying to condemn you or anything, I'm trying to tell you the truth, Satan is beyond furious from my posts, and he's going to do all he can do to blind you from the truth. God be with you all.

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
/facepalm.

My father is sitting about ten feet from me watching tv so I don't know what this "son" stuff is. As for this influence stuff. One thing comes to mind. Adult responsibility. And if someone came up to me after they did something bad and said something like, "Listening to country music made me do it!." I might chuckle. Because hey, country music is evil stuff. But I'd probably still slap them in the face and say hey...take responsibility for yourself and actions!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.