Is repentance a "one time act" or is it, or should it be "a way of life" (here)...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You never sin? Unfortunately I don’t know a single Christian who makes that claim.
Not true or real Christian anyway... or honest and truthful one... And therefore not in the truth, and the truth is not in them, ect...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
All I am seeing is the scripture backing up how when we convert...this is the current condition of our sin situation which is null and void.

But none of your scriptures prove that NEW SINS are forgiven and forgotten.

And I have provided what Peter claimed where we can be a saved convert, in the condition of ALL of those scriptures you have provided, and by sinning we can LOSE IT ALL = lose our salvation!!

2 Peter 2:
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Show me scriptures claiming WE CAN SIN NEW SINS and they are automatically forgiven!!
And just what is "The Holy Commandment" "given to them"...?

And does it not supersede sin...?

Cause it is Love, is it not, "The Commandment", "The Great and number one Greatest Commandment" and Love covers (supersedes) a multitude of sins, ect...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
All I am seeing is the scripture backing up how when we convert...this is the current condition of our sin situation which is null and void.

And I have provided what Peter claimed where we can be a saved convert, in the condition of ALL of those scriptures you have provided, and by sinning we can LOSE IT ALL = lose our salvation!!

2 Peter 2:
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Show me scriptures claiming WE CAN SIN NEW SINS and they are automatically forgiven!!
Look, you sin and are sinning right now blind one...

God Bless!

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And both possibilities you have listed have nothing to do with the gift of Tongues. So obviously, those preaching that the functioning gift of the Holy Spirit called Tongues being ended (using this scripture reference), are just flat out speaking from their rectums :(

And to think of all of those churches not utilizing the full power of the Holy Spirit while assuming they are walking in victory. Just sad. When real spiritual warfare takes place, these people will be clueless how to go against the adversary and his minions. They have reduced the Holy Spirit's capabilities in their life to basically a puppet show. Just sad!!

People who truly seek to honor God will not be forsaken just because they misunderstood the scriptures brother.

Reactions: servantofiam
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Peter 2:

First you must agree that Jesus only died one time.
Jesus is not like a tea-bag that you keep using on more cups of tea?
I hope we can read that the cross is not for stirring our cup of sin each day.

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.(up to that point?)

Hebrews 9:22
Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.(up to that point?)

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.(up to that point?)

Acts 2:38
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, (up to that point?) and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.(up to that point?)

Leviticus 14:1-57
The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “This shall be the law of the leprous person for the day of his cleansing. He shall be brought to the priest, and the priest shall go out of the camp, and the priest shall look. Then, if the case of leprous disease is healed in the leprous person, the priest shall command them to take for him who is to be cleansed two live clean birds and cedarwood and scarlet yarn and hyssop. And the priest shall command them to kill one of the birds in an earthenware vessel over fresh water.
(healed up to that day?)

Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, (up to that point?) but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.(up to that point?)

Matthew 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,(up to that point?)

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.(up to that point?)

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?(up to that point?)

Acts 22:16
And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’(Do this each day?)

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.(Do this each day?)

Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.(Do this each day?)

1 John 2:27
But the anointing that you received from him (Do this each day?) abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.

1 Peter 3:21
Baptism, (Do this each day?) which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 13:20
Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, (fresh blood each day?)

Hebrews 10:9
Then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second.(Do this each day?)

Colossians 2:12
Having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.(Raised again each day?)

Ephesians 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood (fresh blood each day?) , the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

1 Corinthians 12:13
For in one Spirit we were all baptized (Do this each day?) into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,(Live just one more day?)

John 10:9
I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved (Saved just for the day?) and will go in and out and find pasture.
(Is this a sliding or revolving door?)

Matthew 5:48
You therefore must be perfect (up until that day) , as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.(up to that point?)

Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.(up to that point?)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.(up to that point?)

And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, (up to that point?) and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.(up to that point?)

The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “This shall be the law of the leprous person for the day of his cleansing. He shall be brought to the priest, and the priest shall go out of the camp, and the priest shall look. Then, if the case of leprous disease is healed in the leprous person, the priest shall command them to take for him who is to be cleansed two live clean birds and cedarwood and scarlet yarn and hyssop. And the priest shall command them to kill one of the birds in an earthenware vessel over fresh water.
(healed up to that day?)

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, (up to that point?) but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.(up to that point?)

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,(up to that point?)

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.(up to that point?)

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?(up to that point?)

And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’(Do this each day?)

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.(Do this each day?)

For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.(Do this each day?)

But the anointing that you received from him (Do this each day?) abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.

Baptism, (Do this each day?) which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, (fresh blood each day?)

Then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second.(Do this each day?)

Having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.(Raised again each day?)

In him we have redemption through his blood (fresh blood each day?) , the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

For in one Spirit we were all baptized (Do this each day?) into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,(Live just one more day?)

I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved (Saved just for the day?) and will go in and out and find pasture.

You therefore must be perfect (up until that day) , as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Ever notice how "now", and the "present" and daily, are really all that matters or is really (ever) present at least...? Most definitely not the past, but not the future either...?

Imagine if many more Christians could get into a daily recognizing and or daily "whatever" to or with these things...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But none of those scriptures claim if we sin after being saved those sins do not count or are automatically forgiven.

Scripture does says that all our sins are wiped white as snow, and that the sins of all believers are not counted against them. It also says that the "new man" has not his sin counted against him. But it would be counter productive to clearly state that the sins of believers will be forgiven no matter what. Even though that is correct. If you claim that God is with you forever, then that is what you are saying.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Romans 8:38-39
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Titus 3:5
He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

(healed up to that day?)

Do you understand the definition of the word “if”? 1 John 1:7 IF WE WALK not if we walked or at one time walked.

In reference to Hebrews 9:22 look at what the author says in the very next chapter.

“Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins. There is only the terrible expectation of God’s judgment and the raging fire that will consume his enemies. For anyone who refused to obey the law of Moses was put to death without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:26-29‬

This is dealing with unrepented sin. If we repent we will be forgiven but if we live in unrepentance we will surely burn in the lake of fire. We must abide in Christ enduring to the end to be saved.

1 John 1:9 again “IF we confess our sins they are forgiven” This doesn’t say if we sin after we confess we are forgiven. We can only be forgiven if we repent. We don’t have to confess every single sin but if we ask for forgiveness of our sins we will be forgiven of our past sins.

Yes if we repent we are forgiven unless we fall to sin again we must repent again. This doesn’t mean Christ must be sacrificed again it means His righteousness will not be imputed upon us if we don’t repent. As for the Holy Spirit no we will never lose the Holy Spirit we are forever sealed with the Holy Spirit but if we quench the Spirit we will not be saved unless we repent and abide. Just because someone has the guidance of the Holy Spirit doesn’t mean they are saved if they reject His guidance.

Unfortunately I’m at work right now and can’t address all of these passages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What I mean is someone who has no conviction of sin.
Oh, you mean like "you"...?

If we sin daily, or those who are honest about the fact that they sin daily (true Christian), die daily, repent daily are born again anew daily, apply His blood daily and are washed clean and cleared of and forgiven of all sin daily... If only more people (true Christians) committed to this daily process/thing daily huh @SkyWriting ...?

What kind of change do you think we would see...? I think we'd see a heck of a lot more humility for one, and Love for another, Mercy, Grace, Compassion, Forgiveness, Absolution, Acceptance, (Love) ect...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, you mean like "you"...?

If we sin daily, or those who are honest about the fact that they sin daily (true Christian), die daily, repent daily are born again anew daily, apply His blood daily and are washed clean and cleared of and forgiven of all sin daily... If only more people (true Christians) committed to this daily process/thing daily huh @SkyWriting ...?

What kind of change do you think we would see...? I think we'd see a heck of a lot more humility for one, and Love for another, Mercy, Grace, Compassion, Forgiveness, Absolution, Acceptance, (Love) ect...

God Bless!

Why do you feel the need to insult me by saying I don’t feel and conviction by the Holy Spirit about sin? How can you honestly say that about me when you don’t know anything about me? Is this an example of your “humility, love, and compassion”? You pass judgement on me and resort to insults. Did I say something to offend you? If I did I sincerely apologize and am completely unaware of it. My intention was not to offend or disrespect you my friend.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why do you feel the need to insult me by saying I don’t feel and conviction by the Holy Spirit about sin? How can you honestly say that about me when you don’t know anything about me? Is this an example of your “humility, love, and compassion”? You pass judgement on me and resort to insults. Did I say something to offend you? If I did I sincerely apologize and am completely unaware of it. My intention was not to offend or disrespect you my friend.
There is only one reason why it might sting like that brother, and you were accusing others of such, and I'm guessing the ones you'd judge sinners going to hell in your book, of such or not having that... Would you rejoice in that...? But/and beyond that though, I do apologize, sorry...

I don't know if you'll ever truly understand this, but, sometimes this hurts me sometimes just as much as it hurts you...

I am sorry...

Just "do not be so quick to deal out death and judgment", when none of have any real right to do that, and I won't attack you or insult you or and I will do my best to not even offend you if and when possible, kind of a thing, OK...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is only one reason why it might sting like that brother, and you were accusing others of such, and I'm guessing the ones you'd judge sinners going to hell in your book, of such or not having that... Would you rejoice in that...? But/and beyond that though, I do apologize, sorry...

I don't know if you'll ever truly understand this, but, sometimes this hurts me sometimes just as much as it hurts you...

I am sorry...

Just "do not be so quick to deal out death and judgment", when none of have any real right to do that, and I won't attack you or insult you or and I will do my best to not even offend you if and when possible, kind of a thing, OK...?

God Bless!

What are you talking about? When did I accuse anyone of anything? What post number please?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What are you talking about? When did I accuse anyone of anything? What post number please?
I connected that post #345, with what I had just read that you posted in post #350, but it was post #350 that really "got me" and made me respond the way I did...

Sorry, I'll admit I do not not for sure if you were just postulating or thinking, or making a direct concrete statement and in my mind judgement maybe, that got me, but I could be, or could have been in error, and if I am, or whether I am or not, I apologize, sorry...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You are saying if people do not repent they are not ever saved, right...?

And you don't seem to consider "any of the other questions" that come along with that, or what you could do with just that question alone, at all, do you...? And I just don't see how people can think that way or think it is all just so very cut and dry and black and white sometimes (Judgement)... I get...? Irritated... Frustrated...

And I have to "judge" sometimes to express it, and I hate it, no I love it, no I hate it, no I love that I hate it, no I hate that I love it, no I both love and hate and hate and love it, wait, hang on just a minute here....?

I Live with the possibility that I might come to hate it and one day very much regret it possibly, possibly, but I consider it a risk I have to take sometimes...

Anyway, so very sorry...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I connected that post #345, with what I had just read that you posted in post #350, but it was post #350 that really "got me" and made me respond the way I did...

Sorry, I'll admit I do not not for sure if you were just postulating or thinking, or making a direct concrete statement and in my mind judgement maybe, that got me, but I could be, or could have been in error, and if I am, or whether I am or not, I apologize, sorry...

God Bless!

My post in 345 was just speaking in general not directed to any person in particular. My first statement in 350 could’ve been worded better. It was a bit sarcastic so I did stumble a bit there by asking if he knew the definition of the word if.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are saying if people do not repent they are not ever saved, right...?

And you don't seem to consider "any of the other questions" that come along with that, or what you could do with just that question alone, at all, do you...? And I just don't see how people can think that way or think it is all just so very cut and dry and black and white sometimes (Judgement)... I get...? Irritated... Frustrated...

And I have to "judge" sometimes to express it, and I hate it, no I love it, no I hate it, no I love that I hate it, no I hate that I love it, no I both love and hate and hate and love it, wait, hang on just a minute here....?

I Live with the possibility that I might come to hate it and one day very much regret it possibly, possibly, but I consider it a risk I have to take sometimes...

Anyway, so very sorry...

God Bless!

Yes I believe both repentance and abiding are necessary for salvation. Of course we will all stumble in sin but if our hearts are truly following the guidance of the Holy Spirit we will confess our sins and turn away from them. I know so many people who believe Jesus died for their sins so this means they can go to strip clubs, engage in sexual immorality, get drunk, curse, fight, and basically live an absolute evil lifestyle and they will be saved because they believe. They have not become a new creation dead to their old ways. They are still the same exact person with the same exact lifestyle they were before they believed. Nothing has changed in them. The only thing that happened is they use Jesus’ sacrifice as an excuse to sin. My brother is one of these people and this type of belief is all too common in America.

Upvote 0

servantofiam

Dec 9, 2018
Colorado
✟18,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
And just what is "The Holy Commandment" "given to them"...?

And does it not supersede sin...?

Cause it is Love, is it not, "The Commandment", "The Great and number one Greatest Commandment" and Love covers (supersedes) a multitude of sins, ect...

God Bless!

Scripture claims Daniel was a man after god's own heart and we see where he committed, lust, fornication, adultery, lied, and then murder. Then he was called out on his sin(s) and his firstborn was killed by God.

A man after God's own heart means he loved God greater than you and I have.

He still sinned, still paid for his sins, and still sought for forgiveness.

So NO, your answer would be incorrect!!

After all, God in human form is called Son of David, so God clearly LOVED DAVID, and still held him accountable and KILLED his first son!!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My post in 345 was just speaking in general not directed to any person in particular. My first statement in 350 could’ve been worded better. It was a bit sarcastic so I did stumble a bit there by asking if he knew the definition of the word if.
Oh, so I didn't make a complete ass (donkey) out of myself then hopefully...?

You know, whatever man, I'll try to be better and not be so aggressive or mean, K...?

To be perfectly honest maybe I felt convicted a bit by post #345 also, I guess were all doing our best right...? Or it might have been something that I use to struggle in the past a lot with and maybe still struggle with but less now, but is not completely gone but is still there, or is area where I maybe still need to improve or could still do better in also, ect... And then when I read post #350...? well...

I felt like it was telling me I have to repent of all my sin or I'm going to hell, kind of thing... And man, that gets me sometimes...? Again, feeling like all the other questions surrounding that needing to be considered with that, are just not being considered, ect...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0