Is repentance a "one time act" or is it, or should it be "a way of life" (here)...?

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want power over "all sin", but don't know if it's possible...?
Then you dont yet "know Christ" he has such complete powee over sin he rose again from the dead.. You cant get More power over sin .

And we are in him.
We already ..in him.. Have full complete power over sin.

There for let Not sin reign in your mortal body .... Why write "dont let it" ? Because he Knows that in christ we have the full power to Not let it .

When you throw sinlessness into the topic youve confused the topic .
No one is sinless.
But no one born of God continues to do sin .
As they become aware of each thing that God (not man )reveals as sin ,they repent ....cease and do not continue in it.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Then you dont yet "know Christ" he has such complete powee over sin he rose again from the dead.. You cant get More power over sin .

I do know Christ and God far better than many of you do anyway... You do not know the truth, I do...

All to many of you have bought into a lie and are deceived, and lucky for you I guess (Ignorance is bliss)...

And we are in him.
We already ..in him.. Have full complete power over sin.

There for let Not sin reign in your mortal body .... Why write "dont let it" ? Because he Knows that in christ we have the full power to Not let it .

When you throw sinlessness into the topic youve confused the topic .
No one is sinless.
But no one born of God continues to do sin .
As they become aware of each thing that God (not man )reveals as sin ,they repent ....cease and do not continue in it.

Your contradicting yourself, to not sin at all is to be sinless, and to be sinless is to not ever sin...

Or else please explain to me what you mean by not continuing to do or commit any sin at all anymore, or after it is revealed to you, is not 100% sinlessness or being sinless, perpetually after that or whatever, (being born again, saved, ect)...?

And, "we" do not have any power at all over sin at all, and if you think "you" do or "you" can or "you" are, you are deceiving/deluding yourself and your own mind of your own choice and free will... but him in us, working through us can work it out of us... That is the one and only rue real way... Us doing it is not the way and not correct and not right...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟152,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I want power over "all sin", but don't know if it's possible...?

I know it's definitely not possible on my own or in my own strength...

Now do I have a "whole lot of problems with sin or as many sin issues as maybe some other people have, or do"...? To be perfectly honest, No, I really do not... I have very few sin issues left now really, but I refuse to settle in that or think it's not that bad or OK, when I think it is (bad), or is not (OK)... I feel like I will only be truly satisfied and content with "perfection"...

Am I setting myself up for failure, or great disappointment all the while I am here...? Maybe, but I still aim for the high mark and high calling... Regardless of how it makes me feel, or how I might feel about it...

But, is it possible to sinless and/or perfect and maintain that after a certain point of having done away with it...? IDK...?

But, I have to believe if I ever reach that aim or goal, that I will still sin or do something wrong sometimes after that maybe... Any and all wrong is sin, including, not only doing what is wrong, but also not always doing perfectly always what is always also right also...

It's a very narrow road and or path... And I don't want to, and refuse to try to do it anymore in my own strength... And, since I have been letting God do it, for a while now, I have notice this has been very much more effective against the or my own personal sins and sin issues, and I hope it/that continues... But, It has been a "process" for me, and not some overnight thing... Like it is being worked out of me from the Spirit inside of me...

However the very awesome and cool thing about this is, since I'm not having to do it in my own strength, and am not doing it that way or that anymore, the cool thing is, my sin issues are gradually getting cleaned up and taken care of, with very little to no self-effort on my part, and instead of it becoming harder and harder, it is actually becoming easier and easier, actually...

All I have to do is let God do the work in and and through me, submit to him in all things, be humble and repentant and penitent when I do commit a sin, and even just "rest" while he does it and takes care of it in me... I just think I get impatient with this "process" sometimes, I want to happen now and right now sometimes, or overnight, but I just don't think that is the way it's going to happen for me...?

Is it possible to be totally perfect and 100% totally sinless, and not ever do any wrong ever anymore or not...? That is the question I am trying to answer...?

I just don't like it when some people claim to be sinless right in the midst of sinning and they don't even see it, that frustrates me to no end... And I don't want that kind of supposed sinlessness or righteousness, I want it to be real, and not some trick or fakery that I have tricked and/or deceived myself with, and this is what I see most of the time with people claiming to be sinless, and that's not what I want or how I want it at all...

Now, Why do those kind of people irritate or frustrate me so very much...? I don't know, But I do know it is for a lot of "very good and holy and righteous reasons"... Maybe it's because I am wanting it to be real, and theirs is clearly not, and they're deceiving themselves and everybody else, and are spreading a very false doctrine and false gospel, and makes the one that are trying to truly do it or be it, get overlooked, ignored, ect, IDK...?

Why does it irritate me/you/us so...? I mean really and truly "why"...? I know there is and are very good reasons, but I just can't exactly and precisely put my finger on it/them...?

Anyway, I know I'm not the only one, so "why" does this frustrate us so or so very much...?

What is the "very good (and holy and righteous) reasons" for it/that...?

Can someone answer that for me...?

God Bless!
Have you ever heard the expression "like water off a ducks back"? Or "to each his own"? That is how I take the talk about sinless perfection and if you don't have it you are not saved ; )
PS: Did Job repent?
Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Have you ever heard the expression "like water off a ducks back"? Or "to each his own"? That is how I take the talk about sinless perfection and if you don't have it you are not saved ; )
PS: Did Job repent?
Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

Yes, they always say or think and say and spread that if your not sinlessly perfect then your not saved, don't know God, can't know God, or have the Holy Spirit, ect, ect...

And that is very, very wrong and makes me very angry to no end...

And then they'll say there not saying that, but just basically say it again and again, but just changing the words and terms each time...

I'm really sick of it...

That's not the gospel...

God Bless!

Saying "because I am sinless I know God and you do not", ect, ect...

And they are lying both to themselves and others most of the time, teaching others to that effect, ect, ect, placing an impossible yoke on burden on others that they do not carry nor live up to themselves, but think they do, ect, ect...

Really, really getting very, very sick of it/that, makes me very angry...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why quote just this sentance? Why not quote all he wrote lrading up to it and all he wrote following it ?

If you think that makes your case for me, it doesn't.

13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief.
14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
15 This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners,
of whom I am the worst.
16But for this very reason I was shown mercy, so that in me, the worst of sinners , Christ Jesus might display His perfect patience, as an example to those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

It is present tense and after his conversion. Ya'll are goofy.

Line 14 saved
Line 15 I am the worst of all sinners.

New Living Translation
-and I am the worst of them all.

English Standard Version
of whom I am the foremost.

Berean Study Bible
of whom I am the worst.

King James Bible
of whom I am chief.

Christian Standard Bible
--and I am the worst of them.

Good News Translation
I am the worst of them,

International Standard Version
I am the worst of them.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
and I am the foremost sinner.

New American Standard 1977
among whom I am foremost of all.

Jubilee Bible 2000
of whom I am first.

King James 2000 Bible
of whom I am chief.

Young's Literal Translation
save sinners -- first of whom I am;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you think that makes your case, it doesn't.
13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 13though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief,
14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
15 This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners,
of whom I am the worst.
16But for this very reason I was shown mercy, so that in me, the worst of sinners , Christ Jesus might display His perfect patience, as an example to those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

It is present tense and after conversion. Ya'll are goofy.
He also received the Grace because he realized or came to the realization of all of that, of his ignorance, and chose to change and/or make steps to come out of it, but many won't and flat out refuse to, or maybe even possibly "can't", IDK...?

I'm getting sick and tired of those hypocrites (the latter)... They anger me greatly...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Paul speaks in personal present tense, and claims to be the worst sinner, having killed and persecuted Christians until Jesus knocked him off his camel. Do you honestly think Paul wasn't Spirit-filled? That everyone but him is dead to sin? You are hearing with western ears, and he is speaking in Jewish words and style. Just like Romans 7:9 is present tense as if Paul is there with Moses! He's actually speaking for mankind. And the rest of Romans 7 is present tense and confuses many, but is actually BEFORE Christ UNDER the law BEFORE the Spirit and is compared with the next chapter, comparing Law vs. Spirit.
Why quote just this sentance? Why not quote all he wrote lrading up to it and all he wrote following it ?
Where he speaks past tense of before he is saved and his slavhood to sin ...laments that past state...then rejoices that he is NO longer in that state any more.
He does not go on living in sin ..go read all his letters and see how often he reiterates that sinfulness is a PAST state ..and livibg in Christs rightouesness is a present ongoing state.
Go read them .. Instead of plucking out a sentance or two to fit into churchianties self justifying excusing of thier refusal to repent of doing things they KNOW are sinful.
He also received the Grace because he realized or came to the realization of all of that, of his ignorance, and chose to change and/or make steps to come out of it, but many won't and flat out refuse to, or maybe even possibly "can't", IDK...?

I'm getting sick and tired of those hypocrites (the latter)... They anger me greatly...

God Bless!

All people of faith have received grace,
are no longer under the obsolete law,
and without law sin is not counted against us.

Yes, all you saved people are still sinning morning to night.
You have hope that it will not be counted against you.
You are not better people. But you are saved.
Please, stop boasting about your angel wings and
how the light beaming from your heart is brighter than
the dim-wits you despise.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, they always say or think and say and spread that if your not sinlessly perfect then your not saved, don't know God, can't know God, or have the Holy Spirit, ect, ect...

And that is very, very wrong and makes me very angry to no end...

And then they'll say there not saying that, but just basically say it again and again, but just changing the words and terms each time...

I'm really sick of it...

That's not the gospel...

God Bless!

Saying "because I am sinless I know God and you do not", ect, ect...

And they are lying both to themselves and others most of the time, teaching others to that effect, ect, ect, placing an impossible yoke on burden on others that they do not carry nor live up to themselves, but think they do, ect, ect...

Really, really getting very, very sick of it/that, makes me very angry...
That’s when you put the people on ignore.

There is this guy who constantly links near death experiences. Like every three posts. I had to put him on ignore. Couldn’t take it and it always made me angry

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
If you think that makes your case for me, it doesn't.

13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief.
of whom I am the worst.

It is present tense and after his conversion. Ya'll are goofy.

Line 14 saved
Line 15 I am the worst of all sinners.

New Living Translation
-and I am the worst of them all.

English Standard Version
of whom I am the foremost.

Berean Study Bible
of whom I am the worst.

King James Bible
of whom I am chief.

Christian Standard Bible
--and I am the worst of them.

Good News Translation
I am the worst of them,

International Standard Version
I am the worst of them.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
and I am the foremost sinner.

New American Standard 1977
among whom I am foremost of all.

Jubilee Bible 2000
of whom I am first.

King James 2000 Bible
of whom I am chief.

Young's Literal Translation
save sinners -- first of whom I am;

I explained this to you already, but you must like your own private interpretation best. You do know that Paul wanted his "children" to do as he does. Is that to be the worst sinner? Was Paul still killing Christians - the sin he is referring to?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That’s when you put the people on ignore.

There is this guy who constantly links near death experiences. Like every three posts. I had to put him on ignore. Couldn’t take it and it always made me angry

haven't seen him. I may already have him on ignore. LOL

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

God Bless!

I know you have me in that category, but I would just like to say, that staying away from sin is easy. All you have to do is do what you want to do out of your new nature. That is why His yoke is easy, and His burden is light. Those that still have to struggle and strain to stay away from things they really want to do that are evil, are wanting them from the old nature, something a born again nature would hate. It is easy to stay away from things you hate. So the question then is, which nature do we have - old or new?

• Winner
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do know Christ and God far better than many of you do anyway... You do not know the truth, I do...

All to many of you have bought into a lie and are deceived, and lucky for you I guess (Ignorance is bliss)...

Your contradicting yourself, to not sin at all is to be sinless, and to be sinless is to not ever sin...

Or else please explain to me what you mean by not continuing to do or commit any sin at all anymore, or after it is revealed to you, is not 100% sinlessness or being sinless, perpetually after that or whatever, (being born again, saved, ect)...?

And, "we" do not have any power at all over sin at all, and if you think "you" do or "you" can or "you" are, you are deceiving/deluding yourself and your own mind of your own choice and free will... but him in us, working through us can work it out of us... That is the one and only rue real way... Us doing it is not the way and not correct and not right...

God Bless!
You didnt read..you just got defensive.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All people of faith have received grace,
are no longer under the obsolete law,
and without law sin is not counted against us.

Yes, all you saved people are still sinning morning to night.
You have hope that it will not be counted against you.
You are not better people. But you are saved.
Please, stop boasting about your angel wings and
how the light beaming from your heart is brighter than
the dim-wits you despise.
What sin are you speaking of that you accuse we are doing from morning to night..?
If you wish i can document my day for you
..it involved in the morning sharing the gospel .praying for a guys knee , and an afternoon explaining the gospel to another..water baptising a man who then got baptised in the Holy Spirit ,councilling another couple.. Traceling from place to place for all that to occure..
Sorry to disappoint you .(not at all).but really have not had time to spend on sinning today.
To busy doing the lords will.

You realky shoukd not assume all others do as you do.
I love the lord JESUS.i do not desire to rebel against him.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know you have me in that category, but I would just like to say, that staying away from sin is easy. All you have to do is do what you want to do out of your new nature. That is why His yoke is easy, and His burden is light. Those that still have to struggle and strain to stay away from things they really want to do that are evil, are wanting them from the old nature, something a born again nature would hate. It is easy to stay away from things you hate. So the question then is, which nature do we have - old or new?

What sin are you speaking of that you accuse we are doing from morning to night..? If you wish i can document my day for you ..it involved in the morning sharing the gospel .praying for a guys knee , and an afternoon explaining the gospel to another..water baptising a man who then got baptised in the Holy Spirit ,counselling another couple.. Traveling from place to place for all that to occur.. Sorry to disappoint you .(not at all).but really have not had time to spend on sinning today. Too busy doing the lord's will. You really should not assume all others do as you do. I love the lord JESUS.i do not desire to rebel against him.

Yes, I really should.
You are amazing.
That's all documented as well. No assumptions from me:

Romans 7:15
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.

Romans 7:19
For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do.

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh craves what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are opposed to one another, so that you do not do what you want.

You are packed with sin:
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

A tiny sin about is no different from being a murdering pedophile:

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.
1 John 1:10
If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

God offers you this insight:
James 5:9
Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door.

Prayer doesn't heal others. It only fixes your broken viewpoint on God's will.

Matthew 6:8
Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Prayer reveals how God already answered your prayer:

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer,
believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I really should.
You are amazing.

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.

For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do.

For the flesh craves what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are opposed to one another, so that you do not do what you want.

You are packed with sin:
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

A tiny about is no different from being a murdering pedophile:

For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door.

You do realize that all of those sentences are incomplete excerpts and out of thier context right?
For john for exampke also writes that no one born of God can continue to practice sin.
So if we pull out that verse by itself and put it beside your plucked out verse they completly contradict each other.

But the contradiction only exists when they are plucked out of context like that.. If you read johns entire letter as a whole .as we're supposed to, then no contradiction exists.
So next time quote the entire letter of John.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟152,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some of you guys are allowing these "sinless" types to rattle your cage. When Jesus encountered this type, He just told them how the hog ate the cabbage and went on down the road. It's all going to work out perfectly according to His plan. TRUST HIM!!!

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Some of you guys are allowing these "sinless" types to rattle your cage. When Jesus encountered this type, He just told them how the hog ate the cabbage and went on down the road. It's all going to work out perfectly according to His plan. TRUST HIM!!!

Hmmm... Jesus was one of those "sinless" types!

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I really should.
You are amazing.

You are packed with sin:

A tiny about is no different from being a murdering pedophile:

1 Corinthians 14:38

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

How many times does it say to repent here?

Repentance is not the only requirement sister. John 15:1-10

Upvote 0