jacksknight

Mar 16, 2016
USA
✟1,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I look at inappropriate content but not inappropriate content of real people I watch anime inappropriate content which is called hentai. some people say it is a sin but others say it is not. is it a sin?

People usually ask these kind of questions when they already know the answer.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I look at inappropriate content but not inappropriate content of real people I watch anime inappropriate content which is called hentai. some people say it is a sin but others say it is not. is it a sin?

Here are some guidelines:

15 See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after
that which is good for one another and for all people.
16 Rejoice always;
17 pray without ceasing;
18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
19 Do not quench the Spirit;
20 do not despise prophetic utterances.
21 But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;
22 abstain from every form of evil.

Follow these guidelines and you'll be worthy of Heaven without help from Jesus.
Otherwise, you need some forgiveness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's pure lust from the flesh.
The other sex is reduced to an object of lust to be subdued with your 'part'.
Love has nothing to do with it.

Yet, God created the sheer beauty of nudity as portrayed in inappropriate content.
But it is meant to be for a married couple, not to get off on by means of pictures / video.

But who can change his / her easily triggered excitements?
Prayer and some discipline certainly help.

It's difficult...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So your saying, Hieronymus, that we have to use secondary scriptures to say watching a couple have sex is a sin?
No i don't think so, because it's supposed to be out of love between 2 people, not to get off on as a third person.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Yes. All inappropriate content, regardless of what it is, is driven by lust and is sinful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, the same Greek word that is used in Mat.5:28 where Jesus says not to look at a woman to lust after her is the same Greek word that is used to say that Jesus desired to have the passover meal with his disciples. Seems to me the 1st is about sin and the second is about fellowship.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟903,875.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Well, the same Greek word that is used in Mat.5:28 where Jesus says not to look at a woman to lust after her is the same Greek word that is used to say that Jesus desired to have the passover meal with his disciples. Seems to me the 1st is about sin and the second is about fellowship.

My guess is he isn't watching inappropriate content for fellowship. Neither is someone watching others have sex...

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So your making a distinction .... I thought you felt all lust/desire was sin .. The Greek word can be translated both ways ...
Its further interesting to note that Jesus is talking about the 10 commmandments and when Paul uses this word he is quoting the command to not covet ones' neighbor's wife or goods.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look, it's rather straight forward.
With inappropriate content your eyes lust for a person you're not married to, which is adultery, just as Christ explained.
So it is a sin.
Therefore a Christian shouldn't be watching inappropriate content.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created the world with temptations, then sent His son to be tempted just as we are tempted, and He sinned not. Is it a sin then to succumb to temptation? Yes.

However..."He who is without sin..."

And let us not forget that God has masterfully included darkness and sin in the world in a way that serves His purpose. And while we should not love evil more than good and be consumed, are we not consumed already? Pray therefore, that just as we have fallen and are guilty of all manner of sin daily, that we are raised up and saved from these evil times.

Upvote 0