Is Oz realistic in its portrayal of the Aryan Brotherhood?

PlatinumTrophies

Learning The Way
Feb 14, 2019
Suburbia
✟3,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been watching the TV series, Oz, and the Aryan Brotherhood is one of the prison gangs, among the Latinos, Muslims, Italians, and blacks.
The Aryan Brotherhood is the only one of the gangs in which most of its members practice homosexuality. They intimidate scared white prisoners into essentially becoming sex slaves.

Now I thought the Aryan Brotherhood in prisons would frown upon homosexuality like this. The show does have them forcing their 'sex slaves' to wear makeup and feminine clothing. I still think it's rather bizarre that nobody outright calls the Aryans 'homosexual' or even bisexual. I have heard that if you have sex with a man in prison, you ARE considered homosexual, regardless if it's with your 'slave'.

Robert6671

May 7, 2019
Indianpolis
✟14,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've been watching the TV series, Oz, and the Aryan Brotherhood is one of the prison gangs, among the Latinos, Muslims, Italians, and blacks.
The Aryan Brotherhood is the only one of the gangs in which most of its members practice homosexuality. They intimidate scared white prisoners into essentially becoming sex slaves.

Now I thought the Aryan Brotherhood in prisons would frown upon homosexuality like this. The show does have them forcing their 'sex slaves' to wear makeup and feminine clothing. I still think it's rather bizarre that nobody outright calls the Aryans 'homosexual' or even bisexual. I have heard that if you have sex with a man in prison, you ARE considered homosexual, regardless if it's with your 'slave'.

Prison is brutal to those who can not defend themselves that is a fact....but it is also just a tv show. Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock said his character on tv is him with the volume turned all the way up. I think that is what OZ is...prison turned up full volume. Some are better than others.

Upvote 0