Is Our World Really as Plain as it Seems?

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It always seems very strange to me that humans are such a creative species and imagine all kinds of things that can never happen. Science seems to be right about just about everything we can see with our natural eyes. It really makes me wonder. Is our world really so cut and dry or does God just hide things from us? Or is Science right?

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It always seems very strange to me that humans are such a creative species and imagine all kinds of things that can never happen. Science seems to be right about just about everything we can see with our natural eyes. It really makes me wonder. Is our world really so cut and dry or does God just hide things from us? Or is Science right?
You have it a little backwards. God is right and Scientists hide things from us.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="Angeleyes7715, post: 71166610, member: 383059"]It always seems very strange to me that humans are such a creative species and imagine all kinds of things that can never happen. Science seems to be right about just about everything we can see with our natural eyes. It really makes me wonder. Is our world really so cut and dry or does God just hide things from us? Or is Science right?[/QUOTE
Science is usually wrong, to start with, and after starting.
God hides many things from men.
Nothing is as it seems.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Science is just man's attempt to observe and understand God's creation. It doesn't need to be in a dichotomy with God.
That's not at all
what science is.
See in God's Word what He says about mankind, man's wisdom, and man's knowledge ... (not at all , no, not one bit good). (natural, of the world, fleshy carnal mankind)

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ultimately, yes. God's foolishness vastly exceeds our greatest collective wisdom.

But I see no reason to get into odds over observable things of this world like, say, gravity, that "science" has established in human terms.

How do clouds form, for instance. The sun's heat causes water to precipitate into the sky. This is simply an observation that is recorded and broken down into parcels of cause and effect. No reason to think the underpinning of such an observation is meant as an spiritual invective against God, even if certain atheists assert science as a human religion, superior to the truth.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Ultimately, yes. God's foolishness vastly exceeds our greatest collective wisdom.

But I see no reason to get into odds over observable things of this world like, say, gravity, that "science" has established in human terms.
Man's greatest collective knowledge and wisdom
is
always an enemy of Jesus, opposed to Him,
and
always subject to the enemy - subject to the prince of the power of the air - as written in God's Word (the BIBLE).

Because man with all that he had, replaced serving the Creator with
serving and worshiping idols , serving and worship creation,
serving and worshiping
things that have no breath, no life, no mind,

God Says HE gave them over to believe their delusions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Right, but isn't that only if we hold science/man's understanding over our faith?

We're still allowed to accept the theory of gravity and not be heretical, right?
If we believe and trust and rely on God and Jesus and seek Him to do as He says,
He reveals the truth as He always said He would , as He always did and does in Scripture and since then.

The system is what He says is wicked and destined for destruction.
Man's/ the world's/ ways are wicked and are not redeemed.

People are redeemed, not the systems/ methods/ ways of the world.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 45: 15 Truly you are a God who hides himself,
Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

That is with regard to spiritual things.

With regard to understanding the created universe:

The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.

Day unto day utters speech,
And night unto night reveals knowledge.

There is no speech nor language
Where their voice is not heard.

Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world.
-- Psalm 19

...so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us. -- Acts 17

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
-- Romans 1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But if you prioritize God and His Way above your own understandings as a rule, then will you really be actively opposing God just by acknowledging these human systems? I wouldn't worry about it.
If you honor God and lean not on your own understanding,
then you cannot
join with nor support those who oppose God with and in the
society/ all or any system.
Oh, as we are in the world, and not of the world,
we cannot withdraw from the world (as God says in His Word),
but we will not succumb to the world in sin,
rather
be a LIGHT IN THE WORLD, with TRUTH, in JESUS,
and
not darkness in the way of the world opposed to God.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
these human systems?
Realize these are exposed in God's Word as being opposed to Him.

Just as there is a constant battle, daily, every day,
of the natural/ flesh/ man VS the spirit.

The Christian men in those systems who published , or who sought to publish the truth,
were silenced, black listed, shunned by the 'professional' societies.
(for a long time now - no sudden event and not a secret)

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think nature can show us that there is a creator. But it can't tell us much more than that. It can also show us evolution if we choose to interpret it as such. But those interpretations are dependent upon which side of the fence you have chosen to put yourself on. The evidence will support you either way. God has to sort the wheat from the tares.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Are you talking about writing fiction or about reality?

The whole of creation is amazing and fabulously wonderful.
creatures that use atomic attraction to be able to walk up glass windows, eyse that enable flies to see faster than we can react, bees navigation systems etc

We have been given intelligence so we can investigate all of creation and it is the wise man who gives God the honour and praise his creation deserves.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think nature can show us that there is a creator. But it can't tell us much more than that. It can also show us evolution if we choose to interpret it as such. But those interpretations are dependent upon which side of the fence you have chosen to put yourself on. The evidence will support you either way. God has to sort the wheat from the tares.

The verses I quoted in post #14 tell me three things:

1. The wonders of God's created universe testify that He created them.
2. God fully intends for the universe to testify to Him to all humans.
3. God will hold each human accountable for recognizing and acknowledging the basic fact of His existence and His basic virtuous nature.

• Friendly
Reactions: evoeth
Upvote 0