Is Our Life A Disease Destroying Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
“So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please our Lord Jesus Christ. But we are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in us. Now if we do not have the Spirit of Christ, we are not His. And if Christ is in us, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead dwells in us, He who raised up our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead will also give life to our mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in us.” (Rom. 8:8-11)

Do we understand that being “in the flesh” isn’t “walking according to the flesh” that is part and parcel of SIN, which carries the consequences of illnesses, diseases, and afflictions? His Word is saying that we are no longer “conformed to this world”, and no longer live according to the “flesh” that controls our sinful nature. And if we really and truly have “the Spirit” living in us that is empowering us, then we can live a life that is pleasing to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Once we realise that we are “dead because of sin”, then our “dead” body, in which sin dwells can still be made a vehicle for our living Almighty God, our Lord Jesus Christ by expressing HIS life in us. Many struggling Christians cannot see this!

The solution to our problem of flesh is the Holy Spirit, as HE gives “life to our mortal bodies” by transforming and renewing our minds that will overcome and conquer the deadness of our body, experiencing the life and peace of a resurrected life.

“Yet indeed we also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, our Lord, for whom we have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that we may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having our own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that we may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, we may attain to the resurrection from the dead.” (Phlp. 3:8-11)

The value of knowing our Lord Jesus Christ surpasses all else, and anything else that others teach in falseness that is detestable and worthless. All the things of the world and “empty deceit, according to false teachers” (see Col. 2:8) that we are no longer conformed to this “rubbish” when compared and conformed to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Our true righteousness is our faith in HIM, not of works, having an intellectual knowledge of HIM, and a relational and intimate knowledge of HIM, and the Power of His resurrection”.

As we seek an ongoing power that is the day-by-day experience in His Name and authority. As we participate in the persecutions and the many struggles that accompany them---we---who are true, will “fellowship in the Gospel” (Phlp. 1:5), with our Lord Jesus Christ and HIS sufferings and trials of conflicts and troubles, the very same that we encounter; that are not pleasant and may be extreme and grievous (see James 1:2-4) as “we are conformed to HIS death”. These troubles and difficulties are the very things that refines and purifes us, producing: patience; self-control; gentleness; goodness; kindness and faithfulness. Through our testing we are not destroyed or afflicted, but are purged and refined through our confession, repentance, forgiveness and love.

Through our “patience” we bear illnesses, diseases, and afflictions; as we stand under pressure, against the “wiles of the enemy” with a staying power that turns our endurances of trials and adversities into opportunities.

We try so hard to imitate HIM, even in HIS death by complete obedience to our Heavenly Father, just as obedient as our Lord Jesus Christ was to HIS Father’s will: “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done” (Luke 22:42).

As we partake in HIS resurrection, we are not to doubt, but view it as an expectation, and desire to be with those Christians who are like-minded in our victory in our Lord Jesus Christ.

To be “born again” we are told that we receive the life and nature of our Lord Jesus Christ into us, and sickness has no part of our new life in our Lord Jesus Christ. But, many of us suffer from illnesses and diseases, even though the many teachers who feed and tend us, say to us that our new life isn’t subject to illnesses and diseases.

In Leviticus 17:11 it says: “For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.” Therefore, our humaly blood is the life of our human body, and that’s why when the blood is infected, then sickness and death may follow. However, many say that when we are ‘born again”, we cease to live by the “blood” that flows through our veins. Therefore, if our body is dead (v10), then we expect the Holy Spirit to give life to our physical body. What lives, as many believers still struggle terribly?

Therefore, we could ask: “What is the reason that many of us are not living at the level that what is expected of us?” Are we ignorant, placing our personal experience above His Insipred Word? But, are we ill-informed, and lack foundation in His Word, and are not being fed and tended to as HE instructed that we should be?

We are told that as we grow in our Lord Jesus Christ, we will discover that it just doesn’t matter what the doctor’s report says; we are suppose to be living a life above sickness, disease, and affliction. Is this “blind faith”?

The hardest of all things is to get a hold of HIS TRUTH in FAITH that HIS anointing will surge through our body and give us a new life and healing, because we don’t live by blood anymore, but the the life of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is in us.

I guess if we keep on praying this prayer below, we will overcome and conquer our doubt, sicknesses, diseases, and afflictions.

Heavenly Father, I come to You through our Lord Jesus Christ, and I claim that I have the life of our Lord Jesus Christ flowing through every part of my body and that His Blood infuses my cells, tissues, organs, and bodily systems and makes me resistant to any kind of sickness, disease, and afflictions, in Jesus’ Name.

Status
Not open for further replies.