Is omission of the, or a, or certain "truths", especially if no one asks, or is inquiring, a "lie"..

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I read your link, and I'm no clearer on what the actual issue you're struggling with is meant to be. Whatever's going on, I hope you're OK, but without anything else to go on, I don't know what else to tell you.
It is rather general, but the specifics would fill a book, I'm OK right now though, thanks for asking...

I'm a paranoid Scitzophrenic... Which comes with other problems...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I see.

With all compassion and care, have you spoken to your medical doctor about these issues?
Oh, yes, and I take my medication regularly, They say I am "High-functioning"... So, please don't think I'm (for lack of a better word and I hate this word) "retarded" or something like that... I'm actually doing a whole lot better with it now, than I use to, even the doctors seem to be pretty amazed with my progress... Knowing how I started out... Years ago...

Thanks, for expressing compassion and care and concern though,

God Bless!

• Optimistic
Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Look, if you want to do apologetics, find yourself someone else.
On another note, I sincerely wish you all the best regarding your mental problems.
This is a Christian forum right, my question was not in the nature of apologetics, I just simply asked you if you thought Jesus was an actual person who really existed or not...?

If, so, I thought some might be interested in what he went through as a man, as a person, as a fellow human being, is all...

I didn't ask you, or try to tell you, or push upon you, that he was God, or divine or supernatural or anything like that, even though I might think he is, what I wanted more here, to discuss here, was more about his humanity, rather than focusing on his divinity (this time, in this thread anyhow)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, yes, and I take my medication regularly, They say I am "High-functioning"... So, please don't think I'm (for lack of a better word and I hate this word) "retarded" or something like that... I'm actually doing a whole lot better with it now, than I use to, even the doctors seem to be pretty amazed with my progress... Knowing how I started out... Years ago...

Thanks, for expressing compassion and care and concern though,

God Bless!
I don't for a moment think you're retarded, and I struggle with mental health issues myself, so I am sincere in my concern. That said, a couple of your posts are kind of ramble-y, and made me wonder if everything is OK. But if you're on your meds and in contact with your doc, that's good. Keep it up.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't for a moment think you're retarded, and I struggle with mental health issues myself, so I am sincere in my concern. That said, a couple of your posts are kind of ramble-y, and made me wonder if everything is OK. But if you're on your meds and in contact with your doc, that's good. Keep it up.
Thanks, man... You too as well... It more my typing and tendency with run-on sentences, I need to re-read and go over them a little more perhaps before posting them and try to fix that as best I can, before actually posting them...

I'll try to do that more, K...?

God Bless!

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
This is a Christian forum right, my question was not in the nature of apologetics, I just simply asked you if you thought Jesus was an actual person who really existed or not...?
...and this is not what I was interested in when trying to consider your initial questions.

If, so, I thought some might be interested in what he went through as a man, as a person, as a fellow human being, is all...
Yeah, some might.

I didn't ask you, or try to tell you, or push upon you, that he was God, or divine or supernatural or anything like that, even though I might think he is, what I wanted more here, to discuss here, was more about his humanity, rather than focusing on his divinity (this time, in this thread anyhow)...
...and I didn´t say you did any of that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
...and this is not what I was interested in when trying to consider your initial questions.

Yeah, some might.

...and I didn´t say you did any of that.
Tell, me what you were interested in then by my question, and we can discuss that instead if you like...?

You were interested in something pertaining to it, right...?

Tell what it is/was and we can discuss it, if you like...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The loving relationships in a family system are more interesting to me than kings and pawns.
Btw., it´s interesting that you started your thread asking about "truths", and now you are asking about feelings, emotions.

Of course, we don´t reveal all our feelings to our children. Children do need to learn that we as adults have needs and feelings, just like they have. However, most of our worries are directed at things that our children neither have a say in nor must be expected to help solving.
As far as preparing children for life: They will learn things in a playful way, they will learn slowly on smaller scales.
Just to pick a simple example, sooner or later they will have to learn that resources are limited and how to deal with this problem. It won´t help them in any way if I keep talking to them about my fears to make ends meet. They will learn it when they get their first pocket money and need to consider how to spend it.

You said this was of more interest to you, so I'll try it... (I apologize for not paying more attention to what you said and were thinking about, I just had some of my own thoughts in mind when I started this thread, anyways, sorry...)

I guess if you did especially unnecessarily, especially at to early an age, it could be considered, and hear this being talked about more today than in the past, though it seemed to happen a lot in the past, and still does happen today... Anyways, "emotional incest" could be the result, and that is very wrong, but does happen... Usually happens when a Mother and a Father don't see eye to eye and maybe don't get along well, and are very distant emotionally from each other, and have no else to talk to about their adult feelings except with perhaps, one of their children, it atypically can begin with complaining to one of your eldest, usually opposite of your sex, children about their Mom or Dad, and can get worse from there...

I remember my own mother trying to do this with me at times, most of the time I wasn't very nice in my responses to her, and I was very short with her when she did, which I used to feel bad about, but thinking about it now (she died when I was 21) anyways, thinking about it now, I'm glad I handled it the way I did, cause now that I think about it, it was "wrong" of her and something in me, must have been telling me that...

I didn't let her go to far with it, but she did try... Thanks for provoking a thought in me about it, now I don't feel so bad about it, it was probably the best for both of us, in the end... Some Fathers will try this with their daughters too, (I know someone who had to with their dad) but I think it's more prevalent in Mother's and sons... Their were times she told me things about her spouse I just didn't need or want to hear, and I got very short with her as to put a stop to it and silence her as quickly as I could... I think it was for the best for both of us now though...

(this has also provoked some thought in me about why God did not see fit to tell us everything in detail, cause it might have been inappropriate at that spiritual age, but I'll stay off that one, K?)

Have you noticed any of this anywhere before...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is omission of the, or "a", or certain "truths", especially if no one asks, or is inquiring, or perhaps, doesn't even seem curious, or perhaps, doesn't even seem to care about it, a "lie", or being deceptive, or deceitful...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Known omission of details, especiay pertinent to a situation, is deception.

Deception is a root of lies.

So, it would be like asking if money is evil: money itself isn't evil, the greed for it is. Likewise, the omission itself may not be a lie, but it is rooted in deception - purposefully clouding full disclosure and transparency.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
You said this was of more interest to you, so I'll try it... (I apologize for not paying more attention to what you said and were thinking about, I just had some of my own thoughts in mind when I started this thread, anyways, sorry...)
No biggie. :)

I guess if you did especially unnecessarily, especially at to early an age, it could be considered, and hear this being talked about more today than in the past, though it seemed to happen a lot in the past, and still does happen today...
Hey, I´m not a native English speaker, and I have problems understanding run-on sentence with no detectable grammatical structure.
Anyways, "emotional incest" could be the result, and that is very wrong, but does happen... Usually happens when a Mother and a Father don't see eye to eye and maybe don't get along well, and are very distant emotionally from each other, and have no else to talk to about their adult feelings except with perhaps, one of their children, it atypically can begin with complaining to one of your eldest, usually opposite of your sex, children about their Mom or Dad, and can get worse from there...
Yes, that would be one example for a child getting a responsibility that isn´t his/hers.

I remember my own mother trying to do this with me at times, most of the time I wasn't very nice in my responses to her, and I was very short with her when she did, which I used to feel bad about, but thinking about it now (she died when I was 21) anyways, thinking about it now, I'm glad I handled it the way I did, cause now that I think about it, it was "wrong" of her and something in me, must have been telling me that...
Personally, I am not thinking in terms of right and wrong that much. In any case, I think it was important for you to protect yourself against these attempts.

Have you noticed any of this anywhere before...?
Of what? Children being pushed into responsibilites they can´t handle? Yes, all the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums