United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by franklin

thunder, happy trails to you bud, because it's you that is brain washed and I'll be perfectly honest with you especially after sharing all this info with you, you are not being honest with yourself, you are living out a deception and you just don't have the guts to admit it!
This prooves to me you don't have the backbone or the courage to do it! Your just all talk pal so have your happy trails and keep ridin on out a town!

Bye Franklin,
Nice knowing ya :wave:

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
thunder, fine with me, the next time I post a thread to someone else, keep your comments and insults to yourself especially if you don't have any intentions to continue what you instigated and started in the first place! Have fun weilding your useless wooden sword!

franklin

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Josephus
Nuclear or biological warfare? Of course. I almost wait in anticipation for the day Israel finally nukes Damascus.

Josephus,
Does this mean the end of the world as we know it?
Does this have anything to do with what Paul said in Romans2:28-29; Gal 3:28,29?
Where does it say in the Bible that national Israel today have all the rights to that land by God while they are still rejecting God's most precious gift, His Son.

Upvote 0

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
I'd have to say that true peace came to this world over 2000 years ago when Christ lived among men, died on a cross, rose again & appeared a second time to bring in His everlasting covenant forever without end.

This is a lie, since this completely contradicts scripture that says the Messiah will sit on David's throne and will rule and reign forever, bringing peace to all mankind. Since we've had our share of wars in the last 2000 years, I highly doubt the view that Jesus is sitting on the throne of earth making everyone be at peace with one another.

Preterists are asked to respond to the Spirituality forum since their point of views often threaten the stability of topics within this forum. This is an administrative decree, and as Founders of these forums, Erwin and I will not tolerate these topics to be hijacked into such discussions. Sorry.

Upvote 0

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
Physical judgement on man/nations/empires (by God) is a thing of the past. We aren't living in the Old Testament anymore. God has no need to pour out his wrath on mankind.

If you choose Christ, you win an eternity with God. If you do not, you win an eternity separated from Him. See how simple God made it for us?

-A

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by armothe
Physical judgement on man/nations/empires (by God) is a thing of the past. We aren't living in the Old Testament anymore. God has no need to pour out his wrath on mankind.

-A

Dr Jeckel, your hyde is showing :D

You must want to be banned. This is not only disrespectful of the management of this forum, it is also disobedience at work. Your character is on display for all to see. What is it you hope to gain??

Upvote 0

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
Dr Jeckel, your hyde is showing :D
You must want to be banned. This is not only disrespectful of the management of this forum, it is also disobedience at work. Your character is on display for all to see. What is it you hope to gain??

What are you talking about?

-A

Upvote 0

Josiah

Super suction ears away!
Jan 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟716.00
Originally posted by franklin
We believe He fulfilled every single word He proclaimed just I in the post you responded to Pilgrim!

This is what you call respect?

Originally posted by Rollin'Thunder
I believe they are thoroughly brainwashed, but no offense intended. Happy trails.

It sounded to me like Rollin'was just carrying on with the theme...

Upvote 0
If you read Revelation, you will see during the 1st four seal judgments ¼ of the worlds population is destroyed. This is from war and all the side effects from it. ¼ of the worlds population is about 1 ½ billion people. This is just about the populations of the US, Russia, and China combined (example of how many people this is). If the 1st four seals are the parallel of Ezekiel 38 and 39 (Which I believe). The militaries of the countries described in Ezekiel, will number around 10-15 million, this is counting the US, Russian, Arab, and Israeli forces. The armed forces of these countries could not sustain the conventional ordinances required to kill 1 ½ billion people. They would have to use nukes. The number of combatants is less than 2.5% of the 1 ½ billion that are killed. Most of the people that are killed are civilians from the countries that are participating in this war. After this during the trumpet judgments, we see another 1/3 of the populations destroyed. If we do the numbers here, ¼ from a whole is ¾, and 1/3 from ¾ is ½. So during this tribulation period before the return of CHRIST, ½ of the worlds population is destroyed. This number will total over 3 billion people. It seems to me that all the standing armies in the world could not kill through conventional military ordinances, this many people. I believe the Bible indicates the number of military combatants at the end of the tribulation to be around 220,000,000. This would include the western armies along with the armies of the kings of the east, but this number is not raised till almost the end. I believe that nuclear weapons will soon be used in these wars. Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with what your saying there, Maranatha. Isn't it totally amazing, the prophecies were written so long ago, and yet they are so accurate to today and the ever increasing possibility of nuclear war.

Even people who are not religious can see the handwriting on the wall. Nuclear war will happen, when and to what extent is not known. But things seem to be heating up. Of course tempers could cool, and reason could return. But inevitably, whether now or 100 years from now, world wide nuclear war will happen--it can't be prevented, unless Jesus returns and puts a stop to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by MARANATHA2002
I believe that nuclear weapons will soon be used in these wars. Peace, but not yet.

Hey MARANATHA,
I agree with a lot of what you said here. Half of the worlds population will be wiped out, and I believe that nuclear fallout with have very much to do with that. I wasn't sure though about one point you made. You said soon. Do you believe that these nukes will be turned loose before the rapture?? Or after??

Upvote 0
Thunder, hello brother

I believe the rapture/resurrection will happen first , followed almost immediately by the war of Ezekiel 38 and 39. I believe GOD will snatch us out right before this war starts. I also believe the end of this particular war will be the catalyst for the 7 year treaty.

There is the chance of a rogue use of a nuke, by terrorist, and there is the possible chance of an exchange between India and Pakistan, before the rapture. But the numbers that are killed during the Ezekiel war, and during the tribulation by nuclear weapons, I believe, will happen after the rapture. And I do believe this is very soon. Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by MARANATHA2002
Thunder, hello brother

I believe the rapture/resurrection will happen first , followed almost immediately by the war of Ezekiel 38 and 39. I believe GOD will snatch us out right before this war starts. I also believe the end of this particular war will be the catalyst for the 7 year treaty.

There is the chance of a rogue use of a nuke, by terrorist, and there is the possible chance of an exchange between India and Pakistan, before the rapture. But the numbers that are killed during the Ezekiel war, and during the tribulation by nuclear weapons, I believe, will happen after the rapture. And I do believe this is very soon. Peace, but not yet.

Hey MARANATHA,
I must say, we are very close in what we believe will happen. I agree with all of the above. And even that it will be very soon. I believe that our Lord is not only standing at the door, but He is the door. He's the way, the truth, and the life!! He is all in all. I believe He is even greater than we could possibly imagine. I can't wait to worship Him this morning.

Oh - I almost forgot to mention, that I believe Ezekiel 38 will have a double fulfillment or two phases. The first will be a short battle just after the rapture, but the main event will take place sometime after the 42 month reign of Anti-christ, in the second half of the tribulation and will go all the way to the end of the seven years. Christ will return and put an end to it, and we will be with Him in His Glory!!

With all that we know, it's no wonder why He didn't tell us everything. If He would have told all, then we would have no need to search and seek. See ya friend

Upvote 0
Thunder/my brother

I believe you are correct. It is probably best to describe Ezekiel 38 and 39, as the first battle that takes, place in the War we call Armageddon. According to Ezekiel, it will take 7 months to bury the dead in Israel. It also says that Israel will burn the weapons that are left laying around (probably the wood from the stocks of the AK and SK rifles) for 7 years. I believe GOD is telling us when this battle takes place, in HIS reference to a 7 year period. It happens right before the tribulation. With the end-result of this 1st battle being the anti-christ’s introduction to the world with a 7 year treaty for peace, which will start the tribulation. When the treaty is signed, this world has 2520 days till CHRIST physically returns. The tribulation saints can start counting the days down, and know when HE is coming. They will also be able to know the date of the abomination of desolation. It will happen 1260 days after the signing of the 7 year treaty. I believe the in second ½ of the tribulation there will be other battles that take place. What is left of Russia’s forces joining with the Chinese. Looking at the logistics of arming, moving, supplying, and feeding a 200 million man armed force, I believe it will take China several years to mobilize such a force. I believe they will begin there march on Taiwan, when the battle of Ezekiel 38 and 39 begins. They will slowly mass there 200 million man force, to move on the middle-east after that. I am sure of your studied awareness, from reading your other post, of the strategic value of controlling the land we call Israel. It is, for military purposes, the most strategic land in that region. It is a natural land bridge to 3 continents. It has been sought after through out history because of this. An invading army that controls this land can invade Europe, Asia, and Africa with ground forces. The anti-christ will attempt to control the region by signing the 7 year treaty with many. The kings of the east will make the bid for the land when the Euphrates River is dried up, near the end of the tribulation. When all out war is about to break out between the anti-christ and his armies, against the kings of the east, the whole sky opens up like a portal, and all the armies of heaven pour down from the opened portal from heaven. The anti-christ then make a truce with the kings of the east, to battle CHRIST and HIS armies. This is the final battle of the war of Armageddon. All the worlds armies are gathered here in this valley. It becomes the great winepress of the wrath of GOD. All those who have rejected CHRIST at this time are taken and gathered in this valley also. They are all killed by the two edge sword that speaks from the mouth of CHRIST. There will be a lake of blood and bodies, as deep as the horse’s bridles, 200 miles long. This is when the birds gather themselves, together to feast on these bodies. CHRIST then sets up HIS kingdom and rules for a 1000 years. I just love it, to know that I will take part in this great battle, and be on the winning side, oh, I do love it so. Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0

postrib

Feb 7, 2002
✟958.00
Faith
Christian
...Is nuclear war in prophecy?...
In the coming tribulation I believe we need to be prepared to see the possible use of nuclear weapons, which may be represented by the "great sword" of the 2nd horseman in Revelation: "And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a GREAT SWORD" (Revelation 6:4). Note that Revelation 6:8 says 1/4 of the earth dies as a result of this warfare and its resulting famines.

Other Biblical passages may also be describing the use of nuclear weapons: "Fire, and PILLARS OF SMOKE. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come" (Joel 2:30-31).

"So the king of the north shall come, and cast up a mount, and take the most fenced cities: and the arms of the south shall not withstand, neither his chosen people, NEITHER SHALL THERE BE ANY STRENGTH TO WITHSTAND. But he that cometh against him shall do according to his own will, and none shall stand before him: and he shall stand in the glorious land, which by his hand SHALL BE CONSUMED" (Daniel 11:15-16).

"Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel, And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked. Seeing then that I will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of his sheath AGAINST ALL FLESH from the south to the north: That all flesh may know that I the LORD have drawn forth my sword out of his sheath: it shall not return any more. Sigh therefore, thou son of man, with the breaking of thy loins; and with bitterness sigh before their eyes. And it shall be, when they say unto thee, Wherefore sighest thou? that thou shalt answer, For the tidings; because it cometh: and EVERY HEART SHALL MELT, and all hands shall be feeble, and every spirit shall faint, and all knees shall be weak as water: behold, it cometh, and shall be brought to pass, saith the Lord GOD. Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus saith the LORD; Say, A sword, a sword is sharpened, and also furbished: It is sharpened to make a sore slaughter; it is furbished that it may glitter: should we then make mirth? it contemneth the rod of my son, as every tree. And he hath given it to be furbished, that it may be handled: this sword is sharpened, and it is furbished, to give it into the hand of the slayer. Cry and howl, son of man: for it shall be upon my people, it shall be upon all the princes of Israel: terrors by reason of the sword shall be upon my people: smite therefore upon thy thigh. Because it is a trial, and what if the sword contemn even the rod? it shall be no more, saith the Lord GOD. Thou therefore, son of man, prophesy, and smite thine hands together, and let the sword be doubled the third time, the sword of the slain: it is the sword of the great men that are slain, which entereth into their PRIVY CHAMBERS. I have set the point of the sword against all their gates, that their heart may faint, and their ruins be multiplied: ah! IT IS MADE BRIGHT" (Ezekiel 21:2-15).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Postrib

I see the great sword of the 2nd seal, also as a reference to nuclear weapons. The other scripture you have posted are, I believe, the best descriptive that the authors had in their vocabulary, combined with their understanding, to describe what they saw at the time. Do you think the prophetic authors of the old testament all saw the same vision of the end, and that John saw this same vision for Revelation? I believe this is the case. There was so much information in this vision, GOD revealed it to several of the authors of the prophetic old testament. He then revealed it to John. I believe that they all saw the same vision, but from different sides of the street, if that makes since. What do you think? Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.