Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Whoops didn't realise that was a cursing word sorry !
What word did you use? [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]? or [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]?

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that Islam is the BEAST. The Beast has manifested itself throughout history, governed by SATAN in various empires: Babylon, Egypt, Medo/Persian, Assyrian, Greek, Roman but now the nations who are against Israel (and Israel has also been in the middle of Bible history) are Islamic nations. Cush, Put, Rosh, Meschec and Tubal, Togarmah, Gomer, etc are all Islamic regions now.
Listen, 3 horns have been plucked out: Qadhafi, Mubarek and Sadaam or soon to be Assad and then out of the remaining seven countries (some recently blocked from entering the U.S. btw), one little horn emerges. Iran wants Israel annihilated, most Muslims would be on board with that. This ISIS group have support of over 150 million Muslims worldwide. So why would anybody at this time think that the Beast would be some revised Roman Empire is beyond me. We are at the precipice, where good and evil will separate. The Great Tribulation may start as soon as 9-23-17, when a sign in the heavens appears: a woman clothed with the sun and the moon at her feet with 12 stars around her head. That week just so happens to be the Feast of Trumpets and they may start to blow. It also happens to be around 1260 days from the first blood moon in the tetrad - so that btw happens to be significant - don't you think. Four blood moons then this sign during the feasts and along with N. Korea, Iran, Russia being aggressive, there you have it. So the little horn is the Antichrist. People thought it was Obama or Putin. Some think it has to be a Jew. ??? No, the Antichrist attacks the Jews and who is more likely to do that? An Islamic leader.
Sounds plausible to me. :)

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What word did you use? [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]? or [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]?
I was trying to say he likes a pint or two at the village pub, like many Catholics do :)

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that Islam is the BEAST. The Beast has manifested itself throughout history, governed by SATAN in various empires: Babylon, Egypt, Medo/Persian, Assyrian, Greek, Roman but now the nations who are against Israel (and Israel has also been in the middle of Bible history) are Islamic nations. Cush, Put, Rosh, Meschec and Tubal, Togarmah, Gomer, etc are all Islamic regions now.
Listen, 3 horns have been plucked out: Qadhafi, Mubarek and Sadaam or soon to be Assad and then out of the remaining seven countries (some recently blocked from entering the U.S. btw), one little horn emerges. Iran wants Israel annihilated, most Muslims would be on board with that. This ISIS group have support of over 150 million Muslims worldwide. So why would anybody at this time think that the Beast would be some revised Roman Empire is beyond me. We are at the precipice, where good and evil will separate. The Great Tribulation may start as soon as 9-23-17, when a sign in the heavens appears: a woman clothed with the sun and the moon at her feet with 12 stars around her head. That week just so happens to be the Feast of Trumpets and they may start to blow. It also happens to be around 1260 days from the first blood moon in the tetrad - so that btw happens to be significant - don't you think. Four blood moons then this sign during the feasts and along with N. Korea, Iran, Russia being aggressive, there you have it. So the little horn is the Antichrist. People thought it was Obama or Putin. Some think it has to be a Jew. ??? No, the Antichrist attacks the Jews and who is more likely to do that? An Islamic leader.
I think the first beast raged through Christianity causing hate and separation and death. Foxes book of martyrs helps show how cruel Christianity became.I think you could be right that Islam is the second beast and it is raging through our society.

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have not tried to flame or goad you Monk Brendan. I clearly understand I hit a personal note; and for that I apologize.
Don't worry Keath, Monks are Christians too, he forgives you. :)

In Christ we trust and in Christ we shall be lifted. Lord let the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts be acceptable in your sight. Amen. :)

Reactions: Keath
Upvote 0

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Are we not allowed to intepretate the bible as Christians?

Where did you get the idea that you were?

I Peter says, "NO prophecy of scripture is of ANY private interpretation."

Or is it just to YOU that the Word of God has come?

Christ is risen!

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where did you get the idea that you were?

I Peter says, "NO prophecy of scripture is of ANY private interpretation."

Or is it just to YOU that the Word of God has come?

Christ is risen!
Sorry buddy, im just saying that there are lots of different interpretations of scripture, who is to say anyone else is right? Not one person on this earth can prove divine interperetion of the bible. Step down off your pedestal. :)

Upvote 0

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Acknowledged; I should have left it at false religion, which has found its way into various positions of power in various churches at various times in history. The Vatican has managed to not been immune to pagan elements and Babylonian mystery religion. However, from the personal side there are many God fearing, spirit-filled catholic believers who are faithful and worth of respect.
Please give just ONE pagan element, Keath.

Christ is risen!

Upvote 0

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Good news is I haven't had to open my mouth once on this forum, so you're safe. Maybe you should read "Babylon Mystery Religion: Ancient and Modern" and spend 3 years in healthy protestant church outside of the RCC, before you form an opinion about my opinion.
I was raised a protestant, but got saved and became Orthodox.

There's no such thing as a healthy Protestant church, as they are all deeply infected with Filioquism, the main Western heresy.

You might want to go to Ralph Woodrow's site, and find out just WHY he withdrew BABYLON MYSTERY RELIGION from publication.

Christ is risen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sorry buddy, im just saying that there are lots of different interpretations of scripture, who is to say anyone else is right? Not one person on this earth can prove divine interperetion of the bible. Step down off your pedestal. :)
The Orthodox Church, which Jesus Christ founded, is the only one to say who is right.

YOU step down off YOUR pedestal of claiming to have the right to interpret Scripture for yourself--a notion Scripture itself repudiates.

Christ is risen!

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Orthodox Church, which Jesus Christ founded, is the only one to say who is right.

YOU step down off YOUR pedestal of claiming to have the right to interpret Scripture for yourself--a notion Scripture itself repudiates.

Christ is risen!
Ah now your crawling out of the woodwork and showing your true colours. So only your church is correct lol What about everybody else, I suppose we are all doomed lool. Am I on the naughty list :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Ah now your crawling out of the woodwork and showing your true colours. So only your church is correct lol What about everybody else, I suppose we are all doomed lool. Am I on the naughty list :rolleyes:

Don't you think YOUR church is the only correct one?

if not, why are you a member of it?

According to Our Savior's promise, the Church that teaches all truth has to be out there somewhere.

Christ is risen!

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you look at verse 34 which we will call the "time-text" of Matthew 24: "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." This verse divides the chapter into two sections. What has gone before refers to the destruction of Jerusalem which did occur during the lifetime of the generation Jesus addressed. The section that follows refers to the Lord's second coming, the time for which is not indicated.

In verse 36 Jesus said, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only." That day is an expression frequently used in the new testament to refer to the day of judgment (Matthew 7:22; 2 Timothy 4:8). This verse (v.36) marks the transition between an earlier section (4-35) in which Jesus had given several definite signs of the destruction of Jerusalem and a later section (36-51) referring to the end of the world, in which no signs were given. To better understand what is meant by transition refer back to the definition about distinguished. It also might help one to understand what a "transition" word is. The "but" in verse 36 is transitioning from one subject to another.

The expression "that day and hour" in verse 36 connects the pronouncement "heaven and earth shall pass away" in verse 35--that day and hour being when heaven and earth shall pass away, and is therefore related to the Lord's second coming. In 2 Peter 3:10 it is declared that "the day of the Lord will come... in which the heavens shall pass away... the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." Thus the passing away of heaven and earth, mentioned in verse 35 of Matthew 24, shall be an event accompanying "the coming of the Son of man" in verses 36 and 37, and with these verses the Lord's discourse turns from the destruction of Jerusalem to the second coming of Christ.

Having clearly established the fact that the Lord discusses his second coming in Matthew 24, we can now call attention to the following ways in which the Lord distinguishes between the destruction of Jerusalem and his second coming. In Matthew 24:4-35 the Lord uses the plural "days" to describe the tribulation associated with the destruction of Jerusalem (see verses 19, 22, 29). In Jesus' reply to the question concerning the second coming (24:36-51 and 25:1-46) the singular "day" is used to refer to that event (24:36, 42, 44, 50 and 25:13).

In reply to the question concerning the destruction of Jerusalem, Jesus gave a rather specific sign. They ask the question "Tell us, when shall these things be?" In Matthew 24:15 Jesus said, "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation... stand in the holy place..." In his parallel account, Luke identifies the "abomination" which Jesus foretold as the encompassing of Jerusalem by the Roman army: " And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh" (Luke 21:20). In Matthew 24:33 Jesus said, " So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the door." He went on to say in verse 34, "this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." (compare also Matthew 24:36).

In contrast to the specific sign Jesus gave to them concerning the destruction of Jerusalem (4-35), Jesus acknowledged his own lack of knowledge of the time of his second coming: "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only."(24:36).

After describing the rather normal routine of life which would characterize the time prior to his second coming, in contrast to the turbulent time which would precede the destruction of Jerusalem, Jesus compared his second coming with the arrival of a "thief" (24:43-44). This comparison, which is also made in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3 and 2 Peter 3:10, has no moral connotation (an idea or feeling that a word invokes in addition to its literal or primary meaning.) but rather implies that as a thief gives no advanced announcement of his visit, neither will Christ give a prior notice of his second coming.

It is also important to note, that in verses 15-34 of Matthew 24, describes the actual events of the destruction of Jerusalem. It is very obvious that verses 15-28 cannot be in reference to the end of the world as people taking flight/ running away would not matter in the least if such were the case. Matthew 24:20, "But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter..." Why would Jesus give false hope of fleeing if this was talking about the end of the world?

You will clearly see that even secular history can support the evidence that the events in Matthew 24:4-35 have already come to pass. The "false messiahs" verses 4 and 5 already happened see Acts 5:33-37 and Josephus (secular writer) also mentions this in his books. Then to describe the verses 6-8 The predictions of "wars and rumors of wars" history is plum full of evidence of the turmoil Rome was faced with internally let alone externally especially from the period of Christ's death to the destruction of Jerusalem. Look it up. The predictions of "famine" take a look at Acts 11:28. Again already happened. The talk on "earthquakes" many of them. Look at secular history again one of the most famous of the earthquakes then was Pompeii Feb. 5th A.D. 66. The parts on christians being persecuted in verses 9-13 see to the bible Acts 4 and 5. Stephen was stoned to death Acts 6 and 7. Against the church Acts 8 and 9. James gets beheaded Acts 12. And Paul spoke of heavy persecution often see also 2 Timothy 1:15; 4:10, 16. False teachers Acts 20:29; Romans 16:17-18; 2 Peter 2:1; 1 John 4:1. Then look at verse 14 of Matthew 24 "gospel... preached in all the world...then the end will come" Now look at Colossians 1:6, 23.

Quick helpful reference chart Mat. 24

1. Key Text and The Context

a. "This generation shall not pass" v34 the "time-text" of the chapter

b. "but of that day and hour" v36 the "transition-text" of the chapter

c. The context: Culmination of prophecies and warnings

d. The disciples questions: 24:1-3

2. Signs of the Destruction of Jerusalem: 24:4-35

a. General Signs: 24:4-14

b. Specific Signs: 24:15-28

c. Apocalyptic Language: 24:29-33/ Similar language also used concerning:

i. The destruction of Babylon (Isaiah 13:10)

ii. The destruction of Edom (Isaiah 34:4-5)

iii. The destruction of Egypt (Ezekiel 32:7-8)

3. The End of the World: 24:36 through 25:46

a. Contrast between this (Mat.24:36-25:46) and the former section of Matthew 24 (Mat.24:4-35)

Jesus teaches the suddenness of the second coming (like a thief/ no signs, warnings, announcements).

Given the evidence of verses and secular writers such as Josephus, what did I overlook?

You've done some extensive work on this; you sound like a professor. I will have to challenge you on a number of verses. First of all, the question the disciples as was a three-part question. Jesus answers the question by going back and forth, outlining, then filling in details. You could start from vs. 5 and say that this was not fulfilled. Did many Christs come prior to 70 A.D. and make that claim? Or is it rather that he meant throughout the Church Age/generation that there would be many? vs. 6 Wars and rumors of wars? Was this also an occurrence the people of Jerusalem were concerned about? Only one really, that Rome would war against them. And then in vs 7, did the world experience "nation against nation, kingdom against kingdom" prior to 70A.D.? The Roman Empire had lasted until the fifth century. What nations or kingdoms were warring against each other prior to 70 A.D.? Vs. 9, "you will be hated by all nations ..."? Vs. 10-14 clearly describes a time that has nothing to do with Jerusalem, but way into the future, a time when the Christian faith had spread throughout the entire world. Jumping to vs 21 let's examine the statement, " ... great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now". The stress that came to Jerusalem in 70 A.D. was small change and had been surpassed in wars dozens of times over but this final end-time distress is outmatched, like never before. Even with the flood, the world was dead within days if not weeks except for Noah -- stress was short lived. The Great Tribulation will be 3 1/2 years and billions will die. vs. 22 "if those days weren't cut short no one would survive ..." This was not describing Jerusalem either.
vs. 29 describes either an eclipse or smoke from fire that blocks out the sun and then "stars falling from the sky" maybe meteors or missiles?
vs. 30, "the sign of the Son of Man that will appear in the sky ..." This very well may be the sign spoken of in Rev. 12:1, "a woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head" This sign will appear on 9-23-17.
vs. 31 "the trumpet call" This date happens to be during the Feast of Trumpets.

I think vs 14 is the key to when all this happens: "and this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world and then the end will come". We have about done that aye mate?

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have not tried to flame or goad you Monk Brendan. I clearly understand I hit a personal note; and for that I apologize.

But the thing is, you did defame the Catholic Church, and it is against the rules of the CF to do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You've done some extensive work on this; you sound like a professor. I will have to challenge you on a number of verses. First of all, the question the disciples as was a three-part question. Jesus answers the question by going back and forth, outlining, then filling in details. You could start from vs. 5 and say that this was not fulfilled. Did many Christs come prior to 70 A.D. and make that claim? Or is it rather that he meant throughout the Church Age/generation that there would be many? vs. 6 Wars and rumors of wars? Was this also an occurrence the people of Jerusalem were concerned about? Only one really, that Rome would war against them. And then in vs 7, did the world experience "nation against nation, kingdom against kingdom" prior to 70A.D.? The Roman Empire had lasted until the fifth century. What nations or kingdoms were warring against each other prior to 70 A.D.? Vs. 9, "you will be hated by all nations ..."? Vs. 10-14 clearly describes a time that has nothing to do with Jerusalem, but way into the future, a time when the Christian faith had spread throughout the entire world. Jumping to vs 21 let's examine the statement, " ... great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now". The stress that came to Jerusalem in 70 A.D. was small change and had been surpassed in wars dozens of times over but this final end-time distress is outmatched, like never before. Even with the flood, the world was dead within days if not weeks except for Noah -- stress was short lived. The Great Tribulation will be 3 1/2 years and billions will die. vs. 22 "if those days weren't cut short no one would survive ..." This was not describing Jerusalem either.
vs. 29 describes either an eclipse or smoke from fire that blocks out the sun and then "stars falling from the sky" maybe meteors or missiles?
vs. 30, "the sign of the Son of Man that will appear in the sky ..." This very well may be the sign spoken of in Rev. 12:1, "a woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head" This sign will appear on 9-23-17.

I think vs 14 is the key to when all this happens: "and this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world and then the end will come". We have about done that aye mate?
Could you say a little more about the woman clothed with the sun and the moon at her feet? Is this something we will see in the sky?

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But the thing is, you did defame the Catholic Church, and it is against the rules of the CF to do so.
I tend to agree with you monk, if there is going to be accusations flung around then it should have firm proof to back it up.

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

What do you think the sign of the son of man will be ? Will it be clear for all to see?

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello good sir,

Yes, I have done my studies. However, I am merely doing what the gospel asks of me anyway (2 Timothy 4:2; 1 Thessalonians 5:21 for example).

So as I was reading your thoughts on this matter and I realized that that is just all they are, is your thoughts/belief. None of it was backed by any other scripture, just opinion for each verse. At the end you said that the whole key is v 14. If this is what your thoughts hinge on, then might I turn your attention to these verses here:

Colossians 1:5-6 and 23. As you can see in these three verses, Paul contends with you that the gospel WAS preached to all the world at that time. Supposedly, the book of Colossians was done around 60 AD while Paul was imprisoned. Just ten years before 70 AD.

In conclusion, if you did place your entire bet on v.14 being the key, what Paul said in those three verses puts a rather large hole in your ideas on Matt. 24.

As for the rest of what you said verse by verse, you have no scriptural support for this. Just your opinions. What I have revealed in each post, harmonizes with multiple books of the bible such as Daniel, Revelation, Luke, and Matthew (among others not listed here). Throughout this thread I have revealed those scriptural supports.

See the example of the "the abomination of desolation": Luke totally harmonizes with Matthew 24:4-34. See Luke 21:20-32. We know for a fact, this already happened.

Also see this key verse here in Matthew 24:34. Jesus JUST got done speaking to them of all these "signs" and then tells them that "this generation shall not pass away, TILL ALL these things be fulfilled". Either there are some two thousand year old people walking around now or this already happened.

Now that just leaves you with the transition word I was talking about. Verse 36 of Matthew 24, "But of THAT DAY...". There will be no warnings, no signs, and no announcements. You can also read even further into it about the example of Noah and the flood in verses 37-39. Jesus will come like a "thief" and a thief will give no warning, they just come and your left surprised.

Lastly, the three parts you were talking about for the disciples questions. I only see two questions in verse 3 of Matt. 24.

"...the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

Question 1:Tell us, when shall these things be? (in reference to the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem)

Question 2:what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? (In reference to when the end of the world will be and IF there are signs) Verse 36 "but of that day..." no one knows but God the Father.

Maybe elaborate on the "three part" more as I didn't see where you explained that. Maybe I am missing it in your verse by verse thoughts.

Thank you sir for your polite and engaging discussion with me. May we hope to "reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Last edited:
Upvote 0