Ontario
✟8,145.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Basically, this happened in 2011 but this question still bugs me.

My sister was 8 years old (right after her first communion), when she got extremely ill. She began to have seizures and doctors found no conventional medications were working. She was rushed in an ambulance and went right from the Trauma unit to the ICU, after having worked on her for quite a while. She was intubated and was placed in a medically induced coma. She was seizing almost continuously for 3 weeks. Then they found a medication called "Lidocaine" which ended up working, but not before severe brain damage.

My sister was completely healthy and normal before, but afterward, she couldn't speak, couldn't read, couldn't write, amongst other things.

My main question here is: Is my old sister currently in heaven, is she trapped in the disabled body, or is she gone forever? :'(

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm so very sorry for your loss. May God grant you peace.

Yes, I believe she's in Heaven. Children are innocent... sure, they have sin, but they are still very much innocent. Jesus took the children that came to him up in his arms.

Some may debate that she's not in Heaven yet but will be when the resurrection comes... because when we die we "sleep", and then we are resurrected. Whatever the case is when we die, I believe she is in the "Good" side not the "Bad".

I believe she's with Jesus. I hope you find peace.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Ron1999

Dec 19, 2017
Ontario
✟8,145.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so very sorry for your loss. May God grant you peace.

Yes, she's in Heaven. Children are innocent... sure, they have sin, but they are still very much innocent. Jesus took the children that came to him up in his arms.

Some may debate that she's not in Heaven yet but will be when the resurrection comes... because when we die we "sleep", and then we are resurrected. Whatever the case is when we die, rest assured she is in the "Good" side not the "Bad".

She's with Jesus. I hope you find peace.
I'm just so afraid that she's trapped in her disabled body, you know? Like, I want her to be happy in Heaven, not be trapped in a disabled body

Upvote 0

Ron1999

Dec 19, 2017
Ontario
✟8,145.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She's not trapped and not in any pain at all.
I hope not. Does she still acknowledge what we say to her? Like, she's still alive but with severe brain damage, but sometimes when I talk to her, I almost feel a connection, like she's understood me.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Welcome to the forums, Ron1999, and may God grant you peace and bless your time here. We should trust in God's love and mercy, especially concerning young children. You should feel confident that your sister is not trapped in her disabled body and not in any pain.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Ron1999

Dec 19, 2017
Ontario
✟8,145.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the forums, Ron1999, and may God grant you peace and bless your time here. We should trust in God's love and mercy, especially concerning young children. You should feel confident that your sister is not trapped in her disabled body and not in any pain.
Thank you. So she's in heaven? :'(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ron1999

Dec 19, 2017
Ontario
✟8,145.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We do not know for certain that any particular person is in Heaven. Only God knows that. However, it seems quite likely that she is in Heaven or at least in a better place than she was here on Earth.
Okay, thank you :'( Because I'm just so worried that she's stuck in her body that bothers me so much! She deserves so much more than that. I still remember the sweet little girl with freckles on her face :'(, to think that she could be stuck, anywhere, lonely, saddens me so much.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I hope not. Does she still acknowledge what we say to her? Like, she's still alive but with severe brain damage, but sometimes when I talk to her, I almost feel a connection, like she's understood me.
That I don't know for certain. I know the Bible says we sleep. For me, I don't limit God, so it could very well be that he lets your sister hear your words.

Upvote 0

Ron1999

Dec 19, 2017
Ontario
✟8,145.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That I don't know for certain. I know the Bible says we sleep. For me, I don't limit God, so it could very well be that he lets your sister hear your words.
Okay :'(, I really hope she hears what I say, because the last thing I said to her before her brain injury was something that made her cry :'(.... I just really hope that I can make that up to her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ron1999

Dec 19, 2017
Ontario
✟8,145.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She might be. She could be in her dreams right now. We'll never know. Bless you and her! God will take care of her and you no matter what happens.
She better not be trapped in her body! I'd literally kill for her spot! Just, God, please switch us two..

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She's st home. She has been for years. The neurologist(s) said that she's fine. Is she in heaven?
I have no idea but my sympathy to you and family and may God strengthen you in this situation.

I believe God has entrusted this child's care unto your family, everything you have done for her is the same that you do it for the Lord and God will reward your family and gather all of us together one day. in Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My main question here is: Is my old sister currently in heaven, is she trapped in the disabled body, or is she gone forever? :'(

After Jesus received His resurrected body
he had no ill effects from His death, could
be unseen in a crowd, travel long distances
instantly, and eventually floated up into the sky.
Likely our resurrected bodies are like that.

Upvote 0