Is monothiesm really different from other beliefs in God?

BlackSabbath

Dec 31, 2017
Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I figured that monothiesm negates and dealt with the problems of all other prior religions and spiritual beliefs systems and avoids the problrms of things like false idol worship by making it clear that there is supposedly only one God or source from which all life, existence emanates and originates from.

Is this true though, is this distinction really that different from all other religions or beleifs in God? I particularly liked this as I believe it acts as fail safe against attempts at total subjugation, bondage or surfdom.

I thought then Christianity if followed correctly was really the best manner of adhering to a clear relationship with God and the laws governing God universe. The fact thst it makes this distincton is why I started believing in Christianity more...

I thought, if you believe in God or are even agnostic, why not believd in the bible since thst is what it is about?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I figured that monothiesm negates and dealt with the problems of all other prior religions and spiritual beliefs systems and avoids the problrms of things like false idol worship by making it clear that there is supposedly only one God or source from which all life, existence emanates and originates from.

Is this true though, is this distinction really that different from all other religions or beleifs in God? I particularly liked this as I believe it acts as fail safe against attempts at total subjugation, bondage or surfdom.

I thought then Christianity if followed correctly was really the best manner of adhering to a clear relationship with God and the laws governing God universe. The fact thst it makes this distincton is why I started believing in Christianity more...

I thought, if you believe in God or are even agnostic, why not believd in the bible since thst is what it is about?

Jesus taught that He was from the Father, but also carried the Spirit of the Father as part of Him, so it is different from Monotheism.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
there is supposedly only one God or source from which all life, existence emanates and originates from.

Is this true though, is this distinction really that different from all other religions or beleifs in God?

So which God is the one true God?

Rather than get bogged down in examining different monothestic beliefs. Start by examining the historical facts for Jesus's life, death, burial and resurrection.

Basicly if Jesus did not rise from the dead there is no Christianity and you can move on to another belief.

I'd start with coldcasechristianity and see where it takes you.

Upvote 0