Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I mean, while it is true that Israelites and Canaanites were essentially the same genetically, I'm not sure if it'd be correct to say they were all brown (Which you didn't say, but it kinda sounds like what you're implying). I'm not claiming they were pure Anglo-Saxons or something like that, I'll leave that to 16-year-old edgy teens on Twitter, and a vast amount of them were brown-skinned, but Levantines also generally are somewhat light-skinned. Again, you'll almost never find a blue-eyed, particularly tall, blond Levantine, but a lot of Levantines do have light skin or brown skin with hazel eyes, or light skin and hazel eyes, etc. (Speaking as someone who is Levantine by paternal side)

I'd only want to say that by "brown" I don't necessarily mean light-skinned. Just look at South Asian people, they range from dark to light, and all between--but they are still brown. In comparison to say, me, a person of Northern and Central European descent with fair white skin, blue eyes, and red hair.

One can be white and light or dark, black and light or dark, brown and light or dark. So by "brown" I mean as it pertains to people, broadly, from the Middle East. Which would include fair and dark skinned individuals.

That is, they weren't Anglo-Saxon/Germanic/Nordic blonde, blue eyed, etc. They were Middle-Easterners.

I would also caution against using all modern Levantine people as a metric for historic phenotypes. The influx of Ashkenazi Jews (of historic central and eastern European descent) will have brought with them those same phenotypes. Which is to say, the immigration of white Jews to the Middle East in the modern era shouldn't skew more ancient demographics.

(Also, I had seen the Iron Cross and thought it was a bit sus because he was making anti-race-mixing remarks, but since he's non-denom I figured out he just likes the Prussians or something since most non-denoms are dispensationalists, I hadn't realized he has 88 in his username.)

I'd hate to be paranoid, but my eyebrows were raised.

On an unrelated note, it's pretty cool to see a Lutheran around here, what Synod are you a part of, if I may ask?

We're an uncommon bunch here, but we're around.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Nj_
Upvote 0

JohnPaul88

A Soldier In God Army.
Dec 18, 2021
Trenton
✟38,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Israelites and Canannites were racially indistinguishable, both were brown, Semitic, Levantine people.

Question: Were you born in 1988, or does the number 88 mean something else to you?

-CryptoLutheran
What do you think 88 means?

Upvote 0

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many people have struggled with this question and can not find the answer that they seek. I'm curious as to what you might think on this subject.
We are different colours on the physical plane. Our original spirit that is from God is the same.
May god bless you

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

It depends on the context. That's why I'm asking for the context.

I find it disconcerting that someone with an iron cross avatar and the number 88 in their name is here speaking against inter-racial marriage. I'm hoping it means nothing and it's just a coincidence. But I'd rather get it from the source.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Nj_

Apr 20, 2022
Minnesota
✟20,194.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, so 88 is often used online to mean HH (Heil Hitler). Most people who have 88 in their Username were probably born in 1988 or the algorithm gave them the number, but when you have an Iron Cross the 88 becomes a little bit suspicious.

Upvote 0

JohnPaul88

A Soldier In God Army.
Dec 18, 2021
Trenton
✟38,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It depends on the context. That's why I'm asking for the context.

I find it disconcerting that someone with an iron cross avatar and the number 88 in their name is here speaking against inter-racial marriage. I'm hoping it means nothing and it's just a coincidence. But I'd rather get it from the source.

-CryptoLutheran
It’s a Templar Cross not an Iron Cross and 88 is the month and day I was born.

What else could 88 mean? It’s just a number and I’m not against mixed marriage just saying what I read in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Nj_

Apr 20, 2022
Minnesota
✟20,194.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single

What else could 88 mean? It’s just a number and I’m not against mixed marriage just saying what I read in the Bible.
It actually is an Iron Cross, this is the Templar cross
main-qimg-abeeb7cdfa8b9613cf71eece9ec99f6d
The closest thing you'll find in the Medieval period is a cross used by the Teutonic Order, but even that one was different from the Iron Cross
1200px-Coa_Illustration_Cross_Teutonic_Order.svg.png

Upvote 0

JohnPaul88

A Soldier In God Army.
Dec 18, 2021
Trenton
✟38,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It actually is an Iron Cross, this is the Templar cross
main-qimg-abeeb7cdfa8b9613cf71eece9ec99f6d

The closest thing you'll find in the Medieval period is a cross used by the Teutonic Order, but even that one was different from the Iron Cross
1200px-Coa_Illustration_Cross_Teutonic_Order.svg.png
An Iron Cross with the Crown of Thorns hanging off it? I can assure you it is not an Iron Cross, at least not to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

The number 88 is used by Neo-Nazis and other white supremacist groups. 88 in their twisted little hell world is code for HH (H is the 8th letter of the alphabet), and HH is short for "Heil Hitler".

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnPaul88

A Soldier In God Army.
Dec 18, 2021
Trenton
✟38,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The number 88 is used by Neo-Nazis and other white supremacist groups. 88 in their twisted little hell world is code for HH (H is the 8th letter of the alphabet), and HH is short for "Heil Hitler".

-CryptoLutheran
Well that’s not why I’m using it, I already explained what the 88 stands for, I never even knew that about 88 signifying Heil Hitler, I can assure I’m not using 88 for that reason nor am I Nazi sympathizer.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well that’s not why I’m using it, I already explained what the 88 stands for, I never even knew that about 88 signifying Heil Hitler, I can assure I’m not using 88 for that reason nor am I Nazi sympathizer.

I'm relieved to be wrong, and I apologize for my paranoid concern.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

kdm1984

WELS
Oct 8, 2016
SW MO, USA
✟38,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. The Bible only recognizes Jew and Gentile. When Jews intermarried with others, their sin was marrying people openly hostile to the faith, not an ethnic thing. Those passages have to be read in that proper context. There might be some challenges in these marriages nowadays because of social differences, but mixed marriage is not a sin per the Bible.

Upvote 0