✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus knows us 24/7/365.25

It is totally wrong to say that "Jesus doesn't even know us".

John 10:14-15, “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 10:27, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

Unless he means these in particular, for example

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

And this next one shows these are doing the following in his name

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied (( in thy name)) and (( in thy name)) have cast out devils and (( in thy name )) done many wonderful works?

These are told to depart from him on the basis of them working iniquity

Mat 7:23 (( And then )) will I profess unto them, I never (( knew you )) depart from me, (( ye )) that work iniquity.

Maybe this was something Paul understood when he wrote to those who name the name of Christ to depart from such iniquity

2 Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal,
The Lord (( knoweth them )) that are his. And, Let every one (( that nameth )) the name of Christ (( depart )) from iniquity.

So we have the assurance that

... The Lord (( knoweth them )) that are his.

And in the other (who are naming his name) he will say,

.... I profess unto them, I never (( knew you ))

And we have Paul admonishing those who name his name saying

... Let every one (( that nameth )) the name of Christ (( depart )) from iniquity.

Could it be that Paul understood that picture, and that there would be those naming the name of Christ who were working iniquity unto whom Jesus would say

... I never (( knew you )) depart from me, (( ye )) that work iniquity.

Seems to show an either or.

Either depart from working inquity or depart from him (who work iniquity).

So there is a reference to the Lord knowing those that are His (who name his name) but also those who name his name who work iniquity. An admonishment from Paul to depart from the same and then Jesus telling those who work iniquity (and name his name) to depart from him.

Theres at least an example for us to see there. Although I don't know if this is what studyman is pointing out I didnt see him clarify that, but by looking into it it does show perhaps those who name his name (and depart from iniquity) and those who name his name (and do not) and who are told to depart from Jesus.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟327,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unless he means these in particular, for example

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

And this next one shows these are doing the following in his name

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied (( in thy name)) and (( in thy name)) have cast out devils and (( in thy name )) done many wonderful works?

These are told to depart from him on the basis of them working iniquity

Mat 7:23 (( And then )) will I profess unto them, I never (( knew you )) depart from me, (( ye )) that work iniquity.

Maybe this was something Paul understood when he wrote to those who name the name of Christ to depart from such iniquity

2 Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal,
The Lord
(( knoweth them )) that are his. And, Let every one (( that nameth )) the name of Christ (( depart )) from iniquity.

So we have the assurance that

... The Lord (( knoweth them )) that are his.

And in the other (who are naming his name) he will say,

.... I profess unto them, I never (( knew you ))

And we have Paul admonishing those who name his name saying

... Let every one (( that nameth )) the name of Christ (( depart )) from iniquity.

Could it be that Paul understood that picture, and that there would be those naming the name of Christ who were working iniquity unto whom Jesus would say

... I never (( knew you )) depart from me, (( ye )) that work iniquity.

Seems to show an either or.

Either depart from working inquity or depart from him (who work iniquity).

So there is a reference to the Lord knowing those that are His (who name his name) but also those who name his name who work iniquity. An admonishment from Paul to depart from the same and then Jesus telling those who work iniquity (and name his name) to depart from him.

Theres at least an example for us to see there. Although I don't know if this is what studyman is pointing out I didnt see him clarify that, but by looking into it it does show perhaps those who name his name (and depart from iniquity) and those who name his name (and do not) and who are told to depart from Jesus.

This is a wonderful and perfect representation of my understanding of these Scriptures.

The main deception which permeates religious philosophies in this land I was born into, as I see it, is people refusal to accept the difference between God's Good, Holy, Just, and Perfect Laws, which define "Iniquity", and the Temporary Atonement Covenant God made with Levi that God ADDED to these Laws 430 years after Abraham "Departed from Iniquity".

Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

When a person understands the "Works of the Law" of atonement God Added, "Til the Seed should come", they will understand why Paul teaches no Flesh is justified by these atonement "Works" of the Law.

I wish I had your skills in explaining myself, and maybe you can put in your 2 cents.

But the way it makes sense to me is to ask the question, "In the Covenant God made with Levi on Israel's behalf, what was required by Law if a man transgressed God's Commandments, AKA "Sinned"?

Did Moses tell that man to "Love your neighbor as thyself, and your sins are forgiven"? Did Moses say to a man that sinned, "Keep the Sabbath Holy" and Your sins are forgiven?"

No, here is what the "Law of Atonement" says.

Lev. 4:27 And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty;

28 Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned.

29 And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering.

30 And the priest shall take of the blood thereof with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar.

31 And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat is taken away from off the sacrifice of peace offerings; and the priest shall burn it upon the altar for a sweet savour unto the LORD; and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him.

The Pharisees didn't believe Jesus was our New High Priest, so they were still requiring these sacrificial "Works" for atonement/justification.

Paul explains;

Rom. 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier (Not the Levite Priest according to the Covenant God made with Levi)of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Ex. 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. (Like Abraham, Noah, Caleb, Zacharias, Simeon, and every example of Faith in the Bible)

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by (The Law of) faith without the deeds of the law. (Of Works for Atonement)

As Paul also said in Roman's 2.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. (Like every example of Faith in the Bible)

And again;

1 Cor. 7:19 Circumcision (Jew) is nothing, and uncircumcision (Gentile) is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

"Departing from Iniquity".

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a wonderful and perfect representation of my understanding of these Scriptures.

The main deception which permeates religious philosophies in this land I was born into, as I see it, is people refusal to accept the difference between God's Good, Holy, Just, and Perfect Laws, which define "Iniquity", and the Temporary Atonement Covenant God made with Levi that God ADDED to these Laws 430 years after Abraham "Departed from Iniquity".

Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

When a person understands the "Works of the Law" of atonement God Added, "Til the Seed should come", they will understand why Paul teaches no Flesh is justified by these atonement "Works" of the Law.

I wish I had your skills in explaining myself, and maybe you can put in your 2 cents.

But the way it makes sense to me is to ask the question, "In the Covenant God made with Levi on Israel's behalf, what was required by Law if a man transgressed God's Commandments, AKA "Sinned"?

Did Moses tell that man to "Love your neighbor as thyself, and your sins are forgiven"? Did Moses say to a man that sinned, "Keep the Sabbath Holy" and Your sins are forgiven?"

No, here is what the "Law of Atonement" says.

Lev. 4:27 And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty;

28 Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned.

29 And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering.

30 And the priest shall take of the blood thereof with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar.

31 And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat is taken away from off the sacrifice of peace offerings; and the priest shall burn it upon the altar for a sweet savour unto the LORD; and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him.

The Pharisees didn't believe Jesus was our New High Priest, so they were still requiring these sacrificial "Works" for atonement/justification.

Paul explains;

Rom. 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier (Not the Levite Priest according to the Covenant God made with Levi)of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Ex. 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. (Like Abraham, Noah, Caleb, Zacharias, Simeon, and every example of Faith in the Bible)

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by (The Law of) faith without the deeds of the law. (Of Works for Atonement)

As Paul also said in Roman's 2.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. (Like every example of Faith in the Bible)

And again;

1 Cor. 7:19 Circumcision (Jew) is nothing, and uncircumcision (Gentile) is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

"Departing from Iniquity".

Peace to you Studyman, I'm glad I was able to understand where you were coming from there and help clarify things. You are doing fine. I love to read the posts of those who are digging into things whether I agree or not or whether I get it yet or not. But I cannot add anything of value to this one, so my two cents would be a bit worthless at this time. Gotta sit this one out and just be a reader on the sidelines :)

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟327,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace to you Studyman, I'm glad I was able to understand where you were coming from there and help clarify things. You are doing fine. I love to read the posts of those who are digging into things whether I agree or not or whether I get it yet or not. But I cannot add anything of value to this one, so my two cents would be a bit worthless at this time. Gotta sit this one out and just be a reader on the sidelines :)

Thanks,

I had trouble understanding Paul until I learned what "works of the LAW" for justification existed "Before the Seed came". It was an understanding I gained through study, not reading existing religious philosophy as it isn't really taught. This made it possible for me to understand what "Iniquity" is, through Paul's perspective, (Pharisee of Pharisees) when we understand the difference between God's Laws that define Iniquity, and the Temporary Levitical Priesthood "LAW" ADDED 430 years after Abraham obeyed, because of Iniquity.

It's a great study, but one that brings challenge and question to many popular existing religious doctrines. So not many are interested since they have been convinced they are all set.

I really liked your posts and the simplicity of the truth behind them.

God's Speed my friend.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think it depends on whether a Moslem is actually anti Christian in their disposition. I believe Romans 2 addresses much of the situation of an individual on a purely individual basis. The Lord mentions unbelief as condemnation within John 3:16-21. He also explains that those who do good come to the light. Later in John 5:22-30 the Lord ultimately explains the salvation of the good vs the evil. Christians have an assurance of salvation in the Lord ( Hebrews 6:11, Hebrews 10:22 etc.) it seems many non Christians will saved at the great white throne of judgment ( Revelation 20:11-15) but only God knows who.

Note on the reference to “assurance” from Hebrews I mentioned, per the KJV:

Hebrews 6:11
King James Version

11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

Hebrews 10:22
King James Version

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Matthew 7:21, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven—only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven."

It's quite straight-forward. Whoever does God's will enters into the kingdom of heaven. Just saying "Lord, Lord" doesn't mean much, as it lacks the required action. In context however, the meaning is expanded in the following verses...

"On that day, many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many powerful deeds in your name?’ Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!"

It clearly refers to believers who didn't have God's wishes as their motivation.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟327,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 7:21, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven—only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven."

It's quite straight-forward. Whoever does God's will enters into the kingdom of heaven. Just saying "Lord, Lord" doesn't mean much, as it lacks the required action. In context however, the meaning is expanded in the following verses...

"On that day, many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many powerful deeds in your name?’ Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!"

It clearly refers to believers who didn't have God's wishes as their motivation.

Yes, There are "children of disobedience" and there are "children of Obedience".

Eph. 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

The Mainstream religions of Jesus' Time claimed belief in God, but they "Transgressed God's Commandments" by their own religious traditions. They walked "according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air". Jesus confirms this in John.

Jn. 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Jesus, both as the Word of God, and as the Unblemished Lamb of God, tells us what we need to "endure to the end" if folks would just believe HIM.

Duet. 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

13 To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

Matt. 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Same Word, Same Christ, Same instruction.

So how do we know we are not being led astray by the same traditional mainstream religion that turned God's people away from Him in Jesus' Time, and before and after?

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

And Jesus warns His True Followers of this very thing.

Matt. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Upvote 0