newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1 Against self gratification? Then....don't eat chocolate,warm coffee etc.

2 There is LUST (inordinate desire)

Then there is normal sexual desire

PLEASE note the difference!

3 verse,"Look on a woman.....you commit adultery".

What if you're alone in your room(so can't be looking at a woman) AND you are single thinking of a single gal. It can't be adultery!

THINK it through!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get so embarrassed when I read the mb threads.

3 verse,"Look on a woman.....you commit adultery".

What if you're alone in your room(so can't be looking at a woman) AND you are single thinking of a single gal. It can't be adultery!

Come on,you can disagree but please make sense.

then you are Unrightfully illiciting fleshly desires which you have no right to fulfill - (lasciviousness) you are also seeking to fulfill the desires of the flesh not the spirit - So what is the sin ?.. the point that you are missing is that you are not seeking to walk in the Spirit .. that's where the sin occurs .. the masturbation is the fruit of it which brings death. no one who claims to be a follower of the lord Jesus is called to walk i the flesh but to deny it and obey the Holy Spirit . the very reason a christian finds themselves in masturbation (unrightfully fulfilling the fleshes desire OVER the Spirits desire ) is because they have already sinned by not following and obeying the Holy Spirit . that is where sin took place .. as all sin begins in the intent of the heart ..( ref James ch 1 .)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

karykay

Nov 19, 2013
✟8,347.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi I have been reading a few of your post and decide to tell you what's going on with me. First let me go back in time to when I was 12 years old the time of physical change. I had a hard time with the desire for sex physical and mentally. I had been taught sex was wrong and only for marriage. My high school life was terrible because I felt bad about what I was doing, secretly masturbating at home. I would dare not have sex for it scared me and new it was wrong to do it out of wedlock. By the time I reached my 20's it eased off and in my 30's I finally turned to God and asked for forgiveness and help. I never masturbated again till now. I am not married and have never been married and still a virgin. But now I am going through menopause so my hormones are all upside down and it is causing the problem all over again.
I have prayed but I get no help. And I feel guilty and disgusted, my only hope is to wait till my body stops changing.
I now know why Apostle Paul said about struggling with lust that you must find a mate. But that is easier said than done.

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
karykay said:
Hi I have been reading a few of your post and decide to tell you what's going on with me. First let me go back in time to when I was 12 years old the time of physical change. I had a hard time with the desire for sex physical and mentally. I had been taught sex was wrong and only for marriage. My high school life was terrible because I felt bad about what I was doing, secretly masturbating at home. I would dare not have sex for it scared me and new it was wrong to do it out of wedlock. By the time I reached my 20's it eased off and in my 30's I finally turned to God and asked for forgiveness and help. I never masturbated again till now. I am not married and have never been married and still a virgin. But now I am going through menopause so my hormones are all upside down and it is causing the problem all over again.
I have prayed but I get no help. And I feel guilty and disgusted, my only hope is to wait till my body stops changing.
I now know why Apostle Paul said about struggling with lust that you must find a mate. But that is easier said than done.

Don't be too hard on yourself sister.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 23, 2013
✟7,615.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
The bottom is the true gospel, that might cure your masturbation problem if you are an elect. Your sinful nature needs to be removed by God and replaced with a new holy nature where its natural not to sin. Also your lustful desires needs to be destroyed by God.

After God gave me the Holy Spirit, I found proof that TV, movies, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons. I found out that in them there is stealing, adultery, fornication which is sex before marriage, revenge, jealousy, pride, using God's name in vain as a curse word, they are all idols (breaks 2nd Commandment) because most people can’t live without them and they love them more than God and more. Just read the 10 commandments for a list. But if you are one of God’s elects and God gives you the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is the permanent cure to boredom but it is only given to God’s elects who suffer the most in this world since they were physically born. Ex: Me I have a learning disability, was bullied most of my life, never experienced love from family and friends, judged by my family in everything I did (Before I was saved and after I was saved), never fitted in-no matter how hard I tried (The reason is because I am one of God’s elects, which I didn’t know before I was saved), have been in depression, no purpose in life, no hope, have hit rock bottom in my life, been hated by the world for no reason since I was physically born (John 15:18-19) and much more.

Now I will be preaching about how to receive the Holy Spirit and be 100% going to Heaven.
First, it's only by the grace of God that he gives you faith in Jesus Christ in order to give up your sins. It’s only by the grace of God that he leads you to pray to him to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. When you pray to God to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV, Satan will intervene and extremely tempt you in watching the TV. But if it's God's will and if you are one of God’s elects, you will overcome it and God will destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. After God has destroyed all your evil desires of watching TV and if you are one of God’s elects, you receive the joy of the Holy Spirit for about 40 minutes. After the joy wears off, all existence of boredom no longer exists and you no longer burn out (psychology) anymore. That is when you have received the Holy Spirit.
Then it's by the grace of God that he forgives you of your sins, as you confess and repent of your sins throughout your life which is called sanctification. But you can watch Christian stuff that don't have sins (Like sermons) because that helps you grow more mature as a Christian spiritually.

Just so you know Jesus had to endure the punishment for God’s elects sins which is Hell-Hellfire, which is extreme love and mercy. Read the bottom of what Jesus had to endure in Hell.
Lazarus and the rich man Luke 16:19-31
Extreme Dehydration, rich man begs for a drop of water.
Luke 16:24
King James Version (KJV)
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
A place of outer darkness Matthew 8:12
A place of no rest Revelation 14:11
A place of blackness and darkness forever Jude 13
A place where people are tormented with fire and brimstone Revelation 14:10
Extreme pain since you are in everlasting fire.

If Jesus didn’t die on the cross and endure Hell which is the punishment for sin, God would still be just in sending us all to Hell because we are all guilty of our sins. Remember TV, movies, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons. Just read the 10 commandments for a list. But God was willing to have some mercy, which we don’t deserve because we are all guilty of our sins. At least God was willing to have at least some mercy, better than no mercy at all.

Isaiah 1:9
King James Version (KJV)

9 Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant (God’s elects), we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Romans 9:29
King James Version (KJV)

29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed (God’s elects), we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

If God didn’t chose anybody to be saved, God would still be just in sending us all to the lake of fire which we all deserve because we are all guilty of our sins. Be thankful that God was willing to have some undeserved mercy, which is better than no mercy at all.

It would help if someone can translate all of this into different languages like Spanish, Russian, French and more. Than I can spread the gospel on different social medias to people that speak these languages.

P.S don’t try to justify your sins or make excuses for your sins or find loopholes in the bible.

That’s about it.

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

It was nice to read your post, some of the longer winded ones here seem to be filled with self-righteousness. Christ redeemed our spirits, he has yet to redeem our flesh, for flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. So we daily battle with our flesh in ALL areas. And we ALL no matter how righteous we think we are fall short. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It was nice to read your post, some of the longer winded ones here seem to be filled with self-righteousness. Christ redeemed our spirits, he has yet to redeem our flesh, for flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. So we daily battle with our flesh in ALL areas. And we ALL no matter how righteous we think we are fall short. God Bless.

That's pagan thinking not Christian. "Jesus saves wholes not souls" is a neat summary of Christian belief.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by dragongunner
That's pagan thinking not Christian. "Jesus saves wholes not souls" is a neat summary of Christian belief.

John
NZ
im sure he didnt mean it that way

but it is true we need not fall short... no need to at all.our flesh only strives against the spirit in so much as we desire to fulfill its evil desire..but if we,by faith,reckon it to be dead in Christ by the cross then we walk in obedience to the holy spirit and will not sin nor strive to not .but we enter into the rest of Jesus and abide in him victoriously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

John
NZ

Don't get what your saying is pagan...but willing to learn. Seems to me if my flesh was saved then there would be no more struggle with sin, we would no longer have to daily pick up our cross....flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God....All our righteousness is but filthy rags.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Don't get what your saying is pagan...but willing to learn. Seems to me if my flesh was saved then there would be no more struggle with sin, we would no longer have to daily pick up our cross....flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God....All our righteousness is but filthy rags.

See if this helps.

Greek thinking clearly separated the spiritual from the physical or natural. The spiritual was clearly superior to the latter. In contrast Jewish and subsequent NT writers followed more along Jewish teaching of being an integrated soul/spirit entity, which is easily understood from a Christian perspective by having to account for the incarnation.

We remain mortal, subject to limitations and finally death. We can chose to live independently of relationship with God, making all our own decisions. It is not until the resurrection that we acquire new bodies fit for living in a renewed earth. It is our living independently of God that is called 'flesh' in Paul's letters, not that we live in a mortal body.

Your 'flesh and blood' comment. That was written in the context of Paul teaching about the resurrection and our new bodies. He was teaching that our current bodies are not fully fit for the new order we will live in then. Consequently we will need new bodies, just as Jesus had post resurrection. Do note that we need a body to live in eternity. We will not be in some kind of 'spiritual' mode, which is how pagans, especially the Greeks saw the afterlife. Since earth is our home a renewed Eden necessitates bodies to live in it.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

2 There is lust (inordinate desire)

3 oft quoted verse,"Look on a woman.....you commit adultery".

THINK it through!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2 There is lust (inordinate desire)

3 oft quoted verse,"Look on a woman.....you commit adultery".

THINK it through!
iv never observed you ever promote spiritual holiness over flesh yet.
my conscience is god given,if i gratify my flesh in this manner the holy spirit tells me the instant the inclination of the flesh is active and convicts of its error ,so i obey the holy spirit to follow after the will of the spirit and leave the will of the flesh dead on the cross. are you implying i should ignore the Holy spirit and do what my flesh desires because what my flesh desires is natural?
i shall not, for what is natural is also carnal and not spiritual and our God is over and above what is carnal for what is carnal is both natural and also temporal..it shall pass away by fire.so i shall not follow the desire of that which passes away by fire.but shall follow the holy spirit and obey him..for his work in me will stand trial of fire and pass through as gems before god..but works of the flesh will be consumed as dross .

Upvote 0