Sep 4, 2012
panabo City, Davao del Norte, Mindanao, Philippine
Visit site
✟15,185.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
The verses surrounding this are speaking about boasting about things you have yet to do, and it is most likely that this refers to doing something good now instead of doing something good later for we are not sure we will be here.

we always have an option. "i think" it depends on ourselves if we are sure we'll be here or not.

Upvote 0

rochie545

Born Again Christian
Sep 4, 2012
panabo City, Davao del Norte, Mindanao, Philippine
Visit site
✟15,185.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you that she can remarry?

do i think she can remarry? paul said in 1 corinthians 7.39-40
39 A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord. 40 In my judgment, she is happier if she stays as she is—and I think that I too have the Spirit of God.

so in my opinion in your question. if the husband abuses her wife then her wife is free to divorce and remarry but she can marry again a believer. paul said "but he must belong to the Lord"

take note of the verse 8 and 9 of chapter 7
8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

it depends on her if she'll marry a believer or unbeliever.

Upvote 0

Person of

Ο άγγελος του υποκόσμου
Aug 25, 2012
Dallas, Texas
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
do i think she can remarry? paul said in 1 corinthians 7.39-40
39 A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord. 40 In my judgment, she is happier if she stays as she is—and I think that I too have the Spirit of God.

so in my opinion in your question. if the husband abuses her wife then her wife is free to divorce and remarry but she can marry again a believer. paul said "but he must belong to the Lord"

take note of the verse 8 and 9 of chapter 7
8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

it depends on her if she'll marry a believer or unbeliever.
You didn't address my question. The scriptures you gave have to do with a widow. I'm asking if you believe it's okay for a woman to divorce an abusive husband and remarry.

Upvote 0