Visit site
✟7,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
nope of course not. God said that there are no such big or small sin. if the other is fornication, the other is masturbation then they are still wrong in God's eyes. why? is it hard to purify?

Yes.

Upvote 0

Person of

Ο άγγελος του υποκόσμου
Aug 25, 2012
Dallas, Texas
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
well, in my own opinion. it is written in the bible that our body is God's temple and called church. if you touch then you disgust the church which is your body.
But how is masturbation disgusting? Where did your beliefs in it being immoral come from?

Upvote 0

rochie545

Born Again Christian
Sep 4, 2012
panabo City, Davao del Norte, Mindanao, Philippine
Visit site
✟15,185.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
But how is masturbation disgusting? Where did your beliefs in it being immoral come from?

instincts. i dunno if thats belief. what i know is thats my opinion. and whatever you'll say im gonna respect y`all guys. haha. anyways, i find it disgusting cause if it is righteous why did God displease in spilling seed then?
and then gave punishment. it does not belong to law neither faith. so how come it is masturbation right in front of God?

Upvote 0

OrenG

Aug 19, 2012
San Fernando Valley, California
✟15,162.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
instincts. i dunno if thats belief. what i know is thats my opinion. and whatever you'll say im gonna respect y`all guys. haha. anyways, i find it disgusting cause if it is righteous why did God displease in spilling seed then?
and then gave punishment. it does not belong to law neither faith. so how come it is masturbation right in front of God?

Genesis 38:6-10

6Judah got a wife for Er, his firstborn, and her name was Tamar.
7But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death.
8Then Judah said to Onan, “Lie with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to produce offspring for your brother.”
9But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so whenever he lay with his brother’s wife, he spilled his sperm on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother.
10What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so he put him to death also.

It was not about the spilling of seed, it was about disobeying God's order to create for his brother, an offspring that was not wicked.

Upvote 0

rochie545

Born Again Christian
Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
✟15,185.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Genesis 38:6-10

6Judah got a wife for Er, his firstborn, and her name was Tamar.
7But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death.
8Then Judah said to Onan, “Lie with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to produce offspring for your brother.”
9But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so whenever he lay with his brother’s wife, he spilled his sperm on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother.
10What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so he put him to death also.

It was not about the spilling of seed, it was about disobeying God's order to create for his brother, an offspring that was not wicked.

agree much!!! but does it continue to exist wicked (spilling of seed) in God's eyes? anyways. we don't know answers for He is sovereign God.

Upvote 0

OrenG

Aug 19, 2012
✟15,162.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
agree much‼ but does it continue to exist wicked (spilling of seed) in God's eyes? anyways. we don't know answers for He is sovereign God.

It never existed as wicked in God's eyes, so how it could continue is rather a meaningless question.

It does not mention anywhere in the bible directly that anyone can point out and find, that masturbation is a sin.

Upvote 0

rochie545

Born Again Christian
Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
✟15,185.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
It never existed as wicked in God's eyes, so how it could continue is rather a meaningless question.

It does not mention anywhere in the bible directly that anyone can point out and find, that masturbation is a sin.

the bible may not tell about it but it is written it deuteronomy, the secret things Belongs to God. He's very sovereign isn't He? :)

Upvote 0

OrenG

Aug 19, 2012
✟15,162.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the bible may not tell about it but it is written it deuteronomy, the secret things Belongs to God. He's very sovereign isn't He? :)

I wasn't aware that genitals were secret things.

“The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law."

Seems more like the mysteries of the universe and how exactly God works are the secret things, not our genitalia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rochie545

Born Again Christian
Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
✟15,185.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
rochie545: Do you believe it's okay for a woman to divorce a husband that is physically abusing her?

yep. paul wrote about it. though marriage is a sacred covenant you can still leave him. nevertheless if that woman still love her husband

Upvote 0

rochie545

Born Again Christian
Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
✟15,185.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Uh...okay I guess? I wasn't the one making the case that masturbation was a sin, you were. It seemed like you wanted to drop the subject but replied again anyways with more "proof".

of course. dont worry youre not the one making it a sin. and im enough with my opinion. i guess also looks like masturbation is exempt in lutherans

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OrenG

Aug 19, 2012
✟15,162.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
of course. dont worry youre not the one making it a sin. and im enough with my opinion. i guess also looks like masturbation is exempt in lutherans

I didn't mention anything about your denomination so I don't understand why you feel it necessary to mention something about mine, and no it's not exempt. This is my personal feeling, this has nothing to do with any teachings of the Lutheran doctrine.

I've been consistently asking you what you have as evidence, as the word of God that states it's a sin. And from what I gather it's your own opinion. So please stop insisting it is written as such because it is not.

Upvote 0

rochie545

Born Again Christian
Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
✟15,185.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I didn't mention anything about your denomination so I don't understand why you feel it necessary to mention something about mine, and no it's not exempt. This is my personal feeling, this has nothing to do with any teachings of the Lutheran doctrine.

I've been consistently asking you what you have as evidence, as the word of God that states it's a sin. And from what I gather it's your own opinion. So please stop insisting it is written as such because it is not.

ohhy. im so sorry my friend :( . i did not intend to. anyways. im not insisting, probably im just stating my own opinion. but i respect each opinions as well. hehe. peace. anyways as for me it`s a sin. said and done. :)

Upvote 0

rochie545

Born Again Christian
Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
✟15,185.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
:preach: James 4:17 "So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." :preach:

Regardless of if it is written explicitly, if anyone feels convicted, they are subject to this verse.

hmm.... :D

Upvote 0

OrenG

Aug 19, 2012
✟15,162.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:preach: James 4:17 "So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." :preach:

Regardless of if it is written explicitly, if anyone feels convicted, they are subject to this verse.

The verses surrounding this are speaking about boasting about things you have yet to do, and it is most likely that this refers to doing something good now instead of doing something good later for we are not sure we will be here.

Upvote 0