Is Mastrubating a Sin? Will God Forgive Me?

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Will I get sent to hell if I touch?

Certainly not.
1) Many of us think it's not a sin in the first place, although it can be associated with thoughts that might be.
2) Even if it is, we are saved by Christ's death for us, not perfection. Most people have sins that they find really difficult to get rid of.

It's difficult to strike the right balance. God cares what we do,and you should too. But not to the point where you lose confidence in God, nor should you be so upset about it that you spend all of your time feeling guilty about it or trying to deal with it.

Guilt over masturbation can take you away from your real job: loving God and your neighbor. Thus the guilt can be a lot worse than the masturbation itself (if it's a problem in the first place). Christ died for you.

It's a matter of priorities. Generally you want to spend your most time dealing with the most important things in your life. If you asked me whether murder will send you to hell, I'd also say that it won't if you repent, but I'd suggest that you had better be really sure you fix whatever caused you to do it so you don't do it again. You'd really need to work on that before you start doing other things. But masturbation probably isn't the most important thing you should be working on.

A number of years I heard a story from a Catholic (probably apocryphal): A businessman confessed to his priest that he masturbated, and asked for forgiveness. (Of course Catholics consider it a sin, although I don't agree with their reasons.) The priest got angry. "You're foreclosing on widows and orphans, and you confess to me about masturbation ???"

Of course if it's part of a pattern of unhealthy thoughts about girls, it might be more serious. You'll have to judge that. But this question normally comes from teenagers. And a certain amount of sexual fantasy is normal, and masturbation is absolutely normal. Maybe not ideal, and maybe you'll want to make some efforts at keeping it under control. Just don't let guilt over it take over your life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PoetSaskia

Nov 30, 2004
✟475.00
Faith
Pentecostal
people I'm extremely concerned about this too; Please, pLEASE pray for me. I have schizophrenia and am having symptoms lately. I'm also having recurring nightmares, and I just woke up from won where I apparently went to hell or something. I can't live like this anymore, and desperately need God's mercy. THis (masturbation) is the only overt thing left in my life that I can think of that could be sinful. I have prayed about it and researched about it. these nightmares have brought me to my knees. I also need prayer about this. I'm so scared; please pray that God would have mercy on me and lead me out of whatever is causing this trouble, whether it is masturbation or something else.
edit:feeling better now; I don't know what is causing my nightmares but it could be one of my medications.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

DreamerOfHearts

Hello my dear brothers and sisters.
1. Is mastrubation sin?
2. Is watching porographycal material sin?
3. Is thinking about inappropriate contentography sin?
4. Extra details about the topic.
My friend told me that it is not, since you watch it, and when you think about it, think that you are not hurting someone, but just...having sex or so.
Lord Jesus, We are sorry for our sins, we repent of our sins, Please forgive us,
In your name, We forgive all others for what they have done against us. I praise, thank and love you, My God--The Father and The Son, Holy Spirit -- Please change, heal and strenghten us in body soul and spirit. Amen

Masturbation is not a sin, it is a normal human body function. I find it is best for general everyday life not to engage in it.

I find sometimes, when laying down, I start to have fantasies and can lay there for houuurs... in that state. It can hurt guys. I try and get out of it.

inappropriate content... generally good to stay away from, addictive. If you have a spouse, they probably would not be happy if you are sitting there looking at other people. And it can make you distant from them.

In very intense relationships that are distant, sometimes people have to do that so they can keep going.

I find best stuff is to be in a solid relationship, then think about them, and that is often best ended with masturbation. Or during, a lot. That kind of experience is rewarding, and doesn't leave any kind of "what was I thinking" regret.

Also, couples often do that at the same time, so it is that, and as you are distant, it is yet somehow in synch at the same time and makes it far more intense. (Because no one does this when with someone, you can just get them there and then.)

When in a very, very deep love relationship is normal to engage in a lot of serial masturbation.

But, if one really believes they are with you, then that can be a form of witchcraft. Like love potions. So, somehow it gets to them and their heart and mind and is bonding.

Upvote 0