Is Mastrubating a Sin? Will God Forgive Me?

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Sorry, but no, you cannot. You are living in sin and it's Satan deceiving you into thinking that you are aloud to think about women in a sexual way when not married and that's fine.

That is NOT fine. My scripture totally applies."

Have you listened to yourself? To have a sexual thought about a woman as a single man means I'm deceived by Satan??!! Somewhere you've gotten some VERY bad teaching!

Upvote 0
T

TruthSeeker2012

Ash, if you have to ask, then you really do not know Jesus personally.

Any born again Christian would know that Jesus would not have masturbated behind closed doors or told others its OK to do, and there is no way Jesus would condone it. Anyone who says Jesus masturbated or would teach it's OK to do, really do not know Jesus.

God bless.

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mastrubation does not automatically equal lust, has nothing to do with adultery (except maybe prevent it) and in an of itself is NOT a sin. I agree with those who posted on the topics of thougts, conviction etc. That being said; does it have the potential for misuse, of course it does-so do alot of things.

Mastrubation is used by many couples in the aid of conception-does this rank in the same category as a teenager with a playboy magazine? I think not.

Fire Warms and Burns. Gun's don't kill people any more than pencils create misspelled words or spoons make us fat. The same is true of Mastrubation which to some people is no more of a sex act than a massage is to a stiff muscle (pun intended)

Upvote 0

neutralino7

Oct 21, 2011
✟7,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Sorry, but no, you cannot. You are living in sin and it's Satan deceiving you into thinking that you are aloud to think about women in a sexual way when not married and that's fine.

Have you listened to yourself? To have a sexual thought about a woman as a single man means I'm deceived by Satan??!! Somewhere you've gotten some VERY bad teaching!

Christ taught that if you have a sexual thought about a woman (i.e. lust), it means you have comitted adultery in your heart, and thus a deception by the Enemy (a satan):

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matt 5:27-28

The point of this teaching was (in my understanding) that we are no longer just physical creatures with physical responsibilities to follow the physical law (Mosaic Law.) With the advent of Christ, we also had to become spiritual creatures with spiritual responsibility to worship and follow the law in the spirit.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:24

This is in addition to following physical (Mosaic Law.)

So, it isn't enough that you don't act on your own temptations and desires. If you have them, and entertain them, you are just as guilty as if you have done it. With Pentacost, the Holy Spirit was poured out to believers, but before that we lost our spirit with the fall of Adam. Hence, adherence to Mosaic Law.

Now that we are [supposed to be] spiritual and physical creatures (Holy Spirit dwelling in a physical body,) we have more responsibility to be righteous in spirit and truth (Law). Masturbation is, both, an action upon and entertainment of an unholy thought. Even if you believe you can just touch without thinking about another human, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] seed without a place for it to go is not for God's pleasure. How does it please God to see your seed in a tissue, flushed down a toilet, or on a rag (not to mention the plethora of other places people spread their seed that is not in the vagina for conception)? Especially, when there are men and women that want to conceive, but cant, yet some are freely throwing away seed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

neutralino7

Oct 21, 2011
✟7,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
By the way, the Greek word for "lust" is "ἐπιθυμέω (epithumeo)" in Matt 5:28, which means "to set the heart upon; to long for (rightefully or otherwise)." This is a different word than "επιθυμία (epithumia)," which means "a longing (especially for what it is forbidden)."

So, to "epithumeo" is a lot broader than to "epithumia," and it implies much broader connotations. You don't even have to sexually "epithumeo" after a woman to "lust," you can just want her for yourself (like a trophey.) Either way, this abstract sin can lead to other sins, like it did with David murdering someone for Bathsheeba.

Moreover, it is clear how someone could "epithumeo" for things like money, power, love, happiness, feeling good, relief, and other abstractions and pseudo-abstractions.

Upvote 0

MasterpieceMesias

King of Stoic Cynicism
Feb 20, 2011
Somewhere away from people
✟8,602.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When are you a young man the alternatives are...

Release by masturbation or randomly one night have a wet dream.

I went 60 days once without masturbating and I couldnt even look at a women without getting an erection.

Has any young man here not masturbated for a long period of time?

*raises hand*
128712647836643483.jpg

I've never been a chronic/compulsive masturbater, though. .

Upvote 0

MasterpieceMesias

King of Stoic Cynicism
Feb 20, 2011
✟8,602.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How long have you went without masturbating before?

lol believe it or not about 3 years. . . it was miserable, though but well worth it. I'd gladly do it over again, but sadly that 'normal' but nuisance sex drive of mine eventually came back. Of course I'm not a raging lusting addict like before but it is still a major nuisance, it is merely a distraction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist

You've apparently never heard when Jesus taught if you look upon a woman and lust after her in your heart, you've pretty much had sex with her?

Just like, if you say in your heart, I hate my brother, I wish he was dead, you have already killed him in your heart? And HAVE SINNED?

Again, I'm going to ask: what Bible are you people reading?

If I meet a beautiful Christian (or not) woman, see her, think she's beautiful, and then go home and touch to myself having sex with her, I am violating her in my mind, and I am violating her in general. It's a sin.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If the consensus here is that it's a sin, then it's not.

Just do the opposite of what most here say, and you're probably on safe ground.

The practice is never mentioned in the Bible, by the way.

Woe unto him that giveth his neighbor drink, that puts thy bottle to him, and makes him drunken also, that thou may look on their nakedness! Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let thy foreskin be uncovered: the cup of the LORD'S right hand shall be turned unto thee, and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory. <-----> Habakkuk 2:15+16

Other references are not nearly so graphic.

Honoring the T.M.I principle...

For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. <-----> Ephesians 5:12

Not claiming innocence...but if sin can be "whitewashed", to look/feel okay, how can we know what we should be confessing to God, seeking His Forgiveness & Cleansing.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
<-----> 1st John 1:8-10

There's also a danger of becoming "overly condemning", towards such things, and this is the Devil's methodology...either tell us there's nothing wrong with various forms of sinning, or that if we're even the slightest bit guilty - then we've already crossed the point of no return, so why bother.

Truth is such things are ungodly. Fortunately for us God is patient and often graciously bears with us, "not willing that any should perish".... Yet, our time for being cleansed is limited, and there is much need for guarding against falling into a spiritual slumber or lukewarm state, for then we could find out that "we believed in vain".

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
<-----> 1st Corinthians 15:1+2

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Thou believes that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
<-----> James 2:17-20

...The end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
<-----> 1st Peter 4:7+8

Charity suffers long, and is kind; charity envies not; charity vaunts not itself, is not puffed up,
Does not behave itself unseemly, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil;
Rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
<-----> 1st Corinthians 13:4-7

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
<-----> Matthew 24:11-13

wm

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Christ taught that if you have a sexual thought about a woman (i.e. lust)"

You desperately need a dictionary. Sexual thought does NOT equal lust. The idea is SO ludicrous I hate to defend it. There are SOME sexual thoughts that are sinful: a man obsessing over his secretary's boobs that he wants to devise a tryst with her behind his wife's back, inappropriate content involvement where women are seen as objects but won't have sex with his own wife, playing the hunter on the beach to find that perfect girl's bod that he HAS to have so he flirts in her ear to get her in bed.

The Greek wasn't helpful(I looked) for the meaning was all over the place. I'll go with the English translators that an inordinate desire(lust) is what Jesus was talking about. We all, even as children, are sexual. One gal that was a preschool teacher told me that children are VERY sexual. So to link sexual ideation as sin would be to condemn the whole human race almost from the crib. Children notoriously touch themselves.

If many here want to have the conviction that mb is sin fine. I think it's fine unless it's an controlling addiction, it replaces a spouse, or it feeds an impulse leading to rape,defrauding etc. What SCARES me is some of the statements I've read show a dangerous integration of sexual understanding. Thoughts can be so rigidly suppressed that I feel it leads to the enslaving to inappropriate content, pedophilia, disorders in marriage. It's one thing to save yourself for marriage, commendable, but to castigate harshly oneself of sexual thought/idea/admiration is not godly at all.

Upvote 0

Ash Crimson

Nov 24, 2011
Here
✟713.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Woe unto him that giveth his neighbor drink, that puts thy bottle to him, and makes him drunken also, that thou may look on their nakedness! Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let thy foreskin be uncovered: the cup of the LORD'S right hand shall be turned unto thee, and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory. <-----> Habakkuk 2:15+16

Other references are not nearly so graphic.

Honoring the T.M.I principle...

For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. <-----> Ephesians 5:12

Not claiming innocence...but if sin can be "whitewashed", to look/feel okay, how can we know what we should be confessing to God, seeking His Forgiveness & Cleansing.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
<-----> 1st John 1:8-10

There's also a danger of becoming "overly condemning", towards such things, and this is the Devil's methodology...either tell us there's nothing wrong with various forms of sinning, or that if we're even the slightest bit guilty - then we've already crossed the point of no return, so why bother.

Truth is such things are ungodly. Fortunately for us God is patient and often graciously bears with us, "not willing that any should perish".... Yet, our time for being cleansed is limited, and there is much need for guarding against falling into a spiritual slumber or lukewarm state, for then we could find out that "we believed in vain".

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
<-----> 1st Corinthians 15:1+2

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Thou believes that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
<-----> James 2:17-20

...The end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
<-----> 1st Peter 4:7+8

Charity suffers long, and is kind; charity envies not; charity vaunts not itself, is not puffed up,
Does not behave itself unseemly, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil;
Rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
<-----> 1st Corinthians 13:4-7

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
<-----> Matthew 24:11-13

wm

Uh-huh...

funny-pictures-scared-cat-naked-guy.jpg

Upvote 0

Zando

I &amp;lt;3 You
Dec 11, 2011
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello my dear brothers and sisters.
1. Is mastrubation sin?
2. Is watching porographycal material sin?
3. Is thinking about inappropriate contentography sin?

1. Masturbation in itself is not intrinsically sinful. It's the medium you use to "get off" that is sinful. Lusting for someone other than your spouse when you touch is sin.

2. Using inappropriate contentography is lusting for someone on the screen that you are not married to ergo adultery. So unless the tape is a sex tape of you and your spouse going at it, it is sinful.

3. Thinking about having sex with your spouse is not sin. Thinking of having sex with someone who isn't your spouse or two other random people having sex instead is using them for your own sexual pleasures. If you look at someone that is not your spouse with lust in your eye no matter what they are doing it is sinful.

So I guess if you are casually masturbating to nothing, just to get out some sexual tension I can't see it as sinful. However, since most masturbation is done at the expense of others who are not married to you It is a sinful thing.

Solution: When you get married touch to the image of your spouse when they aren't available (not as a substitute for your spouse). Better yet, let your spouse do it for you (so they feel included). Have fun. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MasterpieceMesias

King of Stoic Cynicism
Feb 20, 2011
✟8,602.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
suppose you have no spouse?? Then what do you do??? Bottle everything up?? A normal sexual being will probably eventually go insane and what not.
I've actually tried the whole asexual thing. . It worked for 3 1/2 years then it all went downhill. It isn't a problem seeing as how I've dulled all of my normal human emotions to the point of having no edge whatsoever, but nevertheless it is still there to a degree.

Upvote 0
lol believe it or not about 3 years. . . it was miserable, though but well worth it. I'd gladly do it over again, but sadly that 'normal' but nuisance sex drive of mine eventually came back. Of course I'm not a raging lusting addict like before but it is still a major nuisance, it is merely a distraction.

3 years??? That is a lot of changed bed sheets lol.

Upvote 0

Zando

I &amp;lt;3 You
Dec 11, 2011
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
suppose you have no spouse?? Then what do you do??? Bottle everything up?? A normal sexual being will probably eventually go insane and what not.
I've actually tried the whole asexual thing. . It worked for 3 1/2 years then it all went downhill. It isn't a problem seeing as how I've dulled all of my normal human emotions to the point of having no edge whatsoever, but nevertheless it is still there to a degree.

It's hard to say specifically because every person is different. Your libido may be a lot higher than mine or a lot lower than someone else's. What I can tell you that works for most people is to keep yourself busy. If you feel tempted to look at inappropriate contentography, get an adult site blocker on your computer and ask someone to put a parental code lock on your television so you don't know the password to unlock those channels. You have to be active in putting away anything that tempts you to touch. So posters, sexual music, books, movies, etc. I know it seems like you're kind of "sex proofing" your house but fleeing from sin takes work and the flesh is weak so you must stay diligent. Also, talk to God about it. You may or may not get immediate comfort but it doesn't hurt to ask for some help or some guidance. I believe God understands more than you may think, after all he created you with such a sex drive. I say work on putting yourself in a situation where you can have healthy, fun and fulfilling sex ie. marriage. I'm not advocating you get married JUST so you can have sex without guilt rather lean towards that option in hopes to find the relief you feel you aren't getting from holding all that sexual tension in. Also, you might want to see a doctor if your cravings are more than you can handle there might be some hormonal imbalance going on. I know pre-teens and teens in general have a higher libido during puberty than adults do due to those hormones kicking in so rapidly and strong. Don't feel defeated though because you certainly are not alone in that area as many believers who are not married struggle with the same thing.

Upvote 0

MasterpieceMesias

King of Stoic Cynicism
Feb 20, 2011
✟8,602.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's hard to say specifically because every person is different. Your libido may be a lot higher than mine or a lot lower than someone else's. What I can tell you that works for most people is to keep yourself busy. If you feel tempted to look at inappropriate contentography, get an adult site blocker on your computer and ask someone to put a parental code lock on your television so you don't know the password to unlock those channels. You have to be active in putting away anything that tempts you to touch. So posters, sexual music, books, movies, etc. I know it seems like you're kind of "sex proofing" your house but fleeing from sin takes work and the flesh is weak so you must stay diligent. Also, talk to God about it. You may or may not get immediate comfort but it doesn't hurt to ask for some help or some guidance. I believe God understands more than you may think, after all he created you with such a sex drive. I say work on putting yourself in a situation where you can have healthy, fun and fulfilling sex ie. marriage. I'm not advocating you get married JUST so you can have sex without guilt rather lean towards that option in hopes to find the relief you feel you aren't getting from holding all that sexual tension in. Also, you might want to see a doctor if your cravings are more than you can handle there might be some hormonal imbalance going on. I know pre-teens and teens in general have a higher libido during puberty than adults do due to those hormones kicking in so rapidly and strong. Don't feel defeated though because you certainly are not alone in that area as many believers who are not married struggle with the same thing.
I don't really care for relationships much, I was using the situation hypothetically. My libido exists. . but nothing more

Upvote 0