Is Mastrubating a Sin? Will God Forgive Me?

ArchangelMxXx

Oct 10, 2008
✟141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello my dear brothers and sisters.
1. Is mastrubation sin?
2. Is watching porographycal material sin?
3. Is thinking about inappropriate contentography sin?
4. Extra details about the topic.
My friend told me that it is not, since you watch it, and when you think about it, think that you are not hurting someone, but just...having sex or so.
Lord Jesus, We are sorry for our sins, we repent of our sins, Please forgive us,
In your name, We forgive all others for what they have done against us. I praise, thank and love you, My God--The Father and The Son, Holy Spirit -- Please change, heal and strenghten us in body soul and spirit. Amen

Reactions: Jayangel81

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Possibly

For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. (Gal. 5:17)

For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each one you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified. (1 Thess. 4:3-6)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Remny

Prayer Bear
Apr 29, 2002
Vancouver Wa
Visit site
✟8,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
There are ways masterbaition can hurt others, and oneself, and I believe inappropriate contentography is always bad. Let me try to explain.

First off, pretty much everyone masterbaits, at least everyone I know. If they don't, they are probably weirder than the people that do and maybe even unhealthy, but that said masterbaition can be bad for you and others.

Lets, say you get married and you have masterbaited much of you life. You might actually end up prefering this method over your wife. It happens a lot, and that would hurt your wife's feelings. However if you never masterbaited, well, after a couple days you would be very horny for your wife. The body is habbit forming, do one thing in one way for a long time, it might not be easy for you to do it in another way.

Still, I think if you never masterbaited ever, you might get a little weird, be horny all the time and unpleasant. I just know it can be very bad if you are out of control.

Now inappropriate contentography. Lots of people use inappropriate contentography but one shouldn't support that industry. God prefers us to have sex in LOVING MONOGOMOUS relationships. inappropriate content stars, obviously aren't doing that. Also too much inappropriate contentography can make you have unreaslistic expectations when it comes to real sex. Its all very addictive, and most people can't shake it even after marriage.

Well that's all I have time for, for now.

Praying

BEN

Reactions: Minty
Upvote 0

Bellicus

Account no longer in use
Jul 11, 2008
✟10,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1.The bible never mention it as a sin. So if anyone ever tell you it is a sin, then don't believe it unless they can explain it and you understand it. I am not sure myself, since I've never seen any good explanation for why it should be considered a sin. But it kind of feels like something sinful.

2. Most likely it is, since Jesus mentioned lusting after married woman a sin. And in 2.pet 2,14 it is written: "having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, enticing unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children."

This "having eyes full of adultery" is something that in my Norwegian translation of the bibles is described as "having greedy eyes towards woman the offers themselves".
3. Sin starts with the thoughts, then move on to action. But if you can find just 1 normal, healthy man on earth that don't ever have or have had sinful thoughts about woman, then I will give you everything I got. And I will eat my socks. All of them. I mean that sincerely.

But I've heard a nice saying about: You can't prevent birds flying over you, but you can prevent them from landing and making a nest.

I'm praying that you will find a good way in this, to not worry too much about what is natural for you, and in the same way having a bigger desire for God then anything that might tempt you in life.

Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
newmodhat.jpg

Mod Hat On

This thread is moved from Prayer Requests to Christian Advice.

Mod Hat Off

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lyle

I am last minute stuff
Nov 12, 2003
Home
Visit site
✟11,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The question sounds more like 'how close can I get to the fire and not be burned?' Ok, that is a verse from the Bible..

Proverbs 6:27 "Can a man take fire to his chest and not burn his clothes."

The truth is this, we are to entertain things that promote godliness. We are to dwell on the things that glorify God. This is what we are supposed to do, but not what we do. Not what I do. There are specific Bible verses that quote the end of the list as sin (not about masturbation... It is in the Bible though, but never in a negative or positive light; but more as a normal thing.. like breathing). But if you come across something that you are unsure of, take a step back a question its motives.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1. Is mastrubation sin?
My friend told me that it is not, since you watch it, and when you think about it, think that you are not hurting someone, but just...having sex or so.
Lord Jesus, We are sorry for our sins, we repent of our sins, Please forgive us,
In your name, We forgive all others for what they have done against us. I praise, thank and love you, My God--The Father and The Son, Holy Spirit -- Please change, heal and strenghten us in body soul and spirit. Amen

Any form of sexual immorality is SIN!

And His Will, will be done through your prayer.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
touching yourself is sin, any type of sexual immorality is sin like Elijah stated. And no the bible doesnt use the word touching yourself. (im sure someone will mention this) bible doesnt use alot of the words the way we use them today, the way things were said back than is different.

Some people will say "I can touch without lusting" Guess what? You already lost the battle..You just gave ground for the enemy to put lustful thoughts in your head and you are now in danger of sinning..

I have had problems with this..your not conducting yourself exactly in a holy manner now are you?

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
touching yourself is sin, any type of sexual immorality is sin like Elijah stated. And no the bible doesnt use the word touching yourself. (im sure someone will mention this) bible doesnt use alot of the words the way we use them today, the way things were said back than is different.

Some people will say "I can touch without lusting" Guess what? You already lost the battle..You just gave ground for the enemy to put lustful thoughts in your head and you are now in danger of sinning..

I have had problems with this..your not conducting yourself exactly in a holy manner now are you?

Well Jay, masturbation is a "hot potatoe", because many men who have lost their wife touch for medical reasons, such as keeping the male hormones working and avoid postrate cancer. Other reasons is to stop them from lusting, and beginning to wander and head into "adultery" and "immorality"! But, when it comes down to "sexual immorality" and "inappropriate contentography", then you are in trouble and can disinherit God's Kingdom.:)

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

windcatcher

Up Lifter
Oct 9, 2008
Japan
✟15,381.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
1.The bible never mention it as a sin. So if anyone ever tell you it is a sin, then don't believe it unless they can explain it and you understand it. I am not sure myself, since I've never seen any good explanation for why it should be considered a sin. But it kind of feels like something sinful.

I tend to agree with you. I myself didn't get the deep study on this. The book or message on the subject I heard said it is sin because of the mind that works with lust.

This can be an off-topic subject, but what if the mind is not lustful, is the act still sin?

Upvote 0

AnswersforChrist

Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2009
✟22,898.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Windcatcher, I would have to say no masturbation is not a sin. The problem is that people think that if your thinking lustfully its a sin, so all masturbation is a sin. I too once held to that belief, until I got Ed and had to touch in order to figure out the severity of my problems. The thoughts are not to be taken seriously.

Lets put it this way, if you where having sex with a woman would you never think about having sex with another woman unwillfully while in the act? My guess would be that every man unwillingly has pictured in his mind another woman while he was even with his own wife. Also look to the word of God. Masturbation simply is not mentioned in the word of God.

However, you shouldn't watch inappropriate contentography as this is lustfully commiting sins against your own body. Remember when Jesus would talk about looking lustfully at another man's wife? Also remember the bible is full of sexual practices which God fearing people employed during times that may seem to be outrageous and where not, for example read the book of Judges and find out how each man of Benjamin found his wife.

Upvote 0

MeetMrNiceGuy

Sep 18, 2009
✟7,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

How did i lose the battle if i CAN do it without lusting or commiting adultery? What if all i think about is getting the seed out so i don't have the wet dreams? huh? I think that's perfectly normal just like eating and breathing..

I breath so i wouldn't die but if i breath and imagine having sex with a person now that's a sin but breathing so i would just live is not a sin itself. The same goes for masturbating. If i just do it so i wouldn't wake up all wet and sticky then it's ok.

how about that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

spidergains

Aug 23, 2008
✟922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. Is mastrubation sin?

In Bible times, people your age were already married and having children. Repressing sexuality at your age is like trying to hold back Niagara falls--you are destined to fail.

You are better off finding a young woman and getting married, in my opinion--modern culture be damned!!!

Upvote 0