Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
dane_hemm said:
even if you dont think imoral thought it is still a sin because you are making your self an idle by pleasuring youre self and exalting youre self. anyway over all i think it is a sin because it all goes along with imoral adultarous thoughts and idolic actions.

I agree. Masturbation is disordered from the way God intended our bodies to behave. It is a perversion of the natural sexual union between man and woman, in effect taking the spouse out of the act for the pleasures of one's own flesh, and thus, it is and intrinsically sinfull. Always has been, always will be.

*Davide sneaks back to OBOB before the bomb shells drop* :)

Blessings,

-Davide

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ginny said:
Actually, no I do not. Are you stating that instead of sinning one way, sin another? For example, if masturbation is a sin and so is adultery, it is better to touch than commit adultery?

I was not judging nor did I say anything that implied that.

From a physcial aspect, please post me the link to death by lack of masturbation. Yeah, one may FEEL like they are going to die, but that is truly not the case.

Hi Ginny:wave:

No, I was suggesting the three solutions to any addiction like this I could see. If you can see more then thats great:) , maybe we are talking about different levels of addiction in people.

1) The Lord sets you free

2) You keep doing it (rather than build the hormonal/spiritual problems up until you commit a seuxal assault)

3) CastrationIt is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.- catch my drift here?
quot-bot-left.gif

God Bless

Lismore

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rising_Suns said:
I agree. Masturbation is disordered from the way God intended our bodies to behave.
*Davide sneaks back to OBOB before the bomb shells drop* :)

Blessings,

-Davide

Hi Davide

So is contraception= counter conception

If you do not mastubate but practice contraception then you're doing the same;)

Upvote 0

Asaph

Jun 9, 2004
Deep South
✟5,795.00
Faith
Christian
lismore said:
Hi Ginny

No, I was suggesting the three solutions to any addiction like this I could see. If you can see more then thats great, maybe we are talking about different levels of addiction in people.

1) The Lord sets you free

2) You keep doing it (rather than build the hormonal/spiritual problems up until you commit a seuxal assault)

3) CastrationIt is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.- catch my drift here?

God Bless

Lismore

:eek: Number One!!! Always Number One!!! :eek: :eek:

:D

Wow, number three's a little harsh don't you think? :D

Have a great day in the Lord,
Asaph

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
lismore said:
If you do not mastubate but practice contraception then you're doing the same;)

Exactly.

That's why the Catholic Church has always been against *both* masturbation and contraception; because both are inherently disordered, selfish, and undermine the natural sexual union between man and woman.

Blessings,

-Davide

Upvote 0

Asaph

Jun 9, 2004
Deep South
✟5,795.00
Faith
Christian
Macano said:
Is it lust if one is thinking of their spouse during the act? I don't see it as a simple black and white issue. There is a gray area.

I guess I see your point. All fleshly issues are less than truth. Therefore, yes it is grey, as long as one thinks that grey areas are where God resides.

I do not.

Asaph

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Asaph

Jun 9, 2004
Deep South
✟5,795.00
Faith
Christian
Lucubratus said:
#3 wouldn't do much good if the sin of thought is still there, would it?

I don't know how number three could even be accomplished in females, and I don't want to know. But I'm pretty sure that if a guy volunteers for number three, he won't be having anymore problems with that sin anymore. Of course, his works will have gained him nothing in the sight of God, but hey, I'm sure he'll have more time to concentrate on working his way into heaven. :D

Asaph

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Macano said:
Is it lust if one is thinking of their spouse during the act? I don't see it as a simple black and white issue. There is a gray area.

The Catholic Church clearly outlines what is acceptable and what is not; take it as you will, but this is what we believe;

1. Self masturbation is inherently sinful by nature, and it never justified.

2. Within marriage, the couple can in good moral conscious "enjoy" each other sexually, only as long as it ultimately leads up to the natural sexual union. The "for-play" may include mutual mastrubation or oral sex, but it must culminate in the natural sexual union.

3. Sex as it was intended to be by God is both procreative and unitive. Both components must be present in order for God's blessing to be present within a marriage. Contraception by nature thwarts the procreative aspect of sex (thus turning it into scritly for pleasure), and undermines the possibilty of new life in the natural sexual union. Hence, it is inherently sinful, just as masturbation is.

Now, one can follow all these guidlines to the "T", but the couple can still have impure intentions. Sex is an expression of love, not soley a means for self pleasure. Ideally, the couple should be so devoted to one another and to God that they see sex with pure eyes; as a gift and as a grace, to help us understand God and commune deeper with our spouse as God as their center. If this mindset is present, then the heart will be pure enough where the guidlines will not have to be paid attention to, since the couple will follow them naturally.

Anyway, this is what we believe in a nutshell, in case anyone cared. :)

Blessings,

-Davide

Upvote 0

Lucubratus

Mar 16, 2004
✟683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Asaph said:
I don't know how number three could even be accomplished in females, and I don't want to know. But I'm pretty sure that if a guy volunteers for number three, he won't be having anymore problems with that sin anymore. Of course, his works will have gained him nothing in the sight of God, but hey, I'm sure he'll have more time to concentrate on working his way into heaven. :D

Asaph

Unfortunately that happens to females in Africa and I won't get anymore graphic than that. If a guy volunteers for #3 he physically wouldn't be sinning anymore for sure, but I don't think that would eliminate lustful thoughts.

What a torrid thread. :blush: I don't think there is a list of sins that are worse than others in the biblical sense, just degrees thereof in a human conception's of it. At least that is what it sounds like to me in the Bible.
(imo)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Asaph

Jun 9, 2004
Deep South
✟5,795.00
Faith
Christian
Lucubratus said:
Unfortunately that happens to females in Africa and I won't get anymore graphic than that. If a guy volunteers for #3 he physically wouldn't be sinning anymore for sure, but I don't think that would eliminate lustful thoughts.

What a torrid thread. :blush: I don't think there is a list of sins that are worse than others in the biblical sense, just degrees thereof in a human conception's of it. At least that is what it sounds like to me in the Bible.
(imo)

I agree. (not about the elimination of lustful thoughts by scalpel. That would eliminate them, period)

I agree that this thread is meaningless if one understands the truth of the Good News. I tried to elaborate, but it didn't seem to matter at all. :D

Go figure. :sigh:

Asaph

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Asaph said:
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!!!!!! That is way more information than I wanted or than I think is appropriate for this thread.

Man oh man. Back it down a notch.

Asaph

I do not think it is innapropriate for this thread, unless you think that God has no place in the bedroom. However, if the mods deem it innapropriate then I will edit it.

Blessings,

-Davide

Upvote 0

Lucubratus

Mar 16, 2004
✟683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Asaph said:
I agree. (not about the elimination of lustful thoughts by scalpel. That would eliminate them, period)

I agree that this thread is meaningless if one understands the truth of the Good News. I tried to elaborate, but it didn't seem to matter at all. :D

Go figure. :sigh:

Asaph

people are people, in one way or another.

Upvote 0

Asaph

Jun 9, 2004
Deep South
✟5,795.00
Faith
Christian
Rising_Suns said:
I do not think it is innapropriate for this thread, unless you think that God has no place in the bedroom. However, if the mods deem it innapropriate then I will edit it.

Blessings,

-Davide

Well, it shocked me and brother I'm not so easily shocked. It's a bit explicit for a forum.

Asaph

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.