Apr 23, 2006
✟224.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
We are not to judge the act of mastrubation. It is not referenced in the Bible. The thoughts and images produced from masturbation, the fanatasies....how are they sinful? They are normal thoughts. Yes...some can be bad....but when you fall for someone, do you not think about kissing them or touching them? Holding them? Simple things like that can be used for the act. It is all a fantasy until the real thing happens. Again. judging is not what we should be doing. That is God's job.

Upvote 0

SheIsOptimistic

May 15, 2006
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
"Today, many dairy producers are using analog prostaglandins (Lutalyse or Estrumate ) to induce cows to come into heat. Similarly, we human beings can get the similar responses too, particularly taking non-organic dairy products that contain residual Lutalyse or Estrumate !)"

found it here: EDIT: I tried to post the link to the source, but it wouldn't let me, says I don't have enough posts.

So... Got milk? >.<

Another thing...I was watching TV the other day and came across the special called "The anatomy of grey's anatomy". And they were talking about Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome. Never knew such thing even existed. (And here I thought I was just horny all this time. J/k. ) Anyways, here's some info on it:
Persistent sexual arousal syndrome results in a spontaneous and persistent genital arousal, with or without [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] or genital engorgement, unrelated to any feelings of sexual desire. In particular, it is not related to hypersexuality, sometimes known as nymphomania or satyriasis. In addition to being very rare the condition is also frequently unreported by sufferers who may consider it shameful or embarrassing. It has only recently been reported and characterized as a distinct syndrome in medical literature. It is a nervous disorder with a low serotonin/GABA nervous modulation and a hyperactive dopamine nervous system to drive the hypothalamus-pituitary function for excessive oxytocin with near-zero prolactin release even after achieving multiple [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].Epinephrine level may be very high for an excessive release of the inflammation hormone prostaglandin E-2 release in pelvic cavity while norepinephrine level is very low. One can have a blood or urinary test for dopamine, norepeinphrine, epinephrine, testosterone and DHT that likely controls [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].
Anti-dopamine drugs and Serotonin/Prolactin enhancement drugs may help control the problems.

Of course the condition is relatively rare and relatively few people have it. I'm not posting this to justify masturbation, or say it's a sin/not sin. This just proves that sexual arousal and [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] can be totally unrelated to lust, sexual desire, "dirty thoughts", or whatever else one might call it. Sometimes it's just hormones and chemical disbalance, and one shouldn't assume that if someone masturbates, it's because they are full of "lusts" and "dirty thoughts". Not necessarily.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Amisk

Nov 21, 2004
Wild Rose Country
✟16,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sarbee said:
i agree there... masturbation isn't a sin in itself, rather the thoughts that go with it...

You can not enter into masturbation without lustful thoughts about a member of the opposite sex. Therefore masturbation is part of the lust process and therefore sin. To say otherwise is splitting hairs.

Upvote 0

4square

~ Hatred stirs up fights - love covers all sins ~
Sep 30, 2005
Perth, Australia.
✟17,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can not enter into masturbation without lustful thoughts about a member of the opposite sex
Did you mean to say that that is the case with YOU personally - I'm not sure if you can make an absolute general statement about everyone like that....

IMO

Upvote 0

datsun

May 15, 2006
✟7,624.00
Faith
Christian
Telrunya said:
It is a gray area and often those are the most dangerous. I encourage you to take the narrow path. Keep in mind

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God;

I think touching yourself, even done without lustful thoughts if you can manage that, still opens the door and establishes a stronghold. It becomes easier to have those thoughts when you find someone you are interested in and begin to try to justify it a nd in doing so dishonor that person. Take the safe road and abstain is my advice.
Yes this is a gray area.
And I agree with Telrunya had to say.
Because it's a grey area always uncomplicate it for yourself!
Ask yourself the question: Would you mastrubate infront of your paster; your children; your boss? Would you do this infront of God if he had to stand there watching you?
Whatever your answer is this is how you'll know.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,505.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
datsun said:
Yes this is a gray area.
And I agree with Telrunya had to say.
Because it's a grey area always uncomplicate it for yourself!
Ask yourself the question: Would you mastrubate infront of your paster; your children; your boss? Would you do this infront of God if he had to stand there watching you?
Whatever your answer is this is how you'll know.

Hope this helps.

Would you have sexual intercourse with your wife in front of your pastor, your children, your boss? Would you do this in front of God? (That's just in case you don't know we already do.)

Upvote 0

mark53

Veteran
Jan 16, 2005
Ingle Farm, Adelaide, South Australia
✟16,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Amisk said:
You can not enter into masturbation without lustful thoughts about a member of the opposite sex. Therefore masturbation is part of the lust process and therefore sin. To say otherwise is splitting hairs.

Who says you can't!! What evidence do you have for this statement??! What about one's partner?

Upvote 0

Fredkc6cfb

May 17, 2006
Fresno,CA
Visit site
✟15,179.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I personally believe, after much talk about this subject at various forums with other Christians and Bible study, that masturbation in and of itself is not a sin. It is the mental imagery that goes along with most masturbation that is sin, as it violates Christ's admonishment to not even think about a woman in a sexual manner, as that is adultery of the heart.

Further, I think that one has to listen to his or her own heart. If you are convicted of the spirit that masturbation is sin (do you feel ashamed, or upset afterward? Guilty, convicted?) that perhaps you should abstain from masturbation. Often, the Holy Spirit speaks to us by such conviction.

This is a matter near to me, as I have been battling an addicition to online inappropriate contentography for some time now. I've attempted to justify my endulgences in every conceivable manner. But in the end, the guilt and depression I feel afterward is conviction enough that I should not be doing the things I do. I haven't won the war yet, but I'm growing stronger in spirit every day as I nourish my inward man with God's word. Jesus has already won the victory. I need only claim it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
holo said:
I believe masturbation is a gift from God.

:wave:

Agreed. A lot of people cant get married. Does that mean they should just switch off their sexual/ hormonal part like a light bulb? All this does is makes an awful lot of frustrated and miserable folks. We should always read the bible in its context. The OT works with the idea that slavery was accepted and tries to make life better for these people. The nT works with the idea thatmarriage was readily available as it was. It isnt now! The social context has changed. Remember the Spirit of the law brings life, but the letter of the law Kills (Paul in Corinthians)

:idea:

Upvote 0

SheIsOptimistic

May 15, 2006
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Amisk said:
Well, you obviously haven't read what I wrote.
Apropos, I personally know someone who gets sexually aroused when they are angry. Angry! I mean, that is definitely not the time when they are thinking "lustful thoughts". But there it comes. Hormones...Go figure.

I, however, wouldn't go as far as saying that masturbation is a gift from God. I think, as others have pointed out already, one has to listen to their heart/conscience, pray for guidence from the Lord. I'd say, if you feel guilty/depressed afterwards, it's best to refrain. For some it's not easy, but the best part is that we don't have to battle this ourselves. God is there to help. But what one definitely shouldn't do is to wallow in guilt and self-pity. Repent and move on. Even if you feel convicted by the Holy Spirit. Move on and look up to Jesus. Only God can change us and purify us. If we try to do it on our own, what's good in that? Our own righteousness is like filthy rags.

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
Lawton Oklahoma, Officer Career Course
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We are no longer under the law but under grace. Not that we should use that as a license to sin but obviously God gives us an enormous amount of Grace everyday and the churches focus on things like this seem to only have a purpose in tearing others down as this is obviously not a sin that leads to death. Not that I appeal to any authority outside of scriptures, but Dr. Dobson who is respected by a lot of Christians has pointed out that many of his peers left the faith in their adolescent years or at least entered into a lifestyle of permanent backsliding as the over emphasis on masturbation made them feel constantly ashamed as though they were serving an earthly father who is never happy. I understand the slippery slope many see in this issue, but seriously, this is between a young man or woman and Jesus Christ, I feel the issue gets used very often to make others feel morally superior in public who are not even being honest with themselves.

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,505.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
alonesoldier said:
We are no longer under the law but under grace. Not that we should use that as a license to sin but obviously God gives us an enormous amount of Grace everyday and the churches focus on things like this seem to only have a purpose in tearing others down as this is obviously not a sin that leads to death. Not that I appeal to any authority outside of scriptures, but Dr. Dobson who is respected by a lot of Christians has pointed out that many of his peers left the faith in their adolescent years or at least entered into a lifestyle of permanent backsliding as the over emphasis on masturbation made them feel constantly ashamed as though they were serving an earthly father who is never happy. I understand the slippery slope many see in this issue, but seriously, this is between a young man or woman and Jesus Christ, I feel the issue gets used very often to make others feel morally superior in public who are not even being honest with themselves.

Amen, Brother, amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TallCoolOne

Jun 22, 2006
✟7,612.00
Faith
Catholic
The Bible does not discuss masturbation at all. This seems a little odd since it is such a strong and prevalent human event. And, given that Leviticus has so much to say about sexuality, one would think it natural that the subject would be covered. But it isn't.

It's implied throughout various verses.

The only one that could come close is 1 James 1:14

Rather, each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

As opposed to just any desire. This verse goes to the core saying that ones desire of one's self is sinful.

1 James 1:15

Then this desire conceives and brings forth sin

In other words, desiring of one's self will lead to sin.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.