• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Is masterbation a sin?

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by gtsecc, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winglovesall

winglovesall Well-Known Member

+119
    Christian
    Private
    Yeah - It was part of God's free will in the beginning - God is our judger - and you're very right about that!

2. Greyshade89

Greyshade89 Senior Veteran

+82
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination"

How on earth can anyone ignore that.

3. Greyshade89

+82
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    There is a difference between judging and have rules that should be followed. God allows us to make our own decisions. However just like He said in His word. "I set before you life and death..choose life" God gives us guidelines to follow that will lead us to abundant life.

4. holo

holo former Christian

+677
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Private
    The same way one ignores the commandments about swine and clothing materials, I guess.

5. LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82 Active Member

+16
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Can we say personal belief system? What right do you have to force your beliefs to keep a law from coming? Would you have done that with slavery? The OT says slavery is okay. And hmm, here we are Christians who follow the NEW TESTAMENT. That's the old testament.

6. LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82 Active Member

+16
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    And people who don't believe will not follow the same laws I will. God says not to murder but people want their second amendment right to bear arms. I don't like guns but should I try to take away another person's right? I don't think so.

7. SH89

SH89 Sola scriptura

+208
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    LOL- Hold your horses! There is no need to bash one another. Let us please have a civilized discussion (This is not an insult:) ).
    I am just voicing my opinion on a heated political debate in the US.

I was not comparing gay marriage with animals-I am saying that if one says that gay marriage is ok, why can't I marry a family member, huh?

Jesus never commanded[on his earthly ministry, which I assume is wha you are talking about] not to marry family members(This is the danger of taking things out of context :thumbsup: ), correct?
    It is my choice to marry an animal or family member-YOU CANNOT interfere with my personal life!

Please tell me why I shouldn't marry an animal or a family member if gay marriage is acceptable under US law? Why? Because it's gross? It's not socially acceptable? But it is my choice-mine-and the govbernemtn should not interefer with a decision to marry a family member or an animal. The government would probably not allow one to marry an animal, but what about a family member(mother, brother, etc...)?

Remember that I am not comparing gay marriage to marriage with an animal, however, who is to say that marrying a family member is wrong?

This is incorrect.

Jesus is God and has this to say about homosexuality:
    leviticus 18:22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13
    If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(Capitol punishment was rarely issued, since there had to be two witnesses to see the very act)

Paul says it's unnatural: Romans 1:27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
    -------------------

Some points that one would make to show that gay marriage could be acceptable:
    Anyway, adultery, like homosexuality, is a sin and Jesus condemned it- Why isn't the church urging the government to stop adultery?(big questions ;) )

I am not going to march around Los Angeles with signs that say "Gay marriage is wrong" that is the last thing that I would do. I just disagree with the idea of gay marriage, but at the same time I disagree with the idea of divorce.

For this reasons and others, I am not over-zealous to stop gay marriage from happening in the U.S.-I just disagree with the idea.

To be fair, why shouldn't some men marry animals and family members? Some men and women(unfortunately) have the desire to marry their pets and/or family members. I think to be fair to all, then this should be legal as well.
    If you have any logical reasons why gay marriage should be legal, and why marrying family family members and animals should not, I am listening...

LittlePinky82, please remember that not everybody has your opinion on matters, so please respect other's opinions and feelings towards matters(such as gay marriage).

8. SH89

SH89 Sola scriptura

+208
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican

The forbidding of eating certain food was something that was issued temporarily for Israel, but later[new testament], everything is made clean for us to eat.

What does the law say about clothing material :) ?

9. holo

holo former Christian

+677
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Private
    My point was that while one could say that the meat laws were "officially" lifted, that didn't happen with the rules about not wearing clothes of mixed fabric and such, so "biblically" speaking, you should keep every commandment that's not specifically changed.

I mentioned it to challenge the idea that you can pick and choose from OT laws to defend your opinions on things like homosexuality.

10. Greyshade89

+82
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Lets keep this nice please. Dont be rude. Where does the old testement say its okay to enforce slavery. I have not once heard God favor slavery. I dont only follow new testement. If we were to only follow new testement then the prophecies of the coming of Jesus wouldnt be true. Which as we can verify from the new testement it was true. Its not a matter of equal rights with gay marraige. Black people fought for equal rights. They couldnt help being black. God made them that way. You cannot say God made a person have homosexual tendencies. Thats a lie from satan himself. If it was an abomination to God in the old testement, meaning it was immoral. What makes you think God would suddenly ok it?

11. winglovesall

winglovesall Well-Known Member

+119
    Christian
    Private
    Well - with whisper_dishmon's black people discussion topic - I think that people still don't accept them and I find it difficult to believe in Australia, when they enforced the "White Australian Policy" that there were so many Christians back then -

Back to the topic of gay marriage - God won't punish people who are gay or lesbian - because God gave them a free will to do so. It is important to respect the free will in the beginning and yeah -

I think, sometimes, with politics and religion - they don't often associate each other very well - I mean, I love politics but I also think spiritually as well...

12. Greyshade89

+82
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Well yeah. God did give them free will to be gay. Thats because God will allow us to choose our paths such as choose blessings or cursings. Still, I dont believe in gay marriage.

13. savedbyfaithinchrist

savedbyfaithinchrist Member

+2
    Non-Denom
    Married
    TO the many people that say the bible does not say there wrong its a sin to think of a woman in that way so if you touch yourself and think a chick then your sinning so yes its very wrong let me tell you that its best to wait :thumbsup:

14. 2to3timesAweek

2to3timesAweek New Member

+0
    Calvinist
    So I guess that means God won't punish me for raping my friend or for stealing a candy bar because He gave me free will to do so.

15. Greyshade89

+82
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    No He will punish lol. He just will allow us to walk down paths we shouldnt if we choose so. Thats why would should walk in spirit so we can make spirit filled decisions that wont lead us into anything ungoldy.

16. hintonas

hintonas New Member

+0
    Christian
    Married
    No! the word does not state clearly that masturbation is a sin but, the Word does say to refrain from sexual imorality. Sex is only for the married. playing with your sex is sick. What married people do in there beds is there business and it is undfiled. God says sex is a good thing for the married. I mean come on let's not compromise the word would you do it in front of Christ? If your honest with yourself what thoughts go through your head when you do it? I'm pretty sure you are not thinking about food or your favorite book most likly you are thinking lustful thoughts. Don't compromise the Word it is a sin. God Bless

17. mark53

mark53 Veteran

+45
    Christian
    Married
    AU-Greens
    Isn't saying that masterbation and sexual immorality as being the same or similar is like making a maths sum 5+ 5 ==55. It depends on what our "base" is?! If it is 'wrong' for you - dont do it, but if you see that is okay well there is no problem. I remember seeing articles some years ago about computers being against God's will and coming from the Devil! Then it became internet chats and forums as the Devil has control over it. It all depends on how one sees the Bible. masterbation and computers are not mentioned in it. But one is free to see other areas and then to compare and to come up with their OWN ideas and judgement on it!

18. NXHus320

NXHus320 New Member

+1
    Pentecostal
    Man who doesnt struggle with this, i can say i havent done it in like 2 months. Its very hard, worse than any drug in the world. Im trying my best tho, and now that ive read some of the things on here as far as what are you thoughts when doing it, and yes i do think of a hot women. Well i would hope so but i feel guilty and dont want to be like this for ever because what would my future wife think, i think masterbation is worst than crack, not that i know what crack is but i do new men and women rather they are christian or not battle with this, i guess all you can do is or think what would jesus do, or if your married and dont want to masterbate just say "hey honny im really horny, and then maybe you wont have to but, hey im hanging in there and yes i do think its wrong, because of the lust full thoughts that come with it but were not all perfect dont beat yourselfs up to hard. You can do it. Its been two months for me not doing anything, its hard but hey went from doing it like three times a day to not at all. Plus i have more energy and im happy. The feeling was way more better than quiting smoking, drinking and drugs. So i guess are boddies are a holy temple and try to live by that in body, mind and spirt. Keep your thoughts clean and focus on what Jesus would want you to do.

19. vincejohn

vincejohn Guest

+0
    I am a sinner and fight sin daily. Yeshua told us to be perfect as God is perfect. Because Yeshua told us this it is therefore possible to attain a level of Holiness pleasing to God. This can only come by receiving the Holy Spirit and this is the dilema today, not many churches teaching on how to truly receive the Holy Spirit for strength and power and to teach us the words of Yeshua..'' be perfect as our Holy Father in Heaven is perfect.''

20. Jig

Jig Christ Follower

+341
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Masturbating is pleasing to God.

IF you dont lust when doing it. You may not think of any woman/man other than your spouse (if your married). Tell me how masturbating to my wife would be sinful.

IF you dont make it habitual to the point of addiction.

IF you dont think it's sinful.

Masturbation makes abstinence easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.