✟17,949.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
LittlePinky82 said:
Exactly! God blessed us all with freewill. The choices to make in what to believe whether in Him or something else. God loves us that much! So shouldn't we love other people and allow them to make their own choices and consequences where it concerns such issues like that on who to live with and love? Love isn't a choice in my lifes experience. Leave the judging to God. Jesus didn't come to earth to judge so why should we?
There is a difference between judging and have rules that should be followed. God allows us to make our own decisions. However just like He said in His word. "I set before you life and death..choose life" God gives us guidelines to follow that will lead us to abundant life.

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
whisper_dishmon said:
Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination"

How on earth can anyone ignore that.

The same way one ignores the commandments about swine and clothing materials, I guess.

Upvote 0

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Can we say personal belief system? What right do you have to force your beliefs to keep a law from coming? Would you have done that with slavery? The OT says slavery is okay. And hmm, here we are Christians who follow the NEW TESTAMENT. That's the old testament.

whisper_dishmon said:
Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination"

How on earth can anyone ignore that.

Upvote 0

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And people who don't believe will not follow the same laws I will. God says not to murder but people want their second amendment right to bear arms. I don't like guns but should I try to take away another person's right? I don't think so.

whisper_dishmon said:
There is a difference between judging and have rules that should be followed. God allows us to make our own decisions. However just like He said in His word. "I set before you life and death..choose life" God gives us guidelines to follow that will lead us to abundant life.

Upvote 0

SH89

Sola scriptura
Aug 7, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Visit site
✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LittlePinky82 said:
Oh give me a freakin break. How dare you compare two humans together to animals! Wrong and disgusting of you and quite flamable! Why should I be more important to my government because I'm white, straight and a Christian? Answer that one.

Oh and you totally did a flipflop. One minute you say that government should stick out of the personal life of it its citizen's except for gay marriage. Oh brother. Jesus never talked about gay people and He's Lord so if he thought it was so important he would've talked about it and the church people would've made sure that was in the Bible we know today but it's no where there. Instead Jesus did talk about divorce and adultery but of course I guess that isn't so important anymore is it?

LOL- Hold your horses! There is no need to bash one another. Let us please have a civilized discussion (This is not an insult:) ).
I am just voicing my opinion on a heated political debate in the US.

I was not comparing gay marriage with animals-I am saying that if one says that gay marriage is ok, why can't I marry a family member, huh?

Jesus never commanded[on his earthly ministry, which I assume is wha you are talking about] not to marry family members(This is the danger of taking things out of context :thumbsup: ), correct?
It is my choice to marry an animal or family member-YOU CANNOT interfere with my personal life!

Please tell me why I shouldn't marry an animal or a family member if gay marriage is acceptable under US law? Why? Because it's gross? It's not socially acceptable? But it is my choice-mine-and the govbernemtn should not interefer with a decision to marry a family member or an animal. The government would probably not allow one to marry an animal, but what about a family member(mother, brother, etc...)?

Remember that I am not comparing gay marriage to marriage with an animal, however, who is to say that marrying a family member is wrong?

Jesus never talked about gay people and He's Lord so if he thought it was so important he would've talked about it and the church people would've made sure that was in the Bible we know today but it's no where there.

This is incorrect.

Jesus is God and has this to say about homosexuality:
leviticus 18:22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(Capitol punishment was rarely issued, since there had to be two witnesses to see the very act)

Paul says it's unnatural: Romans 1:27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
-------------------

Some points that one would make to show that gay marriage could be acceptable:
Anyway, adultery, like homosexuality, is a sin and Jesus condemned it- Why isn't the church urging the government to stop adultery?(big questions ;) )

I am not going to march around Los Angeles with signs that say "Gay marriage is wrong" that is the last thing that I would do. I just disagree with the idea of gay marriage, but at the same time I disagree with the idea of divorce.

For this reasons and others, I am not over-zealous to stop gay marriage from happening in the U.S.-I just disagree with the idea.

To be fair, why shouldn't some men marry animals and family members? Some men and women(unfortunately) have the desire to marry their pets and/or family members. I think to be fair to all, then this should be legal as well.
If you have any logical reasons why gay marriage should be legal, and why marrying family family members and animals should not, I am listening...

LittlePinky82, please remember that not everybody has your opinion on matters, so please respect other's opinions and feelings towards matters(such as gay marriage).

Reactions: Greyshade89
Upvote 0

SH89

Sola scriptura
Aug 7, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Visit site
✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
holo said:
The same way one ignores the commandments about swine and clothing materials, I guess.

The forbidding of eating certain food was something that was issued temporarily for Israel, but later[new testament], everything is made clean for us to eat.

What does the law say about clothing material :) ?

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
SH89 said:
The forbidding of eating certain food was something that was issued temporarily for Israel, but later[new testament], everything is made clean for us to eat.

What does the law say about clothing material :) ?

My point was that while one could say that the meat laws were "officially" lifted, that didn't happen with the rules about not wearing clothes of mixed fabric and such, so "biblically" speaking, you should keep every commandment that's not specifically changed.

I mentioned it to challenge the idea that you can pick and choose from OT laws to defend your opinions on things like homosexuality.

Upvote 0

Greyshade89

Senior Veteran
Aug 27, 2004
✟17,949.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
LittlePinky82 said:
Can we say personal belief system? What right do you have to force your beliefs to keep a law from coming? Would you have done that with slavery? The OT says slavery is okay. And hmm, here we are Christians who follow the NEW TESTAMENT. That's the old testament.

LittlePinky82 said:
And people who don't believe will not follow the same laws I will. God says not to murder but people want their second amendment right to bear arms. I don't like guns but should I try to take away another person's right? I don't think so.
Lets keep this nice please. Dont be rude. Where does the old testement say its okay to enforce slavery. I have not once heard God favor slavery. I dont only follow new testement. If we were to only follow new testement then the prophecies of the coming of Jesus wouldnt be true. Which as we can verify from the new testement it was true. Its not a matter of equal rights with gay marraige. Black people fought for equal rights. They couldnt help being black. God made them that way. You cannot say God made a person have homosexual tendencies. Thats a lie from satan himself. If it was an abomination to God in the old testement, meaning it was immoral. What makes you think God would suddenly ok it?

Reactions: SH89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

winglovesall

Apr 26, 2005
✟18,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well - with whisper_dishmon's black people discussion topic - I think that people still don't accept them and I find it difficult to believe in Australia, when they enforced the "White Australian Policy" that there were so many Christians back then -

Back to the topic of gay marriage - God won't punish people who are gay or lesbian - because God gave them a free will to do so. It is important to respect the free will in the beginning and yeah -

I think, sometimes, with politics and religion - they don't often associate each other very well - I mean, I love politics but I also think spiritually as well...

Upvote 0

Greyshade89

Senior Veteran
Aug 27, 2004
✟17,949.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
winglovesall said:
Well - with whisper_dishmon's black people discussion topic - I think that people still don't accept them and I find it difficult to believe in Australia, when they enforced the "White Australian Policy" that there were so many Christians back then -

Back to the topic of gay marriage - God won't punish people who are gay or lesbian - because God gave them a free will to do so. It is important to respect the free will in the beginning and yeah -

I think, sometimes, with politics and religion - they don't often associate each other very well - I mean, I love politics but I also think spiritually as well...
Well yeah. God did give them free will to be gay. Thats because God will allow us to choose our paths such as choose blessings or cursings. Still, I dont believe in gay marriage.

Upvote 0

2to3timesAweek

Dec 4, 2005
✟7,614.00
Faith
Calvinist
winglovesall said:

So I guess that means God won't punish me for raping my friend or for stealing a candy bar because He gave me free will to do so.

Upvote 0

Greyshade89

Senior Veteran
Aug 27, 2004
✟17,949.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
2to3timesAweek said:
So I guess that means God won't punish me for raping my friend or for stealing a candy bar because He gave me free will to do so.
No He will punish lol. He just will allow us to walk down paths we shouldnt if we choose so. Thats why would should walk in spirit so we can make spirit filled decisions that wont lead us into anything ungoldy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hintonas

Nov 30, 2005
United States
✟7,632.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No! the word does not state clearly that masturbation is a sin but, the Word does say to refrain from sexual imorality. Sex is only for the married. playing with your sex is sick. What married people do in there beds is there business and it is undfiled. God says sex is a good thing for the married. I mean come on let's not compromise the word would you do it in front of Christ? If your honest with yourself what thoughts go through your head when you do it? I'm pretty sure you are not thinking about food or your favorite book most likly you are thinking lustful thoughts. Don't compromise the Word it is a sin. God Bless

Upvote 0

mark53

Veteran
Jan 16, 2005
Ingle Farm, Adelaide, South Australia
✟16,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
hintonas said:
No! the word does not state clearly that masturbation is a sin but, the Word does say to refrain from sexual imorality. Sex is only for the married. playing with your sex is sick. What married people do in there beds is there business and it is undfiled. God says sex is a good thing for the married. I mean come on let's not compromise the word would you do it in front of Christ? If your honest with yourself what thoughts go through your head when you do it? I'm pretty sure you are not thinking about food or your favorite book most likly you are thinking lustful thoughts. Don't compromise the Word it is a sin. God Bless
Isn't saying that touching yourself and sexual immorality as being the same or similar is like making a maths sum 5+ 5 ==55. It depends on what our "base" is?! If it is 'wrong' for you - dont do it, but if you see that is okay well there is no problem. I remember seeing articles some years ago about computers being against God's will and coming from the Devil! Then it became internet chats and forums as the Devil has control over it. It all depends on how one sees the Bible. touching yourself and computers are not mentioned in it. But one is free to see other areas and then to compare and to come up with their OWN ideas and judgement on it!

Upvote 0

NXHus320

Dec 15, 2005
✟127.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Man who doesnt struggle with this, i can say i havent done it in like 2 months. Its very hard, worse than any drug in the world. Im trying my best tho, and now that ive read some of the things on here as far as what are you thoughts when doing it, and yes i do think of a hot women. Well i would hope so but i feel guilty and dont want to be like this for ever because what would my future wife think, i think touching yourself is worst than crack, not that i know what crack is but i do new men and women rather they are christian or not battle with this, i guess all you can do is or think what would jesus do, or if your married and dont want to touch just say "hey honny im really horny, and then maybe you wont have to but, hey im hanging in there and yes i do think its wrong, because of the lust full thoughts that come with it but were not all perfect dont beat yourselfs up to hard. You can do it. Its been two months for me not doing anything, its hard but hey went from doing it like three times a day to not at all. Plus i have more energy and im happy. The feeling was way more better than quiting smoking, drinking and drugs. So i guess are boddies are a holy temple and try to live by that in body, mind and spirt. Keep your thoughts clean and focus on what Jesus would want you to do.

Reactions: Greyshade89
Upvote 0
V

vincejohn

I am a sinner and fight sin daily. Yeshua told us to be perfect as God is perfect. Because Yeshua told us this it is therefore possible to attain a level of Holiness pleasing to God. This can only come by receiving the Holy Spirit and this is the dilema today, not many churches teaching on how to truly receive the Holy Spirit for strength and power and to teach us the words of Yeshua..'' be perfect as our Holy Father in Heaven is perfect.''

Upvote 0

Jig

Christ Follower
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
✟15,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Masturbating is pleasing to God.

IF you dont lust when doing it. You may not think of any woman/man other than your spouse (if your married). Tell me how masturbating to my wife would be sinful.

IF you dont make it habitual to the point of addiction.

IF you dont think it's sinful.

Masturbation makes abstinence easier.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.