Visit site
✟173,491.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mary has very little to do with anyone's salvation. She was a person like anyone else, neither holy nor pure. God used Mary as a surrogate mother, that's it. Our salvation is based on Jesus Christ exclusively.

Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
Mt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Salvation!

Lk 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Mary consented to be the mother of God & the mother of our savior & the mother of the word & the mother of our salvation!

Lk 1:28 full of grace

Lk 1:30 found favor (salvation) from God

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Mt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Salvation!

Lk 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Mary consented to be the mother of God & the mother of our savior & the mother of the word & the mother of our salvation!

Lk 1:28 full of grace

I don't think that the apostle Paul ever mentioned Mary in his letters. More than likely, it seems that Mary's importance to the gospel is not recognized as such.

It might not be a good idea to develop a theology, based on the accounts of the life of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟173,491.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You see, it says "HE shall save his people", Mary has nothing to do with it.

Mary has never been, is not and will never be the mother of God. She carried a child to term which she didn't even receive in a biological way. Jesus didn't even have Mary's DNA (the embryo was implanted into her womb directly) and she only served as surrogate mother. Mary is a normal human being, with original sin and a sinner like every other human being. She raised Jesus but has nothing to do with His act of redemption. Our whole salvation is started, continued and fulfilled in Jesus Christ alone.

English is not my mother tongue, but even I know that "favor" is another word for "grace", which is something completely different to "salvation". It was grace that God used Mary for His purposes. Grace because Mary was not a better person than anyone else.

Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
Mary is a normal human being, with original sin and a sinner like every other human being. BS! That’s impossible!
Mary is the ark or the new covenant!
The ark was made of incorruptible wood, type of Her immaculate conception, covered with pure gold, type of Her immaculate purity! Read exodus nothing connected to or consecrated to God was unholy, a sinner could not even touch the ark without dying, the ark contained the word of God and the mana, Mary carried in Her holy and pure womb the living word of God and the living bread come down from heaven!

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord our God!
Mary has to be Holy pure and immaculate!

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, full of grace, thou art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Lk 1:41 Mary communicates the Holy Spirit to Elizabeth!

Lk 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, Cos She is full of Grace and the Holy Spirit!

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Mary is a creature not God, but she was preserved from sin! Never contracted original sin!

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
your post is not obeying the Bible and calling Her Blessed!
And you offensive to pius ears and to Her spouse the Holy Spirit!

Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟173,491.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible doesn't say anything about Mary being the "ark of the new covenant", in fact the Bible doesn't mention Mary at all in the context of the new covenant. It's a covenant between God and His people, not between God and Mary or God and Mary and the people.
If Mary didn't have the original sin then Jesus didn't have to die for us. Mary could've died on the cross then. There is no single verse in the Bible that would indicate that Mary didn't have the original sin, which is impossible anyway because she was born naturally.

None of the verses you quoted indicate anything about Mary's "holiness". In fact Jesus Himself said to Mary: "Woman, what have I to do with thee?"

• Agree
Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
The Bible doesn't say anything about Mary being the "ark of the new covenant", in fact the Bible doesn't mention Mary at all in the context of the new covenant. It's a covenant between God and His people, not between God and Mary or God and Mary and the people.

The ark in the old covenant is a type of Mary! Pure and Holy, She is also the new eve, and God required Her consent to be the mother of God and the mother of our salvation! Lk 1:38

If Mary didn't have the original sin then Jesus didn't have to die for us. Mary could've died on the cross then. There is no single verse in the Bible that would indicate that Mary didn't have the original sin, which is impossible anyway because she was born naturally.

we still have original sin and need salvation! Jesus Christ is the only mediator and the only savior!

None of the verses you quoted indicate anything about Mary's "holiness". In fact Jesus Himself said to Mary: "Woman, what have I to do with thee?"

Jesus is refreshing His listeners memory, gen 3:15 I will put enmity thee and “the woman” this is writ large in rev 12 “the woman” clothed with the sun! That represents her holiness, and rev 11 speaks of the ark of the old covenant.
Joshua 6:19
But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are consecrated unto the Lord: they shall come into the treasury of the Lord.

Isaiah 6:3
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

She had to be pure and Holy!

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟173,491.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is there a single verse in the Bible saying Mary has to do anything with any covenant? Nope.
I know we have original sin, just as Mary did. She was a human like we are, as the Bible says.
The woman in revelation is Israel, not Mary. Which is obvious when you look at the context.
The Lord is holy, yes. That's what the Bible says. The Bible never ever says that Mary is holy.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ark was made of incorruptible wood, type of Her immaculate conception, covered with pure gold, type of Her immaculate purity! Read exodus nothing connected to or consecrated to God was unholy, a sinner could not even touch the ark without dying, the ark contained the word of God and the mana, Mary carried in Her holy and pure womb the living word of God and the living bread come down from heaven!
Um..so? We are the temple of the Holy Spirit but we are also certainly sinful humans. Mary was a normal women given an unusual task and gift and burden. Certainly she was more Holy than many, but she was not perfect and they Bible never claims she was.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obey the Bible and say!

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!
Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus!

She was blessed to have given birth to our Savior, but we are not to raise her to the extent you are doing.

And what you are quoting is a conversation between Gabriel and her. We are not to worship Mary. Why would we even talk to Mary? She has passed on and we are not to have anything to do with communicating with anyone in that way. We are to pray to our Heavenly Father through Christ as he instructed us to do. That's what we are to obey. Just because she will be called blessed does not mean we are to raise her above anyone.

And most of what you are posting on all of these threads are not biblical about Mary. I asked you on another thread to post one verse that says Mary was a perpetual virgin and you couldn't. And you know why? Becaue it's not there, just the opposite. You are adding to God's word. Gabriel saluted her and told her what would happen. And yes, she is blessed among women because she found favor with God. And she became Christ's biological mother. But after that, she's rarely mentioned in the scriptures. As others have said, the Revelation 12 is Mother Israel. People seem to forget many of the 10 tribes later scattered and as God promised Abraham, his seed would be countless and I'm sure many are in the Christian nations today, so yes, many will have the testimony of Christ.

Upvote 0