Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
None of those verses state that they prayed for a moment in their cars before hitting the road with their families. Please stop adding your man made interpretations to the clear word of God.

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!

If you had actually taken the time to look that verse up instead of posting your pattened response you would have seen that there is NO John 21:31!!!

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Is there a class somewhere on this site or the internet where it is taught to 'PLACE WORD IN THE MOUTHS ON POSTERS"????

Now then, I did not say that God was the God of the dead and not the living.....DID I????

I said that Mary has been dead for 2000 years. Is that not true? Is she actually living and standing in every Catholic church all over the world?

You purposely twisted and added to what I actually said didn't you my friend.

Secondly.......post the number of my claim where I claimed Scriptural authority or foe that matter ANY authority over anyone. YOU made the claim, now you own it. Put up or back up but stop saying things that are not true.

Third........what OTHER gospel are you talking about? There is only ONE gospel and it is what I preach.

Again, I am challenging YOU to produce what you just said I do.

I also wonder, how does Mary even hear all the prayers said to her around the world by hundreds if not thousands of people every day? Is she omniscient and/or omnipresent? I guess she'd have to be. However, those are attributes that belong to God, not human beings, dead or otherwise.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I provided Scripture. You don't want to read it/accept it. That's fine. Your issue is not with me, but with the Bible which forbids praying before idols/statues/icons/images etc.
No. You did not provide even one single Scripture verse that states that we may not kneel in front of a statute of Mary to pray. Not one single verse that states that! You are simply relying on your man made tradition instead of relying on the clear word of God. I can only hope that you will continue to search the Scriptures and come to the truth.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I provided Scripture. You don't want to read it/accept it. That's fine. Your issue is not with me, but with the Bible which forbids praying before idols/statues/icons/images etc.

Where does the Bible say you cannot pray in front of statues, icons or images?

Graven image is of those that Jews made. All manner of FAKE God's!

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
John / All mankind.

Really? How do you reach the conclusion that Jesus' earthly provision for His mother (by giving her to John) equals giving her to all mankind? Did He say that? Did any of inspired Scripture writers?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Really? How do you reach the conclusion that Jesus' earthly provision for His mother (by giving her to John) equals giving her to all mankind? Did He say that? Did any of inspired Scripture writers?

Did he 'say' that?

As a Solo Scripture person, you have YOUR very own SAY when it comes to Bible INTERPRETATIONS! Lol

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!

If you had actually taken the time to look that verse up instead of posting your pattened response you would have seen that there is NO John 21:31!!!
I see. You are quite decietful. I thought that it was a typo for John 20:21-31, where Jesus breathes on the disciples before sending them out.That is why I wrote "verses" instead of "verse". But you are skilled in deceit, I will grant you that.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No. You did not provide even one single Scripture verse that states that we may not kneel in front of a statute of Mary to pray. Not one single verse that states that! You are simply relying on your man made tradition instead of relying on the clear word of God. I can only hope that you will continue to search the Scriptures and come to the truth.

God bless.

Statues/images of Mary are in fact a violation of those commandments. You don't seem to want to admit that.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God
, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments." - Exodus 20:4-6

"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.' - Deuteronomy 5:8-10

Do images/statues/icons of Mary fit that description? Are images of her made in the "likeness" of something (or someone)? Don't say that just because Mary's name is not specifically mentioned, that somehow those commands don't include kneeling before her image.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I see. You are quite decietful. I thought that it was a typo for John 20:21-31, where Jesus breathes on the disciples before sending them out.That is why I wrote "verses" instead of "verse". But you are skilled in deceit, I will grant you that.

It's the only was some can 'try and argue against the truth dear friend

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Did he 'say' that?

As a Solo Scripture person, you have YOUR very own SAY when it comes to Bible INTERPRETATIONS! Lol

Where have I put my own "interpretation" on those verses? I specifically referenced them. Here, read them again, for yourself:

"Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home. - John 19:25-27

Now, you can see clearly, for yourself what the verses say. So where does the Scripture say that Jesus gave Mary not only to John but to "all mankind."

Who is adding to/interpreting Scripture here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Statues/images of Mary are in fact a violation of those commandments. You don't seem to want to admit that.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God
, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments." - Exodus 20:4-6

"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.' - Deuteronomy 5:8-10

Graven image referring to the many gods that the Jews used to worship in those days.

God knows who we worship. Christians can't and don't make any graven images etc. It's impossible as we only worship the one true God!

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Where have I put my own "interpretation" on those verses? I specifically referenced them. Here, read them again, for yourself:

"Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home. - John 19:25-27

Now, you can see clearly, for yourself what the verses say. So where does the Scripture say that Jesus gave Mary not only to John but to "all mankind."

Who is adding to/interpreting Scripture here?

It's how YOU interpret them though! Through Solo Scripture eyes friend!

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Graven image referring to the many gods that the Jews used to worship in those days.

God knows who we worship. Christians can't and don't make any graven images etc. It's impossible as we only worship the one true God!

I think if you read the prayers to Mary that are often said to her, in front of her image/icon/statue, there is no doubt what is really going on.

But you're right, God does know.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I think if you read the prayers to Mary that are often said to her, in front of her image/icon/statue, there is no doubt what is really going on.

But you're right, God does know.

Yep. God knows what's in the heart and mind of the person at prayer. That is the most important thing. What anybody else thinks is of no concern!

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's how YOU interpret them though! Through Solo Scripture eyes friend!

I asked you an honest and clear question, and I directly quoted the Scripture being discussed. Care to answer, rather than leveling dishonest accusations?

Bottom line. The Scriptures say Jesus gave Mary into the care of John. That's all they say. So, if someone adds that Jesus also gave her to all mankind when He gave her to John, even though the Scriptures don't say that, who is actually adding to/putting their own interpretation on Scripture?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yep. God knows what's in the heart and mind of the person at prayer. That is the most important thing. What anybody else thinks is of no concern!

You're absolutely right! What people "think" is of no concern. What the Bible says, however, is of great concern.

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged

Do images/statues/icons of Mary fit that description? Are images of her made in the "likeness" of something (or someone)? Don't say that just because Mary's name is not specifically mentioned, that somehow those commands don't include kneeling before her image.
No. That is not what the Scriptures state. These are simply your man made interpretations of Scripture that add to the clear word of God. Please provide me with a verse that states that we may not kneel in front of a statute of Mary to pray. Search the Scriptures.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
You're absolutely right! What people "think" is of no concern. What the Bible says, however, is of great concern.

Then don't fret over what YOU think others are doing!

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Then why don't you provide us with a Scripture verse that states that we cannot kneel in front of a statute of Mary to pray? You have provided nothing that states this, except for your man made interpretations of Scripture that state no such thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.