Is mark of the beast related to trusting in man which could be yourself rather than God?

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,808.00
Faith
Christian
Could mark of the beast be obtained only by those who feel they need to go to work to support themselves ? Is it about trusting yourself and not God for your needs ?

I am not saying people should quit their jobs now but when Jesus said do not worry about tommorow he wants us not worrying how we are going to survive and find work. To best be following Christ and serving Him it is best to trust Him to find you the work suitable to you to be serving Him and having enough money to support your needs. It is not wrong to be working in any job but people should not be worrying about tommorow or finding work and feeling they need to conform to ungodly government to find work. But people should make sure they have the righteousness of the kingdom before worrying about if they will lose a job or are not very successful if they have not seeked first the righteousness of the kingdom . You can still work any job if it does not stop you seeking the righteousness of the kingdom but those best serve God who trust in God to find one work that is best used to serve God

Jesus said you can not serve God and mammon

ofcourse you have to work Paul was a tentmaker and said if any does not work he does not eat but Jesus said a work man is worthy of his wages and to seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added to you

the birds do not worry about food and God provides. Jesus said to pray for our daily bread. But we should be seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness then we are worthy of any work because we are doing His will and the work we do can further things for His kingdom

because mark of the beast is tied to you can’t buy or sell if you don’t have it

I know it seems unlikely the vaccine is the mark of the beast but it could be especially if it is in some way related to being put on hand or forehead maybe after you receive it it is somehow related to hand or forehead

It seems you can’t travel without the vaccine so it seems silly not to receive it but that is not much different than buying and selling

if you trust in another to supply your needs rather than God to promote you as good candidate for doing a certain job so you get paid where you are also serving the kingdom it seems not good

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: garee

Union With Christ

Nov 17, 2020
Boise
✟2,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think you are somewhat on the right track here. Honestly I don’t think that Christ wants us to work secular jobs. I think he wants us to spend our time devoted to ministry and the kingdom. I think that is our ultimate calling as disciples of Jesus Christ. Jesus did not work a job; he did ministry and he is our role model. As a Christian our highest calling is to be a full time minister in the kingdom.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@mikeforjesus Hello brother. The mark of the beast was at a time right before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70ad. Back then in Rome Christians were harshly punished and killed off, over 1,000,000 from what I have heard anyway. And in Rome there was a man named Nero Caesar and if you lived in that time, you would have to have a marked voucher (Mark of the beast), to be able to buy, sell, and trade items. You had to claim your allegiance with the Leader of Rome, over God or the Lord Yeshua Christ.

Nero as the Antichrist

Here is some information that I looked up about nero. God bless!

Also speaking about Jobs; Jesus was a carpenter himself for many years, also the apostles did work to and tried to not ask for help from anyone while they were here on this earth.

1 Thess 4:11

10And you are indeed showing this love to all the brothers throughout Macedonia. But we urge you, brothers, to excel more and more

11and to aspire to live quietly, to attend to your own matters, and to work with your own hands, as we instructed you.

12Then you will behave properly toward outsiders, without being dependent on anyone

Upvote 0

Union With Christ

Nov 17, 2020
Boise
✟2,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
@mikeforjesus Hello brother. The mark of the beast was at a time right before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70ad. Back then in Rome Christians were harshly punished and killed off, over 1,000,000 from what I have heard anyway. And in Rome there was a man named Nero Caesar and if you lived in that time, you would have to have a marked voucher (Mark of the beast), to be able to buy, sell, and trade items. You had to claim your allegiance with the Leader of Rome, over God or the Lord Yeshua Christ.

Nero as the Antichrist

Also speaking about Jobs; Jesus was a carpenter himself for many years, also the apostles did work to and tried to not ask for help from anyone while they were here on this earth.

10And you are indeed showing this love to all the brothers throughout Macedonia. But we urge you, brothers, to excel more and more

11and to aspire to live quietly, to attend to your own matters, and to work with your own hands, as we instructed you.

12Then you will behave properly toward outsiders, without being dependent on anyone

I don’t agree with this. I don’t think that it’s clear that the apostles worked jobs. They followed Jesus around for 3 years of ministry and were probably not employed. They were on the road a lot.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,808.00
Faith
Christian

Nero as the Antichrist

Thankyou for the information but I believe Jesus mentions the beast will be there before and when the 2 witnesses arrive and the antichrist will kill them and one of them being Elijah will turn many Jews and people back to God. It is mentioned near the end of the world

Last edited:
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,808.00
Faith
Christian
informative but I believe there is nothing wrong with work if you are seeking first the kingdom of God. The bible says in 6 days you can do all your work. Part of one talents is the ability to make money for the kingdom if you have ability. But if work is not easy you should think of other important work also

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,808.00
Faith
Christian
However the mentioning of 6 days related to work seems to worry me now but I think that is just because man was created on the 6th day and the 7th is the sabbath. The spiritual man can enter the sabbath. I believe God has still given that permission to work Paul never said they should not.He said I have shown you in every way by labouring like this to support the weak. He said if anyone was called while a slave he should still work for his master but he is free under Christ

• Agree
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,808.00
Faith
Christian
I was wondering for understanding of those parts of the bible by myself for a long time but I accepted other interpretations because I didn’t think I could understand it but I gave it more thoughts and I came across a video a while ago not understanding it but I finally think I may have understood as I sought Christ

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that God desires to have a relationship with us, and that was why he sent his son on the cross, to reconcile man to be able to have relationship with him and the Lord Yeshua Christ. As believers we have a spirit inside of us that changes our hearts by trusting God and having faith in the Lord.

As far as what you decide to do with your own life is up to you, taking care of your family, having your own family, doing hobbies for fun on the side.

Having a relationship with God, is a good thing, it also leads the ability to love others, even though sometimes we gotta fight anixety from time to time.

HOpe this help you brother.

Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could mark of the beast be obtained only by those who feel they need to go to work to support themselves ? Is it about trusting yourself and not God for your needs ?

I am not saying people should quit their jobs now but when Jesus said do not worry about tommorow he wants us not worrying how we are going to survive and find work. To best be following Christ and serving Him it is best to trust Him to find you the work suitable to you to be serving Him and having enough money to support your needs. It is not wrong to be working in any job but people should not be worrying about tommorow or finding work and feeling they need to conform to ungodly government to find work. But people should make sure they have the righteousness of the kingdom before worrying about if they will lose a job or are not very successful if they have not seeked first the righteousness of the kingdom . You can still work any job if it does not stop you seeking the righteousness of the kingdom but those best serve God who trust in God to find one work that is best used to serve God

Jesus said you can not serve God and mammon

ofcourse you have to work Paul was a tentmaker and said if any does not work he does not eat but Jesus said a work man is worthy of his wages and to seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added to you

the birds do not worry about food and God provides. Jesus said to pray for our daily bread. But we should be seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness then we are worthy of any work because we are doing His will and the work we do can further things for His kingdom

because mark of the beast is tied to you can’t buy or sell if you don’t have it

I know it seems unlikely the vaccine is the mark of the beast but it could be especially if it is in some way related to being put on head or forehead maybe after you receive it it is somehow related to hand or forehead

It seems you can’t travel without the vaccine so it seems silly not to receive it but that is not much different than buying and selling

if you trust in another to supply your needs rather than God to promote you as good candidate for doing a certain job so you get paid where you are also serving the kingdom it seems not good

it is the laboring to bring forth ... Cain in picture

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t understand ? Could you please explain more ? Is it related to Cain not having the blessing for not offering the right offering that God wants faith ?

first off God did not ask for an offering ...

Cain labored as in he tilled the ground to bring forth his offering which his laboring (by the sweat of his brow) in picture is his own reasoning unto gain ...

or as you rightly put it

"Could mark of the beast be obtained only by those who feel they need to go to work to support themselves ? Is it about trusting yourself and not God for your needs ?"

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,808.00
Faith
Christian
first off God did not ask for an offering ...

Cain labored as in he tilled the ground to bring forth his offering which his laboring (by the sweat of his brow) in picture is his own reasoning unto gain ...

or as you rightly put it

"Could mark of the beast be obtained only by those who feel they need to go to work to support themselves ? Is it about trusting yourself and not God for your needs ?"

Thankyou for explaining I agree but I don’t think wanting to go to work to support oneself and others is wrong but people should not worry about one needs tommorow for it is God who will look after your future. Paul said people should labor with their hands to support themselves and others

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou for explaining I agree but I don’t think wanting to go to work to support oneself and others is wrong but people should not worry about your needs tommorow as Paul said people should labor with their hands to support themselves and others

the laboring the scriptures speak to is the reasoning between two fruits of a tree .... think of Jesus who kept the law and so did not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and yet prior to his ministry was a carpenter ...

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So people should work not just as a punishment because of sin as Jesus had no sin but they should be without care and if you are a minister you don’t have to worry

there are two seeds .. the seed of the serpent and the seed of the women .... one from without and one from within ... our mind being the garden these seeds are sown in ... Jesus did not make a way for the serpent and so his garden remained enclosed and therefor his eye remained single ...

• Informative
Upvote 0