Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I know that lying is a sin but is it fine to put fake information on surveys as i use a site to get points on a certain item to claim items but don't want to put my real information out is it fine to do this?
Is it worth defiling your conscience for a few points? Not telling all the truth is one thing, such as not putting your address down. But lying is wrong.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I know that lying is a sin but is it fine to put fake information on surveys as i use a site to get points on a certain item to claim items but don't want to put my real information out is it fine to do this?
The Scripture indicates that if it is sin to you, then it is sin for you. What you don't want to do is to conduct yourself in any ways that would open you up to a condemnation bomb from the devil.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Usually if we need to ponder
something for too long it
turns out to be sin.

To do right feels right.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it worth defiling your conscience for a few points? Not telling all the truth is one thing, such as not putting your address down. But lying is wrong.
so it would be fine if i put a different address instead of mine?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
so it would be fine if i put a different address instead of mine?
No. It would be better if you put something like "I don't want to give that information". I doubt if the page would recognise that it is not an address. Ask yourself why they want to know. It is never because they just want to be nice to you. They are after information to benefit themselves. There is no such thing as "free".

Upvote 0