✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AirPo said:
Then why don't you tell us about some of the problem areas of creationism, since creationists are so open and honest.

Well in the book THE GENESIS FLOOD, John C. Whitcomb, Jr & Henry M. Morris, devote an entire chapter (Chapter VII) to Problems in Biblical Geology.
My suggestion is that you read that book and you will see that creationists have not turned a blind eye to problem areas. In fact, many Creationist books speak on both evolution and creationism. Do we see that in books of evolution. It seems to me very rarely ---- no matter what the topic.

Upvote 0

TheBigAl

Aug 28, 2005
✟15,461.00
Faith
Catholic
LittleNipper said:
Well in the book THE GENESIS FLOOD, John C. Whitcomb, Jr & Henry M. Morris, devote an entire chapter (Chapter VII) to Problems in Biblical Geology.
My suggestion is that you read that book and you will see that creationists have not turned a blind eye to problem areas. In fact, many Creationist books speak on both evolution and creationism. Do we see that in books of evolution. It seems to me very rarely ---- no matter what the topic.

Because evolution is the center of biological science. Creation is a story in the bible, which has no relevance to reality. Its fiction.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
LittleNipper said:
Of course, we see it all the time. Where do you think creationists go quote mining?

Upvote 0

Linux98

Mar 27, 2005
✟4,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I voted "yes" but I'll admit I could be wrong. The only reason I voted yes is because of the story of Rhab the prostitute who lied to keep the spies of Israel safe.

Also, if I had to lie to protect someone from harm I would do it. For example, the secret service causes misinformation on a regualr basis to protect the president. I don't think that is wrong.

Upvote 0

TheBigAl

Aug 28, 2005
✟15,461.00
Faith
Catholic
Linux98 said:
I voted "yes" but I'll admit I could be wrong. The only reason I voted yes is because of the story of Rhab the prostitute who lied to keep the spies of Israel safe.

Also, if I had to lie to protect someone from harm I would do it. For example, the secret service causes misinformation on a regualr basis to protect the president. I don't think that is wrong.

You have a point there. But this thread is referring to individuals who lie and give misinformation to the public in order to get them to believe in a certain religion. To me, that’s called deceiving.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
LittleNipper said:
GOD doesn't need anyone to lie for HIM. Evolutionists should not practice stretching opinions either.
Agreed.

I was watching a show last night about the big bang and how they determined that the reception static was the result of that. What it really showed was what they do not know but imagine. If every explosion left residual noise, I MIGHT be willing to see their point. To suggest that the hissing which comes from all directions in the Universe is the radio signal of an explosion that some scientists want to believe happened billions of years ago, well, that is their take. If I say it is the signature of GOD----does that make me a liar and them the keepers of truth?
Do you have any examples of evolutionists streching the truth?

Upvote 0

PulpitFiction

Sep 4, 2005
United States
✟176.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
TheBigAl said:
You have a point there. But this thread is referring to individuals who lie and give misinformation to the public in order to get them to believe in a certain religion. To me, that’s called deceiving.

Perhaps he is trying to argue that being a Christian is the only way to avoid hell, so lieing to someone to convert them is acceptable as it is saving them from eternal damnation.

Upvote 0

Linux98

Mar 27, 2005
✟4,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
PulpitFiction said:
Perhaps he is trying to argue that being a Christian is the only way to avoid hell, so lieing to someone to convert them is acceptable as it is saving them from eternal damnation.

If it were possible for someone to be saved that way I would absolutely support telling lies to do it. But it doesn't work that way so I don't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBigAl

Aug 28, 2005
✟15,461.00
Faith
Catholic
PulpitFiction said:

Maybe if a person is that desperate to save souls. But I remember the ten commandments saying that:

"You shalt not swear falsely by the name of the Lord..." and,

"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"

I was brought up with the “christian” idea of: “The truth will set you free”

Upvote 0

Linux98

Mar 27, 2005
✟4,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
TheBigAl said:

I would call that deception as well.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,312.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
TheBigAl said:
Yep, agreed..I also vote that its deception.

Upvote 0

PulpitFiction

Sep 4, 2005
United States
✟176.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
TheBigAl said:
Maybe if a person is that desperate to save souls. But I remember the ten commandments saying that:

"You shalt not swear falsely by the name of the Lord..." and,

"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"

I was brought up with the “christian” idea of: “The truth will set you free”

Oh I know, but seeing as his statement had little to do with the topic, I made the only possible connection.

Although you are right, I really could see some "Christians" flat out lieing in order to win converts, despite what the Bible says about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Battie

Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Northern Virginia
Visit site
✟9,989.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Nymphalidae said:
The question should be: Is it ok to be ignorant for god?

Willfully ignorant? No, it's not okay. We're all ignorant about some things, but when we realize our ignorance we need to seek answers. Blocking something out because knowledge makes us uncomfortable is unhealthy for our faith.

There are, of course, cases where the individual is ignorant on a subject because he simply is not interested in it. I don't think that that's necessarily a terrible thing.

Upvote 0