Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
✟15,992.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
AngryNotice said:
I dont mean to suggest physical harm or anything. but i dont see anything wrong when people learn the truths about evolution. even if they are 'twisted' a little bit. we all know evolutionists try to twist things their way anyway

So you ASSUME that evolutionists try to twist things, therefore you are perfectly ok with twisting things yourself.

If you're ready to lie in a discussion, then it means that you're not interesting in learning the truth: you've already decided what was the truth, and are ready to lie and distort evidence to fit it. I'll remember this next I read one of your argument about evolution: it'll be no use responding to you, since you're not willing to learn or even be honest.

Upvote 0

Dal M.

...more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...
Jan 28, 2004
Ohio
✟9,758.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
AngryNotice said:
but i dont see anything wrong when people learn the truths about evolution. even if they are 'twisted' a little bit.

Gosh. I wonder if the folks who taught you the "truth" about evolution had the same attitude as you do...

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wagsbags said:
Is it ok to lie if you are doing it for God?

GOD doesn't need anyone to lie for HIM. Evolutionists should not practice stretching opinions either. I was watching a show last night about the big bang and how they determined that the reception static was the result of that. What it really showed was what they do not know but imagine. If every explosion left residual noise, I MIGHT be willing to see their point. To suggest that the hissing which comes from all directions in the Universe is the radio signal of an explosion that some scientists want to believe happened billions of years ago, well, that is their take. If I say it is the signature of GOD----does that make me a liar and them the keepers of truth?

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
AngryNotice said:
i voted yes. the main goal should be to save people from hell. this is accomplished when they accept Jesus as their savior, and that should be done any means necessary..
Of course you realize that you no longer have any credibility and you chance of saving anyone are now nil.

Upvote 0

cze_026

Jack-of-all-Trades
Jan 6, 2004
Midwest
✟15,378.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The answer is definitely no!

But AngryNotice's responses definitely provide insight into the mind of that segment of the "christian" population. If your faith is so weak that it is so shaken by the study of the natural world you have to lie, then you seriously need to reconcider on what your faith is based.

Cze

Upvote 0

Battie

Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Northern Virginia
Visit site
✟9,989.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
AngryNotice said:
a little lie isnt as bad as homosexuality, or murder, or stealing, or praising any other god. although i may have jumped the gun a bit..I dont mean to suggest physical harm or anything. but i dont see anything wrong when people learn the truths about evolution. even if they are 'twisted' a little bit. we all know evolutionists try to twist things their way anyway

Ah, so some creationists do lie about evolution! Thanks for finally admitting it!

And how do we know that evolutionists twists things? It's because the creationists tell us they do. But, as you say, a creationist can "twist" the "truth" about evolution, so I have no reason to believe a word you say from now on.

Does that really make sense to you? If you have to lie just to make evolution look bad, then what makes you think that it really is bad? Do you have any idea how hurtful it is to a Christian to realize that he's been fed half-truths and outright lies about orgins from the people he was supposed to be able to trust most?

If a Christian will lie about something as inconsequential to the faith as how we got here, why on earth should I believe anything else that Christian tells me about God?

Great witness. Greeeaaat witness. >_>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AnEmpiricalAgnostic

Agnostic by Fact, Atheist by Epiphany
May 25, 2005
South Florida
Visit site
✟18,986.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Battie said:
Ah, so some creationists do lie about evolution! Thanks for finally admitting it!
Battie said:

And how do we know that evolutionists twists things? It's because the creationists tell us they do. But, as you say, a creationist can "twist" the "truth" about evolution, so I have no reason to believe a word you say from now on.

Does that really make sense to you? If you have to lie just to make evolution look bad, then what makes you think that it really is bad? Do you have any idea how hurtful it is to a Christian to realize that he's been fed half-truths and outright lies about orgins from the people he was supposed to be able to trust most?

If a Christian will lie about something as inconsequential to the faith as how we got here, why on earth should I believe anything else that Christian tells me about God?

Indeed sir. It appears you have just set all the pants in the creationist camp ablaze.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Battie said:

Creationists don't seem to be lying at all. Evolutionists attack the Creationists with lies and slander ---- all in the name of "SCIENCE." I see Creationists as a whole ready to admit to problem areas. Evolutionists seem bent on keeping their problem areas quiet UNTIL they find solutions. In the meantime they fill the blanks with seeminly "scientific logic" as long as it is in agreement with their naturalistic theory. Anything or anyone who strays from naturalism is labelled a freek, fanatic, a Bible thumper, unprofessional, a buffoon... I don't see this as a norm practiced in Christian circles.

Upvote 0

AnEmpiricalAgnostic

Agnostic by Fact, Atheist by Epiphany
May 25, 2005
South Florida
Visit site
✟18,986.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
AngryNotice said:
i voted yes. the main goal should be to save people from hell. this is accomplished when they accept Jesus as their savior, and that should be done any means necessary..

AngryNotice said:
a little lie isnt as bad as homosexuality, or murder, or stealing, or praising any other god. although i may have jumped the gun a bit..I dont mean to suggest physical harm or anything. but i dont see anything wrong when people learn the truths about evolution. even if they are 'twisted' a little bit. we all know evolutionists try to twist things their way anyway

LittleNipper said:
Creationists don't seem to be lying at all.
Try actually opening your eyes when you read through a thread Nip. :doh:

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
LittleNipper said:
Creationists don't seem to be lying at all. Evolutionists attack the Creationists with lies and slander ---- all in the name of "SCIENCE." I see Creationists as a whole ready to admit to problem areas. Evolutionists seem bent on keeping their problem areas quiet UNTIL they find solutions. In the meantime they fill the blanks with seeminly "scientific logic" as long as it is in agreement with their naturalistic theory. Anything or anyone who strays from naturalism is labelled a freek, fanatic, a Bible thumper, unprofessional, a buffoon... I don't see this as a norm practiced in Christian circles.
Your creationist friend Mr. Angry has admitted that lying for God is OK. Now you say that creationists don't lie, but Evolutionists do. LOL! More projection on your part.

Why not give us an example of lying on the part of Evolutionists, or filling in the blanks with "scientific logic?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
LittleNipper said:
"Creationists don't seem to be lying at all. Evolutionists attack the Creationists with lies and slander ---- all in the name of "SCIENCE." I see Creationists as a whole ready to admit to problem areas. Evolutionists seem bent on keeping their problem areas quiet UNTIL they find solutions. In the meantime they fill the blanks with seeminly "scientific logic" as long as it is in agreement with their naturalistic theory. Anything or anyone who strays from naturalism is labelled a freek, fanatic, a Bible thumper, unprofessional, a buffoon... I don't see this as a norm practiced in Christian circles."
Then why don't you tell us about some of the problem areas of creationism, since creationists are so open and honest.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
mommysue said:
I don't think lying is ever okay. Jesus is Truth. Telling the truth can sometimes take much more courage than lying.

Yes Jesus is truth, and live, health and healing. We are to abide in the truth if we want God to be happy with us. Lying and deception is found on the way to destruction. The way of life is the way of truth.

Reactions: raphael_aa
Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
AngryNotice said:
That's great. So now I know I can't trust anyone who says they're Christian because they'll lie at the drop of a hat if they think it suits their deity's perceived purpose.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Upvote 0