Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seriously you do not appear to know the nature of either chimps or humans.
I think I do.

There's a joke that says it well:

Q: Why do scientists use themselves as lab rats at times?
A: Because there are just some things rats won't do.
Subduction Zone said:
You would not get cooperation from either party in such an undertaking of that nature.
Ya ... [non human] apes have morals.

Human [apes] ... well ... it's called "rape."

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you understand the concept of "informed consent"?
All it takes is science's Big Three, and it's a done deal:

1. The AntiChrist Lovers Union hires a ...
2. Teacher to teach the controversy and get it into ...
3. Court, where "informed consent" will get plutoed.

• Informative
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think I do.

There's a joke that says it well:

Q: Why do scientists use themselves as lab rats at times?
A: Because there are just some things rats won't do.
Ya ... [non human] apes have morals.

Human [apes] ... well ... it's called "rape."
Amazingly wrong still.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
All it takes is science's Big Three, and it's a done deal:

1. The AntiChrist Lovers Union hires a ...
2. Teacher to teach the controversy and get it into ...
3. Court, where "informed consent" will get plutoed.
Sorry, but you really should not run your life on your misinterpretation of everything.

And still amazingly wrong on everything.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
So the fact that a chimp and a human can't interbreed means only that they are different kinds of apes; it doesn't mean that humans are not apes.

not realy. first, what is your definition of ape? if you will consider human as an ape then i can consider a car as a truck.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
not realy. first, what is your definition of ape? if you will consider human as an ape then i can consider a car as a truck.
Bad parallel. It would be better if you said, "If you can consider a human as an ape, then I can consider a car as a motor vehicle."

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,673.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
not really. first, what is your definition of ape? if you will consider human as an ape then i can consider a car as a truck.

Wikipedia defines apes as 'a branch of Old World tailless anthropoid primates ... distinguished from other primates by a wider degree of freedom of motion at the shoulder joint as evolved by the influence of brachiation' - Ape - Wikipedia. We are primates, we don't have tails, most of us live in the Old World (Asia, Africa and Europe), and we have a wide degree of freedom of motion at the shoulder joint, so presumably that makes us apes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Wikipedia defines apes as 'a branch of Old World tailless anthropoid primates ... distinguished from other primates by a wider degree of freedom of motion at the shoulder joint as evolved by the influence of brachiation' - Ape - Wikipedia. We are primates, we don't have tails, most of us live in the Old World (Asia, Africa and Europe), and we have a wide degree of freedom of motion at the shoulder joint, so presumably that makes us apes.

so this definition also include a common descent? lets say that human and chimp created by a designer. in this case you will still consider human as ape?

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
so this definition also include a common descent? lets say that human and chimp created by a designer. in this case you will still consider human as ape?

Do you think that they were created separately? How and when do you think this ocurred?

Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Life without God does not make sense , but with God everything is possible. If you are agnostic then i'll give you argument for somebody who has ( i assume ) high expectations .

There either is God or is not . If is not then you just don't exist , but if he is then you better find out who he is and what he wants you to do.

You can either believe , and nothing happend because he is not existing or maybe something will happend after you die , why not give it a chance it does not cost you anything , because God just wants you to accept him , you can still do things you do because it's free gift .

Chances of winning lottery are so low it's not worth your money to invest into it so you ignore it , but if you found a free ticket lying somewhere on ground , wouldn't you pick it up and have " might aswell try whatever " mindset ?

What if i told you that Jesus completed at least 353 prophecy written more than thousand years before he even came to earth , if you wanted to roll dices for this chance there would not be enought atoms in the universe to roll the chances for somebody to completing all of that .
AccordingtotheScriptures.org :: 353 Prophecies Fulfilled in Jesus Christ

We live in finite universe , if we did not 2nd law of thermodynamics would say that since universe is infinite long and was forever , thus it would naturally die out of heath , because everything would have same energy and would be so away from everything that it would be cold and you could not have life .

Since there is enought energy for me to write this post , thus universe must have had beginning , beginning means that something caused it to be , because everything in this universe need cause to do something .

Only something that don't need cause to make cause for something to exist can make universe , that something is God because he never had beginning and has no end .

When you realise that , you realise you have sinned against infinite God .
If you sin against dog and kill it , you may get 2 year jail or pay fine .
If you sin against human and kill him , you will get lifetime ,death penalty or 40 years depending what country and how you did it .
If you sin against infinite God , you deserve infinite punishment .

Even if you wanted to pay your infinite punishment ( infinite debt ) , you can't , because our universe is finite , evn if you made crown out of all atoms in universe , it would be not enought .

Only God himself can pay that debt for you , he sacrifice himself for you. His name is Jesus Christ give him chance for what he has to go through for you , read 1 Cor 15:1-4 then gospel of John , did you know that Jesus resigned from some of his God power so he can feel real pain like man when he come to you? Not only he come to die for you but he also limited himself so he could feel like you.

After ressurection he got his power back , and he will judge you if you don't accept him after that all what he had to go through for you .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Life without God does not make sense , but with God everything is possible. If you are agnostic then i'll give you argument for somebody who has ( i assume ) high expectations .

There either is God or is not . If is not then you just don't exist , but if he is then you better find out who he is and what he wants you to do.

You can either believe , and nothing happend because he is not existing or maybe something will happend after you die , why not give it a chance it does not cost you anything , because God just wants you to accept him , you can still do things you do because it's free gift .

Chances of winning lottery are so low it's not worth your money to invest into it so you ignore it , but if you found a free ticket lying somewhere on ground , wouldn't you pick it up and have " might aswell try whatever " mindset ?

What if i told you that Jesus completed at least 353 prophecy written more than thousand years before he even came to earth , if you wanted to roll dices for this chance there would not be enought atoms in the universe to roll the chances for somebody to completing all of that .
AccordingtotheScriptures.org :: 353 Prophecies Fulfilled in Jesus Christ

I would check out your claim and find it to be false. Reinterpreting verses after the fact does not make them prophecies. Misapplying prophecies does not make them about Jesus. I can't go into details here since this is an apologetics subject.

We live in finite universe , if we did not 2nd law of thermodynamics would say that since universe is infinite long and was forever , thus it would naturally die out of heath , because everything would have same energy and would be so away from everything that it would be cold and you could not have life .

The Second Law of Thermodynamics only goes back to the Big Bang. We really do not understand if it still applies to before then (if there is a before).

But yes, as we know it our universe had a beginning.

Since there is enought energy for me to write this post , thus universe must have had beginning , beginning means that something caused it to be , because everything in this universe need cause to do something .

Again, granted. Something caused the Big Bang. But that is not evidence for a god. This is a common mistake of apologists.

Only something that don't need cause to make cause for something to exist can make universe , that something is God because he never had beginning and has no end .

Sorry, that is jumping to an unsupported conclusion. "We don't know yet" is never an excuse to involve a god.

When you realise that , you realise you have sinned against infinite God .
If you sin against dog and kill it , you may get 2 year jail or pay fine .
If you sin against human and kill him , you will get lifetime ,death penalty or 40 years depending what country and how you did it .
If you sin against infinite God , you deserve infinite punishment .

Whoa! Now you have really jumped the shark. As you know your "God" assumption is not merited. And even if there was a god there is no reason to assume that he is the personal type of "God" that you are referring to.

Even if you wanted to pay your infinite punishment ( infinite debt ) , you can't , because our universe is finite , evn if you made crown out of all atoms in universe , it would be not enought .

Now you are claiming that your "God" is evil and unjust. Why infinite punishment for a very finite "crime" at best?

Only God himself can pay that debt for you , he sacrifice himself for you. His name is Jesus Christ give him chance for what he has to go through for you , read 1 Cor 15:1-4 then gospel of John , did you know that Jesus resigned from some of his God power so he can feel real pain like man when he come to you? Not only he come to die for you but he also limited himself so he could feel like you.

Another failure in reasoning. There is no reason that Jesus had to die on the cross to "pay". But again, now we are heading off into apologetics territory. Can you stick to the thread's topic?

After ressurection he got his power back , and he will judge you if you don't accept him after that all what he had to go through for you .

Empty threats will not get you anywhere in a debate. Once again, let's stick to the science.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
one of the main points of this universe is that it is meaningless. only mind can give meaning to something since it causes everything.

Rom 8:19-23 (YLT)
for the earnest looking out of the creation doth expect the revelation of the sons of God; for to vanity was the creation made subject--not of its will, but because of Him who did subject it --in hope, that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God; for we have known that all the creation doth groan together, and doth travail in pain together till now. And not only so , but also we ourselves, having the first-fruit of the Spirit, we also ourselves in ourselves do groan, adoption expecting--the redemption of our body;

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is an argument here that I am trying to understand which claims we we should not wonder that life exists because that is not anything less improbable that that a tornado exists.

In the cosmos, tornadoes outnumber
organisms infinity to 1.
There is only one example of life
and the number of "forces" that
would cause life remain at zero.

Upvote 0