Is life a good or bad thing for Christians?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No.

No.

No.

Cool - look forward to that :) ....

LOL! Well Jeff, if you insist, but Jesus sher wasn't happy all the time. He got outraged with the moneychangers in the Temple, overturned the tables, and made a whip and DROVE them out of the Temple.

My "hunch" is that He most likely wasn't "smiling".

What do you think?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
LOL! Well Jeff, if you insist, but Jesus sher wasn't happy all the time. He got outraged with the moneychangers in the Temple, overturned the tables, and made a whip and DROVE them out of the Temple.

My "hunch" is that He most likely wasn't "smiling".

What do you think?
hahaha, :) , or :( , I think one or more of the "no's" in my reply answered that question already... eh?

JOY , now, THAT'S a whole other subject ! :)

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
hahaha, :) , or :( , I think one or more of the "no's" in my reply answered that question already... eh?

JOY , now, THAT'S a whole other subject ! :)

Yes, i suspect your no's already answered the question, Jeff.

^_^

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, joy is ALWAYS a GOOD thing. :)
And,

the Kingdom of Yahuweh IS : "Righteousness (continual), Peace (Daily, unshakeable), and JOY (overflowing, A GIFT), "
all with and in and by and through abiding in Yahushua Hamashiach (Jesus Messiah Savior)....

"The strength of our JOY is our UNION with Yahushua Hamashiah (Jesus)", being echad (one) with Him and with the Father.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
And,

the Kingdom of Yahuweh IS : "Righteousness (continual), Peace (Daily, unshakeable), and JOY (overflowing, A GIFT), "
all with and in and by and through abiding in Yahushua Hamashiach (Jesus Messiah Savior)....

"The strength of our JOY is our UNION with Yahushua Hamashiah (Jesus)", being echad (one) with Him and with the Father.

Amen, Jeff. :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I was asking you, to weigh in on your assessment of the positives, if you think there are any.
Do you mean like this ? >>>>

The Sovereign Creator of all life, of the whole universe, Who Himself fills all space and time, in whom every being has existence who exists,
CAUSES (orchestrates?) ALL THINGS
to work together for GOOD to those who LOVE(TRUST< RELY ON< AND OBEY) HIM
WHO ARE CALLED according to HIS PURPOSE.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do you mean like this ? >>>>

The Sovereign Creator of all life, of the whole universe, Who Himself fills all space and time, in whom every being has existence who exists,
CAUSES (orchestrates?) ALL THINGS
to work together for GOOD to those who LOVE(TRUST< RELY ON< AND OBEY) HIM
WHO ARE CALLED according to HIS PURPOSE.
Do you mean that?

I'm not here to tell you what you should find good about life. I'm asking you.

And if you do find good things about life, do they outweigh the negatives you listed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'm not here to tell you what you should find good about life. I'm asking you.

Seek, seeker, and keep seeking, IN SCRIPTURE, FROM YAHUWEH, as no one else is able to grant hope or understanding about what is good and what is not good.

Upvote 0

Gogogo

Dec 4, 2016
France
✟9,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for you answers!

Did Jesus Christ always "look" happy? Was He always "happy"?

Was Jesus always "smiling"?

(i will elaborate if you wish.).
As you demonstrated above he wasn't always smiling.

The Buddhist religion requires the adherent to find a way out of the hardships of life on their own.

The Christian religion states that the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross provided deliverance from the hardships of life for those who accept what he did on their behalf.

Do you see the difference?
I think yes, you say it is more easy for Christians to escape the hardships of life but I think this is linked to the debate between Catholics and Protestant about being saved by faith alone or not.
I believe Catholics think you must do some acts in order to being save and these acts are still something you must accomplish on your own.

Jesus sher
What does mean "sher" please?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for you answers!

As you demonstrated above he wasn't always smiling.

I think yes, you say it is more easy for Christians to escape the hardships of life but I think this is linked to the debate between Catholics and Protestant about being saved by faith alone or not.
I believe Catholics think you must do some acts in order to being save and these acts are still something you must accomplish on your own.

What does mean "sher" please?

No Jesus, nor His followers (Christians) don't always smile.

"Sher" means "sure".

:)

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Did Jesus Christ always "look" happy? Was He always "happy"?

Was Jesus always "smiling"?

(i will elaborate if you wish.).

What's your point? Only Christians assume Jesus is the ultimate ideal for human character.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The Buddhist religion requires the adherent to find a way out of the hardships of life on their own.

This is not true. First ,there is the concept of taking refuge, which implies fellowship. Second, most forms of Buddhism actually have some form of devotional element, and some rely upon tariki or Other Power exclusively.

The Christian religion states that the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross provided deliverance from the hardships of life for those who accept what he did on their behalf.

That's the polemic but it doesn't work out that way in practice. In practice there are things you are expected to do, the same as any other religion.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't speak for the Catholics.

I speak according to Eph.2:8 "By grace you have been saved through faith; and not not of yourselves, it is the gift of God."

That is not subject to debate. The Word of God is the final authority.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's the polemic but it doesn't work out that way in practice. In practice there are things you are expected to do, the same as any other religion.
As far as salvation goes there is nothing for the person to do but believe that Christ has done all that needs to be done for the person to be saved.

As a saved person there is the matter of continuing to believe concerning reading, memorizing God's word for obedience, and discipleship unto spiritual growth to maturity.

But I already covered that in my original posts.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
As far as salvation goes there is nothing for the person to do but believe that Christ has done all that needs to be done for the person to be saved.

As a saved person there is the matter of continuing to believe concerning reading, memorizing God's word for obedience, and discipleship unto spiritual growth to maturity.

Sounds like alot of work, for a religion that supposedly is about Christ doing it all.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like alot of work, for a religion that supposedly is about Christ doing it all.
Christ in us is doing it all. We make our confessions of faith according to God's promises, and He watches over His word to perform it.

What we do is find out the promises of God, then we labor in faith. We live by faith. Not by works of the flesh.

Here are some examples.. these are off the top of my head so the chapter and verse is not included.

We do the truth and come to the light that it may be manifest that our deeds are wrought in God.

God is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we ask or think according to His power that works in us.

Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world.

We are strong in the Lord and the power of His might.

God said "My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in your weakness."

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

It's not me but Christ in me, my hope of glory.

It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God.

Abraham is the father of faith. He became a father because He believed the promise of God that he would be the father of many nations. It was not by his own strength that isaac was born. Throughout his younger years his wife was barren. But God promised while they were both very old, he 100 and she in her nineties.. well beyond the age of conceiving.

Upvote 0