✟14,039.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello

I was considering converting to Judaism and I'm going to be studying Theology next year with Honours at the University in my current city but I hear that Judaism doesn't believe Christ died for our sins, they don't believe in worshipping him, they even call it idolizing, and they also don't believe in the trinity. They take a human logical approach stating that the messiah is yet to come and that the messiah will only come once. They even go as far as stating that the whole Virgin Mary thing was a bit of a lie.

Now I'm not sure if what I read was accurate or not so I just want to know people's opinions and if Judaism is completely different to Christianity.

Rawtheran

Lightmaker For Christ
Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
✟46,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello

I was considering converting to Judaism and I'm going to be studying Theology next year with Honours at the University in my current city but I hear that Judaism doesn't believe Christ died for our sins, they don't believe in worshipping him, they even call it idolizing, and they also don't believe in the trinity. They take a human logical approach stating that the messiah is yet to come and that the messiah will only come once. They even go as far as stating that the whole Virgin Mary thing was a bit of a lie.

Now I'm not sure if what I read was accurate or not so I just want to know people's opinions and if Judaism is completely different to Christianity.

There is no need to convert to Judaism in order to feel close to God. Being a Christian saved by the blood of Jesus means that we are grafted into the same promise that God gave to Abraham and the Jewish people. Now I do think that Israel and the Jewish people are still very significant because 1. It is through the nation of Israel in which God judges the entire world and 2. Israel will be the nation which Jesus will reign from when he returns. While Judaism does worship and acknowledge the true God, it does not and cannot save anyone. Only Jesus can take away our sins and it is only through Jesus that we can have a relationship with God and get into Heaven.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello

Though it is better than many other faiths, Judaism is a fatal downgrade from Christianity. Have you studied the New Testament book of Hebrews? It was written to Christians of Jewish heritage who were thinking about going back to Judaism.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Hello

I hold a very high view of Reform Judaism, but not a too a view of Orthodox Judaism. The thing that I like most about Judaism is that unlike Christianity and Islam, it does not insist that only Christians or Muslims can be saved. Rather, Judaism teaches that men and women of all faiths who abide by the Noahide laws, the laws believed to be given to Noah by God, can go to Heaven.

Despite what most folks on CF claim, Judaism, and Islam for that matter, are not completely different from Christianity. After all, all three faiths worship the God of Abraham. Having said that, there are certainly differences between the three monotheistic faiths. The largest loss by converting to Judaism is that you lose the Gospels, which are the teachings of Jesus. Personally, I would not consider the loss of the Pauline Epistles to be a major loss, but the Gospels are a different matter. Still, I am not one to say that you will go to Hell if you convert to Judaism. After all, Jesus himself was an observant Jew, even considered a rabbi by many. Unlike most here at CF, I believe that we will be judged mostly by our deeds and only a little by what we believe. As I read the Gospels, especially the Gospel of Matthew, there seems little doubt but what this is what Jesus taught.

As to your question, I would say that the answer is "yes", Judaism is good. However, I remain a Christian because I believe that Christianity is better. God bless.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Joyous Song
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello

God destroyed the temple in AD 70 (by the hands of the Romans) effectively killing off the old religion. Because they no longer have means by which sins can be forgiven, it is not possible in modern times to follow the law of Moses. To achieve atonement under the old law required an animal be sacrificed on the approved altar in the prescribed location. And where would you get the water of purification? That required that a red heifer be burned and the ashes added to the water. After David conquered Jerusalem, the approved location was changed from Shilo - where the tabernacle was located, to the new temple, first constructed under Solomon.

Today, it isn't possible to correctly practice Judaism. Besides which, Paul and the apostles taught that the old law was completed through Christ's death and resurrection. The new covenant (prophesied by Daniel and other prophets) has become the standard by which all followers of God should enter into the kingdom.

If you want to "convert" to Judaism, you must in essence reject Christ, the Messiah prophesied to come and replace the animal sacrifices. But even if you did, there is no way for you to follow the Mosaic law. There is no longer a temple nor is there a priestly class of Israel (Levites) to carry out sacrificial duties.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hold a very high view of Reform Judaism, but not a too a view of Orthodox Judaism. The thing that I like most about Judaism is that unlike Christianity and Islam, it does not insist that only Christians or Muslims can be saved. Rather, Judaism teaches that men and women of all faiths who abide by the Noahide laws, the laws believed to be given to Noah by God, can go to Heaven.

Despite what most folks on CF claim, Judaism, and Islam for that matter, are not completely different from Christianity. After all, all three faiths worship the God of Abraham. Having said that, there are certainly differences between the three monotheistic faiths. The largest loss by converting to Judaism is that you lose the Gospels, which are the teachings of Jesus. Personally, I would not consider the loss of the Pauline Epistles to be a major loss, but the Gospels are a different matter. Still, I am not one to say that you will go to Hell if you convert to Judaism. After all, Jesus himself was an observant Jew, even considered a rabbi by many. Unlike most here at CF, I believe that we will be judged mostly by our deeds and only a little by what we believe. As I read the Gospels, especially the Gospel of Matthew, there seems little doubt but what this is what Jesus taught.

As to your question, I would say that the answer is "yes", Judaism is good. However, I remain a Christian because I believe that Christianity is better. God bless.

Can we shop around for the best sounding faith or Has God spoken through the Bible and we need to heed His Word?

• Winner
Reactions: Al Touthentop
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
I hold a very high view of Reform Judaism, but not a too a view of Orthodox Judaism. The thing that I like most about Judaism is that unlike Christianity and Islam, it does not insist that only Christians or Muslims can be saved.

Christ said "and if I am lifted up, I will draw all peoples to myself."

The only exclusion Christ laid upon us was obedience. ("Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord' and do not do the things I say?") Anyone can believe and obey.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ said "and if I am lifted up, I will draw all peoples to myself."

The only exclusion Christ laid upon us was obedience. ("Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord' and do not do the things I say?") Anyone can believe and obey.

Obedience to His Word which expressly eliminates other faiths.

Upvote 0

Rawtheran

Lightmaker For Christ
Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
✟46,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Brother while I understand what you are saying good deeds cannot get you into Heaven. You could be the richest man on Earth and sell all of your possessions to the poor or spend all of your free time at Church serving and all of those things are good but that doesn't take away yours or mine sin nature. You and I can never earn a free ticket into Heaven because we are imperfect beings and completely incapable of saving ourselves. Jesus clearly says in the Gospels that:

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Or Paul who was God's chosen Apostle whether you like it not:

"Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it."- Ephesians 2:9

"What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
"Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin."- Romans 4:1-8

And furthermore people in Islam do not worship the same God as Christians and Jews do. Muslims pick and choose what they want to believe about God while completely ignoring 1700 years of history that preceded their Anti-Christ faith. The Prophet Malachi plainly states:

"For I am the LORD, I do not change" - Malachi 3:6

I do not say these things to anger or provoke you but rather to get you to open your heart to right doctrine and a right relationship with God.
Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello

While Jews are fleeing Judaism for Jesus Christ of Nazareth, there are Christians rejecting Jesus Christ of Nazareth for Judaism. You have to choose. You can not serve two masters.
Jesus Christ of Nazareth is God.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello

Do you mean you are thinking about converting to Rabbinic Judaism, because that's the mainstream form that is practiced and believed today. Most, not all, Jews today believe the Old Testament is mostly, if not all, metaphorical. Most aren't religious. Most do not believe an afterlife. You need to study the various branches, and the main core beliefs they hold, to better understand what they are. Christianity is vastly different than Judaism, not just regarding Jesus whom they count as a blaspheming liar and false prophet. It seems that people think Judaism is just Christianity without Christ, far from the truth. It has evolved into something more monstrous. It is different than Second Temple Judaism understood in Paul's day.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Judaism teaches that men and women of all faiths who abide by the Noahide laws, the laws believed to be given to Noah by God, can go to Heaven.

Which unfortunately Is TOTALLY UNTRUE.

Salvation - i.e. Being Born Again of the Holy Spirit IS ONLY POSSIBLE through repentance and FAITH given by God in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the cross. The LAW ("noahide, mosaic, or other) makes NOBODY RIGHTEOUS - period.

Any religious system which does NOT keep Jesus Christ in His proper place as LORD, and SAVIOR, and THE ONLY WAY for man to be cleansed of his sin, and be heaven bound - IS A FALSE RELIGIOUS SYSTEM which can only doom it's adherants to an eternal hell.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello

Christianity is Judaism completed. Jesus was a Jew so shouldn't our basis be Judaism? Like if the Jews had accepted Jesus as their Messiah, they would be Christians right? We should honor what they honored no?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christianity is Judaism completed. Jesus was a Jew so shouldn't our basis be Judaism? Like if the Jews had accepted Jesus as their Messiah, they would be Christians right? We should honor what they honored no?

But they didnt - and this remains the case today with few exceptions.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Judaism and Christianity are different faiths. I’ve followed both and lived as a Jew. For some, it’s the doorway to God. It was the avenue for my homecoming.

In practice and spirit my theology is more Jewish. My faith is straightforward. Being and living take precedence to study. Experiencing His presence is more important.

I kept Christ and got rid of most of the Protestant ideologies. The end result is more authentic and sustaining than what I experienced in the past.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello

Judaism rejects Christ.

Upvote 0

RCrihfield

Sep 25, 2020
Alliance
✟16,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello

Hebrews 6:

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

So, having been a Christian all this time you now want to return to a faith that says Jesus is a fraud and had him crucified? I hear there are many nice things about the Muslim faith and Buddhism is said to be very peaceable. Maybe we can find God through one of these, too.

I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the father but by ME.

Being a Jew is to be anti-Christ (no, not the antichrist). It is no better than being a Muslim or an atheist. They have no special place with God outside of Christ. Why do Christians believe that?

Don't walk away from Jesus for there is no other name under heaven by which you must be saved.

Upvote 0