Is Joe Biden running in 2020 for President?

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah, that's kinda the conclusion I'm coming to, now that Ross Perot has died and I can't write him in any more ;). But seriously, I think the time is better spent praying, since we're not going to be able to vote ourselves off this path the world is on.
If you ( in general not just you as a person) do not vote then you have no right to complain about whatever the outcome is.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you ( in general not just you as a person) do not vote then you have no right to complain about whatever the outcome is.
Not necessarily. In California, if you vote for anyone but a democrat in the presidential election, your vote is nullified and tossed out (thank you EC!). If you vote for a proposition, there's a good chance your vote will be nullified and thrown out by a judge. And if not by a judge, then by the legislature and governor. What's the point in voting when your vote has a good chance of being nullified?

And, if all roads lead to the antichrist, is not voting for the next stepping stone a vote towards that end?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not necessarily. In California, if you vote for anyone but a democrat in the presidential election, your vote is nullified and tossed out (thank you EC!). If you vote for a proposition, there's a good chance your vote will be nullified and thrown out by a judge. And if not by a judge, then by the legislature and governor. What's the point in voting when your vote has a good chance of being nullified?

And, if all roads lead to the antichrist, is not voting for the next stepping stone a vote towards that end?
I am not going to not let my voice be heard. Actually, the EC is designed so that larger states do not have all the power. Personally, I feel that the EC should be run the way that ME and NE choose to. That is to say that two of their votes go to the most popular in the state while the other two and three ( respectfully) go to the person who won that particular district ( Which may or may not be the same person).

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not necessarily. In California, if you vote for anyone but a democrat in the presidential election, your vote is nullified and tossed out (thank you EC!).

It's not nullified or tossed out. It just isn't enough to elect that slate of electors. It's hardly any different from what happens with a direct popular vote system!

If two candidates are in the running and one gets 1000 votes while the other receives 990, the second one loses, that's all. It is not as though the 990 votes are "nullified" or "tossed out."

However, in California there have been so many gimmicks put on the electoral laws by a Democrat legislature that you are right to think the intention--and the result--is to slant the outcome towards the Democrats. Therefore, I cannot disagree entirely with your thinking about the general situation in CA.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the abstract, do you believe it is appropriate for the POTUS to ask (and perhaps coerce) a foreign head of government to investigate his political opponent?
Was that a "yes" or "no"?

If it is fair to investigate Trump then it is fair to investigate Biden. Liberal have to play by their own rules. Clearly Biden's son on the pay role of a Ukraine company is a conflict of interest. Biden can not defend himself so he is trying to accuse Trump of an illegal investigation. As if it were against the law to investigate people for braking the law.

Upvote 0