United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You trust those 'historical records'?
Was Osama bin Laden really behind the 9-11 attacks? Did 500 people really get shot In Las Vegas this last "Worst Mass Shooting in US History"? .. this all will be "well documented in the National Archives" and in 50 to 100 years talked about as it was actually "recorded", not what it really was.
Photographs? You mean like NASA and their globe earth from space? Or their 'planets', and space-satellites? Is earth really a Globe just because 500 years ago they put globes in every classroom, in the whole world?

You know, for the past year I've been searching "National archives" and every other historical records, and going out with my 10" Celestron looking for Erths curvature, .. you know that 8" squared per mile curvature, .. and for the life of me, I cannot find it?? Seems 'no one can' without using 'convex lenses'!?

Just asking?

Of course you're not going to see any curvature. Because the earth is a pyramid shape. How else is Jesus going to dock his spaceship when he returns? Wake up, sheeple!

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
If we can't trust or at least have a little trust in historical records from not even 200 years ago (eye witnesses to old Abe were still alive during WW2), anything that is beyond that we can probably just throw out the window for sure.

Greetings friend, and I love @TheOldWays!

Well, maybe not 'throw it out the window', but we should definitely not build our faith on them alone.
The Bible reveals who the writers were, their strengths and weaknesses, but other Historical documents mostly relay only the event.
Like Newspaper headlines, we know how those are to capture our attention, right? But a hundred years later, we use it as facts and proofs, forgetting what the main purpose of the Newspapers, like the Politicians speeches, .. first and foremost goals really are!?
This is why I brought up the 'definition of faith', how it is defined in the world today, and how the Bible defines the "faith" that God requires us to have.

Hebrews 1:11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

The way it is interpreted today, and how I understood it most of my Christian life was more like:

"Now faith is hope, of things not seen"

.. never once have I considered the 'evidence with substance' pert of it, .. which is what? That would be; 'empirical evidence', and not "blind faith".

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Of course you're not going to see any curvature. Because the earth is a pyramid shape. How else is Jesus going to dock his spaceship when he returns? Wake up, sheeple!

Ah, I see you grew up on Disney and NASA Globe Earth twirling through sci-fi space cartoons too!

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Waaaaait, wait, wait...

Flat-Earthers are a real thing?
I thought they were a parody of Creationists (which, to be fair, *do* exhibit the same amount of scientific illiteracy, only in areas of expertise that are less immediately tangible).
Has America's education really sunk so low?

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Waaaaait, wait, wait...

I thought they were a parody of Creationists (which, to be fair, *do* exhibit the same amount of scientific illiteracy, only in areas of expertise that are less immediately tangible).

Very difficult to tell these days whether people really believe this nonsense, or whether we are being trolled, or whether someone is trying to make Christians look like fools by posing as an extreme version of a biblical literalist.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Waaaaait, wait, wait...

Hello @Jane_the_Bane yes, Americas and the whole worlds education has sunk so low, .. especially with the Nazi creation of NASA (look up "Operation Paperclip")

Why, what made you 'believe' that our obviously Flat Earth is a spinning, twirling ball on an expanding Spacetime Fabric full of 'black holes'?
Let me guess, the same powers and principalities controlling the people who gave us globes in school, and sci-fi comics, magazines, 2-D and later CGI-generated 3-D cartoons, 'artist rendered images/drawings' of sci-fi planets, galaxies and a Big-banged universe, .. and of course movies! Lot's and lots of sci-fi movies.
Yes, we have been stupefied by the same people/organization that gives us Chem-trails:

One was Disney, and can you guess who was the other?
It was 10 billion dollars a month budget NASA

Want to go to Mars, hey no problem:

Here is a bunch of proofs of our Flat Earth, .. enjoy:

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I honestly cannot tell if you are just a very dedicated troll or a bona fide champion of the new dark ages.

Okay, so you think an evil Nazi conspiracy founded NASA to convince the public of a lie.
Too bad that
a) mankind figured out that the earth wasn't flat as early as antiquity, with Greek philosophers testing the hypothesis and finding it to be correct. In fact, Erastothenes even managed to measure the circumference of the planet by measuring the midday shadow in Syene and Alexandria at the time of the summer solstice, with a minimal margin of error.
The big debate throughout recorded history wasn't whether the earth was round or flat. The debate was whether the earth stood at the centre of everything, with the rest of the universe revolving around it in spherical shapes, or whether the planet revolved around the sun.
b) not only did NASA not introduce the idea, they are also not the only ones out there. And many of those either were or still are fundamentally at odds with the USA, having NO reason whatsoever to participate in the deception. Apart from the ESA in Europe and the ISRO in India, you've also got space programs in Russia, China, heck, even North Korea. And that's not even taking into account that apart from organizations that actually launch into space, there's lots of plain astronomers, astrophysicists, etc, all of which would have to be "in on the secret" in order to maintain it. Across borders. Everywhere. Without exception. Astronomy courses in college would basically start with students being ushered into dark rooms, where they are sworn to secrecy and become part of the Cabal.

But maybe I've just fed your paranoid delusions with a new scenario. Maybe I am part of that scenario. Guess you'll never know.

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I honestly cannot tell if you are just a very dedicated troll or a bona fide champion of the new dark ages.

Okay, so you think an evil Nazi conspiracy founded NASA to convince the public of a lie.
Too bad that
a) mankind figured out that the earth wasn't flat as early as antiquity, with Greek philosophers testing the hypothesis and finding it to be correct. In fact, Erastothenes even managed to measure the circumference of the planet by measuring the midday shadow in Syene and Alexandria at the time of the summer solstice, with a minimal margin of error.

You don't do math much, do you? Like Trigonometry, .. in the Southern Hemisphere the suns East-West travel is more to the North, while in the Northern Hemisphere (like for us here in the States) the suns East to West travel is obviously to the South of us, .. correct? Between two observers, one at the North, and the other at the South, at High Noon, would observe this phenomena at the same time (one looking to the North as the sun is traveling, and the other to the south)
Now make a triangle and see of this was possible if the sun was 93 million miles away 432,288 miles in Diameter!?

Let's have the sun at the equator, now we have two observers 3,000 miles apart, one standing and looking up at the sun to the North of him, and the other in the Northern Hemisphere seeing the same sun, at the same time, on their cell phones reporting it to be to the south of him. Now ask Erastothenes if it would be possible to see the sun that is supposed to be 93 million miles away, looking at it at the same time "High noon", .. from one side, and the other side only separated by a few thousand miles?
Or, do the Trig yourself?

The big debate throughout recorded history wasn't whether the earth was round or flat. The debate was whether the earth stood at the centre of everything, with the rest of the universe revolving around it in spherical shapes, or whether the planet revolved around the sun.

It's obvious that the Earth is unmovable, and that the stars (not planets) revolve around us. Did you see the video I posted by "Eric Dubay Answers Everyone's Question on the Flat Earth?"

b) not only did NASA not introduce the idea, they are also not the only ones out there. And many of those either were or still are fundamentally at odds with the USA, having NO reason whatsoever to participate in the deception. Apart from the ESA in Europe and the ISRO in India, you've also got space programs in Russia, China, heck, even North Korea.

NAZI-NASA took full ownership of the imaginary space-vacuum with the millions and billions and trillions of planets and suns sci-fi Fairytale story

This 'Cosmos', and Disney and NASA space cartoons is what we grew up on, all CGI cartoons and paintings with the constant MK-ultra brain washing of the repeated words like; Globe, space, millions and billions of years ago all associated with the word: "science".
Who do you think invented the Big-Bang story? Yep, the Jesuit priest George Lemaitre, most likely this vision came to him as he prayed before the statue of Mary!? So you will have to show me some real proof why I should believe in this Big-Banged Globe Earth sci-fi story?

Odds with the New World Order, .. err I mean with the US? The idea was always to "take God our Creator out of the equation", that's why the Christian-Religion was invented.
One, to take over the Books that make up the Bible and interpret it from a controlled Religious perspective (making our Infinite Creator God "I Am" into three-gods-in one idea), second to take over science, which the Catholic Jesuits started 500 years ago by putting Globes in School rooms even in Ming-China. Stars were reinvented as planets and named after Greek and Roman gods, by Greek philosophers and backed up by Religious Roman leaders like the Popes.

No one hates God, even the mention of God more than Russia, China, and especially North Korea. So of course they would go along with it. Do you know what happens to people in Communist countries that mention the word "God", let alone gather for Bible studies?

And that's not even taking into account that apart from organizations that actually launch into space, there's lots of plain astronomers, astrophysicists, etc, all of which would have to be "in on the secret" in order to maintain it. Across borders. Everywhere. Without exception.

In on the secret? Of course they're all in on this imaginary space with imaginary planets, and it's NOT a secret. Is it a 'secret' that Daytime Soap's are not real? Yet just about every housewife talks about the events as if they were real! Look, do these look like planets to you?

I can see these with my 10" Celestron, and even with the naked eye you can see the "twinkling stars" Some flat, some round, each star carefully and wonderfully made and "named" by Our Creator. Why do you think they renamed them with pagan god names like Mars, Jupiter, Venus etc.?

Now look at what NASA gives us:

https://nerdist.com/nasa-announces-gorgeous-new-planet-space-stamps-including-pluto/

Astronomy courses in college would basically start with students being ushered into dark rooms, where they are sworn to secrecy and become part of the Cabal.

I shown you actual pictures of stars, and what NASA shows us. We have been all brainwashed, and people both see, and believe what their Religious science tells them to believe, even when they see the real thing for themselves.

But maybe I've just fed your paranoid delusions with a new scenario. Maybe I am part of that scenario. Guess you'll never know.

Oh no my friend, a year ago I was right there where you are now. Sometimes we have to see something so out of place to what we thought we seen to make us stop and think. Check this video out? I am not saying one way or another, but this should make you wonder just how deep the Rabbit hole really goes? Take your time, watch half and come back for the other half a day or so later.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
“But he said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.'"”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:31‬ ‭NASB‬‬
That might even persuade me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not me. That kind of pre-emptive strike against reasonable doubt is a staple of cult propaganda.
Not sure what youre referring to.

If I saw someone rise from the dead, I would certainly acknowledge that there's more possibilities in the world than I'd previously thought

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,329.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Not sure what youre referring to.

If I saw someone rise from the dead, I would certainly acknowledge that there's more possibilities in the world than I'd previously thought
Me too! But thus far have never seen it happen.

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Me too! But thus far have never seen it happen.

The question was: "Would you believe it even if you did?"

Do you believe we went on the Moon? How about landing on a star they call the god "Mars"?
If so, why?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I mean any evidence on Jesus being a real person, and if so how do we know he was who he says he is. Don't just say there are or are not list them out.

The answer is very simple: You (We) can not.
Turn in a blank sheet, or change subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aiden236

Jul 26, 2017
orange beach
✟25,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The answer is very simple: You (We) can not.
Turn in a blank sheet, or change subject.

I think you are mistaken proof and evidence. And if you aren't mistaken then that is a very interesting thing to hear from a baptist christian

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Waaaaait, wait, wait...

Oh, they're real. But they seem to be proliferating. In the last two years I've encountered more flat-earthers than in my entire lifetime prior combined.

And, yes, America's education really is that bad--but the phenomenon isn't limited to the US. They hail from all over the globe (tee hee).

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would like for you all to list reasons why Jesus is and isnt historically correct. If he is then how do we know he is who he says he is. I am writing a paper on the matter.

Thank you!
Hello Aiden.

Virtually all scholars who write on the subject agree that Jesus existed,[5][6][7][8] although scholars differ about the beliefs and teachings of Jesus as well as the accuracy of the biblical accounts, and the only two events subject to "almost universal assent" are that Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist and was crucified by the order of the Roman Prefect Pontius Pilate.[9][10][11][12] (wikipedia)

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think you are mistaken proof and evidence. And if you aren't mistaken then that is a very interesting thing to hear from a baptist christian

I might have. Seeking evidence is fine. But, no proof.

You asked: "I mean any evidence on Jesus being a real person, and if so how do we know he was who he says he is." The second part of question is asking for proof. Otherwise, the evidence is enough to let us "know" that.

Reactions: Aiden236
Upvote 0

Aiden236

Jul 26, 2017
orange beach
✟25,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I might have. Seeking evidence is fine. But, no proof.

You asked: "I mean any evidence on Jesus being a real person, and if so how do we know he was who he says he is." The second part of question is asking for proof. Otherwise, the evidence is enough to let us "know" that.
cool cool. Yea thats what I meant ha :)

Upvote 0