Is Jesus the only one who can pay for our sins?

eldios

May 12, 2017
San Franscisco
✟1,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Why not? They have not only impressed you so far, but you whole-heartedly believe them.

I know why Satan and the beast was created by our Creator but you have no idea why. If you had the mind of Christ that I possess, then you would understand everything written in the Bible and know what scriptures came from Satan and the beast and what came from Christ.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know why Satan and the beast was created by our Creator but you have no idea why. If you had the mind of Christ that I possess, then you would understand everything written in the Bible and know what scriptures came from Satan and the beast and what came from Christ.

Happy hunting.

Upvote 0

eldios

May 12, 2017
San Franscisco
✟1,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Your plan will die when you do,

I can easily see that you don't understand anything you read in the Bible.

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Isaiah 66
15: "For behold, the LORD will come in fire, and his chariots like the stormwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16: For by fire will the LORD execute judgment, and by his sword, upon all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.

Jeremiah 4
22: "For my people are foolish, they know me not; they are stupid children, they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil, but how to do good they know not."
23: I looked on the earth, and lo, it was waste and void; and to the heaven, and they had no light.
24: I looked on the mountains, and lo, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro.
25: I looked, and lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the air had fled.
26: I looked, and lo, the fruitful land was a desert, and all its cities were laid in ruins before the LORD, before his fierce anger.
27: For thus says the LORD, "The whole land shall be a desolation; yet I will not make a full end.
28: For this the earth shall mourn, and the heavens above be black; for I have spoken, I have purposed; I have not relented nor will I turn back."

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can easily see that you don't understand anything you read in the Bible.

Thank you; you are one kind individual.

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Isaiah 66
15: "For behold, the LORD will come in fire, and his chariots like the stormwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16: For by fire will the LORD execute judgment, and by his sword, upon all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.

Jeremiah 4
22: "For my people are foolish, they know me not; they are stupid children, they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil, but how to do good they know not."
23: I looked on the earth, and lo, it was waste and void; and to the heaven, and they had no light.
24: I looked on the mountains, and lo, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro.
25: I looked, and lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the air had fled.
26: I looked, and lo, the fruitful land was a desert, and all its cities were laid in ruins before the LORD, before his fierce anger.
27: For thus says the LORD, "The whole land shall be a desolation; yet I will not make a full end.
28: For this the earth shall mourn, and the heavens above be black; for I have spoken, I have purposed; I have not relented nor will I turn back."

I believe everything you wrote above. I don't believe you!

Upvote 0

eldios

May 12, 2017
San Franscisco
✟1,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Thank you; you are one kind individual.

This fact has nothing to do with being kind or not. It comes from our Father in heaven that you cannot understand anything in the Bible because you are not one of His servants who has gone through the justification process and been glorified before testifying to His knowledge called Christ. It's impossible to understand anything in the Bible unless you're a chosen servant of His.

I believe everything you wrote above. I don't believe you!

I know you don't believe because you weren't chosen to believe the word of the Lord.

Romans 11:
3: "Lord, they have killed thy prophets, they have demolished thy altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life."
4: But what is God's reply to him? "I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Ba'al."
5: So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.
6: But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
7: What then? Israel failed to obtain what it sought. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened,
8: as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that should not see and ears that should not hear, down to this very day."

John 15
18: "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
19: If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
25: It is to fulfil the word that is written in their law, `They hated me without a cause.

Jeremiah 6
10: To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are closed, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the LORD is to them an object of scorn, they take no pleasure in it.

Upvote 0

shakewell

Jun 17, 2013
✟40,638.00
Faith
Christian
Can unbelievers pay for their sins by being in Hell or is Jesus the only one who can pay for our sins (link)?

Only Jesus can pay for our sins. If a person in hell could pay for their sins, they'd get out of hell once they're paid for. That never happens.

• Agree
Reactions: Fish14
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only Jesus can pay for our sins. If a person in hell could pay for their sins, they'd get out of hell once they're paid for. That never happens.

What was the payment Jesus paid?

The remission of the penalty for sin comes from repentance and forgiveness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shakewell

Jun 17, 2013
✟40,638.00
Faith
Christian
What was the payment Jesus paid?
To stay on track with the OP's concern, you might want to address that question to Fish14.

The remission of the penalty for sin comes from repentance and forgiveness.
I agree (coupled with Christ's provision for forgiveness of course).

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know you don't believe because you weren't chosen to believe the word of the Lord.
Are you mad as in crazy? Who would tell another human being that, much less another Christian?

You have no idea. None. Only Christ knows for sure anyone's eternal destination.

You should apologize for that. That is not right at all.

Upvote 0