Is Jesus the answer to all of life's problems?

Jun 23, 2011
✟9,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need education to get a good job, we need to be healthy to have a good body, we need to save money to buy something important.

Many problems in life are the result of the natural order, people chose their partner according to carnal, social and material factors etc, so can Jesus be the solution when he's not part of the equation of life's big decisions?

Neither is the devil so isnt that something that should be emphasised more?

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, certainly Jesus is the answer to *the* problem we have, namely death. But as for all the other problems in life, I don't see Him as the answer man. I still have to work to make money to pay bills to live, etc. I still have to maintain my health so that I can work... Jesus isn't going to rain down dollars so I can pay my bills or keep me healthy necessarily. That stuff is up to me.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is if the underlying causes of those problems are matters of the heart, mind, and soul. You won't be granted material perfection of having this or that; only whats needed spiritually to accept what you have and honestly do the most with it. Not all who're lacking in life are willing do what's needed, even for what they want. That's when Jesus comes into the picture.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We need education to get a good job, we need to be healthy to have a good body, we need to save money to buy something important.

Many problems in life are the result of the natural order, people chose their partner according to carnal, social and material factors etc, so can Jesus be the solution when he's not part of the equation of life's big decisions?

Neither is the devil so isnt that something that should be emphasised more?

What is modern society built upon?
Where does the idea of equality in life and under the law come from?

Where does the idea of carring for others come from?

The answer is Christianity.

So Jesus is tremendously important to the way we live today and the assualts upon the Christian bases for modern society means that equality and fairness are fast being discarded.

Upvote 0

TNF_13

Sep 17, 2017
Minnesota
Visit site
✟28,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, certainly Jesus is the answer to *the* problem we have, namely death. But as for all the other problems in life, I don't see Him as the answer man. I still have to work to make money to pay bills to live, etc. I still have to maintain my health so that I can work... Jesus isn't going to rain down dollars so I can pay my bills or keep me healthy necessarily. That stuff is up to me.
Precisely. Jesus makes a nice Sunday-school answer, but the reality of the world is much more complex. He saves us from our sins, certainly, but Jesus is not our personal genie to fix our problems, however we want them fixed.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am new to the forum so I am learning the prevailing ethos seems rather different than mine. I do have however a long life of walking with Jesus behind me. I find that not only is Jesus deeply interested in guiding my life decisions but His plans for me have been very specific. I have adopted a daily surrender to His best way ahead, knowing that He sees what is best for me much better than I do. The norm should be to hear His voice on matters that concern us, He said 'My sheep hear my voice' and 'You will hear a voice behind you saying - this is the way, walk in it.' This perspective on our relationship with Him is not popular because the way is narrow and few find it. Fear of total surrender is a big factor in missing this vibrant communion. I am not afraid to speak about what I have learned at this stage of life. My life has been punctuated by the miraculous, 'the way' is demanding, exciting and fulfilling. Sure there are seasons of testing and desert experiences but these are vital for preparation. My journey has included a forty year wait for a season of service. Our walk of faith is not to be passively subject to the natural order and wait for death. Rather Jesus love is personal and vibrant, closer than a brother, friends not slaves, loved not just noticed, ever watching us, not indifferent, Love you all, Carl Emerson.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so it wouldnt help in time limited problems if the soul needs fixing first? serious question.

If it's a spiritual problem, it'll need as much spiritual solving as needed. That depends on the person and the problem. Same for physical/material problems, sometimes the person has what they need when there's a problem to solve it at the moment or it's a small problem they can quickly get what they need to solve it; if they don't have what they need or it's a big problem, then more time is needed. Life isn't convenient for our wants or needs, we aren't the center of the universe. All you can do is deal with it the best you can and ask others for help; accept what can be done and let go of what can't.

Upvote 0
Jun 23, 2011
✟9,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it's a spiritual problem, it'll need as much spiritual solving as needed. That depends on the person and the problem. Same for physical/material problems, sometimes the person has what they need when there's a problem to solve it at the moment or it's a small problem they can quickly get what they need to solve it; if they don't have what they need or it's a big problem, then more time is needed. Life isn't convenient for our wants or needs, we aren't the center of the universe. All you can do is deal with it the best you can and ask others for help; accept what can be done and let go of what can't.

so i guess you're saying Jesus helps in certain situations, but others no.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so i guess you're saying Jesus helps in certain situations, but others no.

He can help in all situations giving time for us to know and understand. But at the same time it won't be what we expect or want. Remember we're flawed humans living in a fallen world; we're not perfect and it's not. What Jesus does is helps us to accept this while doing our best with the circumstances.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus is emphatically NOT about getting along smoothly in the world. He never preached that we should be well adjusted to a sick society.

So no... don't look to Jesus for those answers. He's not interested in that kind of question.

The more Jesus makes you a disciple, the more complicated your life will become.

Upvote 0
Jun 23, 2011
✟9,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remember we're flawed humans living in a fallen world; we're not perfect and it's not. What Jesus does is helps us to accept this while doing our best with the circumstances.

So if youre born with literally nothing, and have no socio-economic mobility, then you're probably going to not benefit. Its sounds pretty dire, and benefits rich western people with insurance who dont need a miracle to survive.

or does God help those who have nothing and have no choice?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So if youre born with literally nothing, and have no socio-economic mobility, then you're probably going to not benefit. Its sounds pretty dire, and benefits rich western people with insurance who dont need a miracle to survive.

or does God help those who have nothing and have no choice?

He can help in all situations giving time for us to know and understand. But at the same time it won't be what we expect or want. Remember we're flawed humans living in a fallen world; we're not perfect and it's not. What Jesus does is helps us to accept this while doing our best with the circumstances.

I was talking about expectations and wants from God and people; not needing God's and people's help. It's the attitude of having a certain mindset and heartfelt appreciation valuing your life for what you have and not what you don't. Yes people have difficult material circumstances, but spiritually there's more to life. If all of us understood this I think not only would we have God's help, but by him we'd help others too; even if it's difficult for him or us considering our own imperfections and circumstances.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Faith isn't necessarily going to make you "successful" in the conventional sense. Faith adds depth to your experience of the world.

Upvote 0
Jun 23, 2011
✟9,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith isn't necessarily going to make you "successful" in the conventional sense. Faith adds depth to your experience of the world.

most people in this world would love to have "normal", what the wealthy west takes for granted. stop stretching the point, people live in dire circumstances, they dont want a sports car!

or their own private jet!

Upvote 0
Jun 23, 2011
✟9,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was talking about expectations and wants from God and people; not needing God's and people's help. It's the attitude of having a certain mindset and heartfelt appreciation valuing your life for what you have and not what you don't. Yes people have difficult material circumstances, but spiritually there's more to life. If all of us understood this I think not only would we have God's help, but by him we'd help others too; even if it's difficult for him or us considering our own imperfections and circumstances.

i dont think thats true at all. do you know people in deep need who pray every day, and why is it that they are still there????

Upvote 0