Dec 27, 2017
✟480,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
well is he? if not then what? how does scripture inform us?
You better believe it - it's actually a key point in the Gospel that one must understand. The apostle John says if one doesn't admit that Jesus came in the flesh, he is antichrist (1 John 4:2-3).

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

If you mean "Is Jesus still human?" then the answer is a resounding yes. Hebrews 2:9 affirms that Jesus as a man is exalted at the right hand of God in heaven.

If you mean "Is Jesus still corruptible flesh?" then the answer is no by virtue of his resurrection. He has a glorified human body like we will have when we are also glorified.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Funny how people are quick enough to admit that Jesus has a physical body (albeit glorified), and they often quote the verse that we will be like angels at the resurrection (who neither marry nor are given in marriage), and that we will be raised like Christ was, but no one ever seems to make the logical connection to say that angels have physical bodies. It's always the assertion that angels are only spirits. Yet, we saw Christ, after the resurrection, doing things much like an angel, appearing to people at will and ascending into Heaven just like the angels in Jacob's dream.

Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟480,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Funny how people are quick enough to admit that Jesus has a physical body (albeit glorified), and they often quote the verse that we will be like angels at the resurrection (who neither marry nor are given in marriage), and that we will be raised like Christ was, but no one ever seems to make the logical connection to say that angels have physical bodies. It's always the assertion that angels are only spirits. Yet, we saw Christ, after the resurrection, doing things much like an angel, appearing to people at will and ascending into Heaven just like the angels in Jacob's dream.
Well Jesus is God so he can be everywhere at once, just like while he was on earth and in heaven at the same time prior to his passion (John 3:13). The Bible says that angels specifically are spirits (Hebrews 1:14) and Jesus says specifically that spirits do not have flesh and bone (Luke 24:39). Jesus is making the point that we will be like the angels in terms of not marrying or having marriage, because we will have our spiritual bodies (like unto Christ) according to 1 Corinthians 15:42-53, but we will nonetheless have bodies like him.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lu 24:39 "Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
does he still has his resurrected flesh? has it changed after his ascension?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

I'm not convinced that angels have physical bodies. They may certainly appear in physical form, but they most often interact with us in non-physical form. The Bible teaches that angels minister to us and help us receive salvation. They bear us up lest we strike out foots against stones. Yet we do not see them. If they had physical bodies, we would be able to see them. Unless, of course, their bodies are microscopic.

When Jesus says that we will be like angels, he is specifically referring to the fact that angels do not marry. He may even be saying that angels are not sexual and that in the resurrection we might not be sexual. But I don't know for certain on those things.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

No. He ascended in the same flesh in which he was raised and will come again in the same flesh in which he was raised.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Funny how people are quick enough to admit that Jesus has a physical body (albeit glorified), and they often quote the verse that we will be like angels at the resurrection (who neither marry nor are given in marriage), and that we will be raised like Christ was, but no one ever seems to make the logical connection to say that angels have physical bodies. .

There's NO "logical connection". Angels are a different order of creation. The reason that Christ has a body now is because God chose to assume one.

Upvote 0

oldrunner

Supporter
Aug 2, 2018
usa
✟37,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
He will be glorified but will eat and drink when He returns! :oldthumbsup: Just like us in the Mill Kingdom and Heavenly city. We will have a new spiritual nature and body, but it will be like Jesus', a continuation- because we are body, soul, and spirit. Read the book, Heaven by Randy Alcorn. It will changed your perspective on what Heaven will be like. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Randy...647870&sr=8-1&keywords=heaven+by+randy+alcorn

Luk 22:15  Then He said to them, "With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; 

Luk 22:16  for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God." 

Luk 22:17  Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, "Take this and divide it among yourselves; 

Luk 22:18  for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."

Rev 22:2  In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It certainly changed--at his Resurrection. We usually refer to that as his glorified body.

There is no Scriptural basis for assuming that it became something else after the Ascension.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think the body of Jesus was somehow changed, because he could appear behind locked door, as told in this:

When therefore it was evening, on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were locked where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, "Peace be to you."
John 20:19

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. He ascended in the same flesh in which he was raised and will come again in the same flesh in which he was raised.

How will every eye across the globe see that? Only the Apostles in the exact vicinity were able to see Him ascend, so, how will a person on the ground, in a forest In Japan, for example, be able to witness with his eyes His physical physical feet touch down upon the mount of Olives in Jerusalem?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 18:20

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.

If He is currently in the flesh, does that mean every time two or three are gathered in His name, He appears in the flesh in their midst??

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yes, Jesus still has a flesh and blood body.

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them." (Hebrews 7:25).

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." (Revelation 1:18).

Side Note:

This does not mean that Jesus cannot abide in the hearts of all believers in His spirit form as the Eternal Logos, though. Jesus dwells in the hearts of all true believers and in a physical flesh and blood real body up in Heaven.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is already another topic on that.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 John 3:2
Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

John, an eyewitness to the resurrected flesh body of Jesus, here testifies infallibly that it had not been revealed to him what Jesus presently, in Heaven, looks like. This indicates plainly that some sort of appreciable change to His physical appearance happened at or after the ascension, otherwise, John would not have said so.

Later, John was brought to heaven and witnessed Jesus Looking like this:

Revelation 5:6
And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

So here again we have the apostle infallibly testifying that, In heaven, Jesus has taken the non-human form of a Lamb with 7 horns and 7 eyes.... Unquestionably different physical features than he had when He ascended.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If angels are not only spirits then how are they made into a flame of fire?

Upvote 0