ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are there any verses that confirm He is a man?
I'm thinking off the top of my head that He is the Son of God. Don't quote me though. :rolleyes:

And Mary's first born son, who He then gave to the disciple John to care for His mother when He knew He would be crucified soon.

What would ever even give an idea that Jesus was not a man. Could He have traveled Israel unmarried if He was a woman? I don't think so.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What are the most common doctrines of demons today?
I think that we can loose our salvation. Calvinism that some are chosen for eternal life and some are chosen for eternal death or removal from God. The last one I will throw in there that is general is the prosperity gospel, that God blesses His Children through wealth.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think that we can loose our salvation. Calvinism that some are chosen for eternal life and some are chosen for eternal death or removal from God. The last one I will throw in there that is general is the prosperity gospel, that God blesses His Children through wealth.

Loosing salvation is not a doctrine of demons. You can't accept Jesus and do whatever you want and expect to go to Heaven. I agree the other ones all are.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes... the defining what a "doctrine of demon" is might be important because if the idea is that it will pull one away from God, the Adversary wins. Is Yeshua a male? Well, make him a woman or something the LGBT community can accept, and we have altered his character, taken from his reputation... and biblically speaking, that is what "profaning his name" means. And, that would be a doctrine of demons. It is like attacking the virgin birth... "But maiden is a better translation." Yes, but a "unmarried woman" (maiden) in that culture was a virgin so why start the argument when it will only cause strife? Because it is the doctrine of a foul spirit to cause strife and divide, not the Spirit of God.
The fact that we are even discussing if Christ was a male is showing that we take way too much of our identity from the world.

Why we even have went there to me is ludacris. Who did God create first, male or female. When female was created, part of the male was taken and the female was formed.

This is basic Christainity 101

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The fact that we are even discussing if Christ was a male is showing that we take way too much of our identity from the world.

Why we even have went there to me is ludacris. Who did God create first, male or female. When female was created, part of the male was taken and the female was formed.

This is basic Christainity 101

Is that why male is the default gender?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Loosing salvation is not a doctrine of demons. You can't accept Jesus and do whatever you want and expect to go to Heaven. I agree the other ones all are.
So says Superhero Sam who is not God and cannot save anyone.

So your is OPINION. Why do you tell God what to do? Are you like God, to tell God what He can do?

You must be all that and a bag of sour cream and onion high tier potato chips.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So says Superhero Sam who is not God and cannot save anyone.

So your is OPINION. Why do you tell God what to do? Are you like God, to tell God what He can do?

You must be all that and a bag of sour cream and onion high tier potato chips.

Do you know who Joe Schimmel is?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you know who Joe Schimmel is?
I don't think I care.

So now why do you think you can tell God what to do? Are you God's mini-me or something? Raised any dead people and healed any sick and dying? Sacrificed your own life for another?

What are your credentials that I should believe you over God and God's Word?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,334.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That Jesus is the image of the unseen Father who is Spirit and male ..

God is Spirit, and as someone has already said, does not have a gender. How can you assign a gender to Spirit, or prove that spirit has a gender?
The word used for Spirit, in the OT, is feminine anyway.
Jesus was born as a male. I would guess that had their society accepted women and treated men as second class citizens, he would have been born female. But that's speculation; he was definitely a boy who became a man.

Reactions: Philip_B
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God is Spirit, and as someone has already said, does not have a gender. How can you assign a gender to Spirit, or prove that spirit has a gender?
Jesus was born as a male. I would guess that had their society accepted women and treated men as second class citizens, he would have been born female. But that's speculation; he was definitely a boy who became a man.

Bible view women - creation.com

Was male imagery and incarnation a concession to a patriarchal culture?
Some scholars admit that the Bible depicts God in male terms, but argue that it was simply because the patriarchal culture would not accept a female God. Some go so far as to argue that the only reason that Jesus couldn’t have been a female is because the culture was not ready for a female Messiah. However, much of this so-called patriarchy is contained in the Mosaic Law, which God gave to Israel! God could have revealed Himself in female terms if it were an accurate portrayal of His nature, and He could have prepared the culture for a female Messiah. On a similar note, it is also claimed that the only reason Jesus had to be male was that a female would not be accepted as a teacher in first century Palestine. It is not even clear if the culture was as patriarchal as is claimed; many ancient cultures worshipped goddesses (see, e.g. Acts 19:27–28) and Paul even had to straighten out the Corinthians about women’s proper place in church services (1 Corinthians 14:33–38).

This objection is absurd even on the face of it—the Prophets and Jesus themselves frequently challenged the culture of their day, where it didn’t match God’s standards. Indeed, humanly speaking, Jesus’ enemies wouldn’t have bothered to crucify Him if he had not been a staunch critic of much of the culture.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
However, God does not refer to Himself as female, so we really don't need to spin the wheel on this one.

Now the phrase in red is troubling. Now I see how non Christains would say a Christain said something like this.

You may just be happy how God made you. Instead of worrying about if you ever have gotten the short end of a stick. It's really pretty sad to say what I read.

If you didn't have legs, I guarantee you would not be worried about being a female in a male dominated society. Who cares, we are Christ's not the world. They don't run us, God runs us.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Joshua_5
Upvote 0