Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are there any verses that confirm He is a man?

Yeah....Matthew 1:23. :cool: Notice, too, there aren't any verses in the rest of the New Testament that imply that God forgot to put the stem on the apple.

2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

Fish14

Dec 16, 2016
Brussels
✟33,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah....Matthew 1:23. :cool: Notice, too, there aren't any verses in the rest of the New Testament that imply that God forgot to put the stem on the apple.

2PhiloVoid
Thanks, that was what I looked for.

There's a multitude, but why does it matter?
I came across a site arguing that Christ is a woman.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

There's a site for everything. Abraham Lincoln is quoted on a site somewhere saying you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Galatians 4:4 is another one, and it is among the earliest verses written in the New Testament.

Let them chaw on that for a while ...

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Reactions: lben
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I read somewhere :) that in the latter days some shall depart from the faith, giving way to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons. The internet is a gateway to finding good sound teaching... and also all the doctrines of demons you want. You did good by asking... verify, then move on. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Serto Rocky Kom

Serto Rocky
Oct 29, 2015
Manipur. India
✟7,741.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are there any verses that confirm He is a man?
It's worth referring to the Gospel of John:3:16 where it said God's begotten Son. "Son" literally meant male. and in so many other Bible verses Jesus is referred to being as Son. Hope this answered well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Galatians 4:4 But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law,

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,327.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There's a site for everything. Abraham Lincoln is quoted on a site somewhere saying you can't believe everything you read on the internet.
That's not true! He was copying Benjamin Franklin!

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I read somewhere :) that in the latter days some shall depart from the faith, giving way to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons. The internet is a gateway to finding good sound teaching... and also all the doctrines of demons you want. You did good by asking... verify, then move on. Blessings.

What is the goal of doctrines of demons?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is the goal of doctrines of demons?
The verse explains this, "in the latter times, some shall depart from the faith." So, a little less truth in one, a little less truth in another, and eventually you become like the seed that is scattered on hard rocky ground and not good soil. The Adversary will use time as well, a generation... to press into acceptance a half truth that will be built upon in subsequent generations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The verse explains this, "in the latter times, some shall depart from the faith." So, a little less truth in one, a little less truth in another, and eventually you become like the seed that is scattered on hard rocky ground and not good soil. The Adversary will use time as well, a generation... to press into acceptance a half truth that will be built upon in subsequent generations.

What are the most common doctrines of demons today?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What are the most common doctrines of demons today?
I won't pick anything because I believe that most doctrines build over a period of time. One person gains an insight and then somebody else a generation later adds to that insight with one of his own, and, if I can steal a secular term, the doctrine will evolve. If you stand today thinking that the current understanding of the trinity has been consistent since 321AD (Nicea) then you would be mistaken. There was a time, when, if one didn't admit to "praying to Jesus directly," that person would have been killed for denying the trinity. That sounds more like modalism them trinitarianism, but for a time that was the formula. There is NO BETTER BOOK at revealing how doctrine develops, than Harold OJ Brown's "Heresies." It isn't an easy read, you read 3-5 pages and put it down to let it absorb.

So, some doctrines might not be true but they are not evil, whereas others are not true and evil and designed to pull one away from God. And that is the scale I use... if anything being taught is causing others to stumble OR stands in contrast to the CHARACTER of God, I generally avoid it as something I would accept as truth and then explore it to find the holes to help others see it for the facade it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are we still discussing whether or not Jesus was a male?
Yes... the defining what a "doctrine of demon" is might be important because if the idea is that it will pull one away from God, the Adversary wins. Is Yeshua a male? Well, make him a woman or something the LGBT community can accept, and we have altered his character, taken from his reputation... and biblically speaking, that is what "profaning his name" means. And, that would be a doctrine of demons. It is like attacking the virgin birth... "But maiden is a better translation." Yes, but a "unmarried woman" (maiden) in that culture was a virgin so why start the argument when it will only cause strife? Because it is the doctrine of a foul spirit to cause strife and divide, not the Spirit of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fish14

Dec 16, 2016
Brussels
✟33,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I forgot there are many verses about Jesus being the Son of God. He is indeed a man.

But what about the Bible verse the site uses to prove their point:
And if he bring a lamb for a sin offering, he shall bring it a female without blemish. (Leviticus 4:32)
Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (John 1:29)​

Upvote 0